Mach-E for newbies

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
What kind of bike do you have? I have a Juiced hyper scorpion. I love that thing, I can work my ass off if I want or just hit the throttle and have fun.
I have a Radrover. On flat roads I mostly just pedal without assist but then I will use the pedal assist for going uphill. The throttle is nice when I want to quickly cross over a busy road.

C407D8BD-223B-44AA-ACA2-B188D31389FD.jpeg
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
youā€™ll have six months at least to read this board before it delivers
@Lord Polymath - take my advice - don't read too much about problems that people have, read more about how much they love the car ;) (I still hope to join them in a couple of months and meanwhile trying to follow my own advice)

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I have a Radrover. On flat roads I mostly just pedal without assist but then I will use the pedal assist for going uphill. The throttle is nice when I want to quickly cross over a busy road.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E for newbies C407D8BD-223B-44AA-ACA2-B188D31389FD
Awesome bike!

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
The one speed planetary drive spools up beyond 10,000 rpm which means instant seamless torque. I find our MME a very good quality EUV (Electric Utility Vehicle) with a quality of feel Lincoln should be jealous of. I enjoy itā€™s quiet tone and I commute nearly 90 miles RT a day and I save about $16 a day (in gas $$) over my TT EcoBoost Flex. Charge at night on a 40 amp circuit using the Ford provided charger. PAAK takes getting used to and Iā€™ve used it only straight for 2 months with no issues. The Co-Pilot 360 safety features also take getting used and work very well though Iā€™m not looking for a self driving vehicle so this iteration is fine (No BlueCruise is fine for me). It has more room than youā€™d think. We bought an AWD Select off the lot by chance and saved thousands over higher content, saved thousands on a trade in, saved thousands in an EV Tax Credit. A very good deal all around. Weā€™ve inexpensive power at $.0634/KWh so thatā€™s a really good double deal.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm completely new to the EV world and was wondering if anyone has a good website or resource for learning about them. I'm somewhat familiar with caring for lithium-ion batteries because I use high powered flashlights and have an e-bike, but an electric vehicle is on another level. From charging to battery care to what happens when it's really cold outside - I have so many questions I don't know where to start.
Thanks for any help/suggestions!
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle/2021/Ford/Mustang Mach-E/how-to-videos/video-library/

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
@Lord Polymath - take my advice - don't read too much about problems that people have, read more about how much they love the car ;) (I still hope to join them in a couple of months and meanwhile trying to follow my own advice)
Absolutely. I hated waiting five months after ordering. Then I sat here and read post after post of things going wrong with the people who got theirs. I felt terrible for them and got cold feet for myself. I loved the car I had and thought many times that I was making a mistake.

Flash forward five months to delivery and I absolutely love it. Itā€™s the most fun car Iā€™ve ever driven, and it holds its own against my previous favorite Acuras and VWs. Itā€™s an absolute blast and Iā€™m really happy I have it. I wish such good fortune on you all.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The one speed planetary drive spools up beyond 10,000 rpm which means instant seamless torque. I find our MME a very good quality EUV (Electric Utility Vehicle) with a quality of feel Lincoln should be jealous of. I enjoy itā€™s quiet tone and I commute nearly 90 miles RT a day and I save about $16 a day (in gas $$) over my TT EcoBoost Flex. Charge at night on a 40 amp circuit using the Ford provided charger. PAAK takes getting used to and Iā€™ve used it only straight for 2 months with no issues. The Co-Pilot 360 safety features also take getting used and work very well though Iā€™m not looking for a self driving vehicle so this iteration is fine (No BlueCruise is fine for me). It has more room than youā€™d think. We bought an AWD Select off the lot by chance and saved thousands over higher content, saved thousands on a trade in, saved thousands in an EV Tax Credit. A very good deal all around. Weā€™ve inexpensive power at $.0634/KWh so thatā€™s a really good double deal.
Glad you are enjoying it. The car should save you quite a bit with those driving habits. I calculated well over $3600 in savings over 6 months of use so far.

I tell people that EVs are bigger on the inside because they don't need room for an engine, transmission, fuel tank, exhaust etc. Doctor Who fans get the reference. :)

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Glad you are enjoying it. The car should save you quite a bit with those driving habits. I calculated well over $3600 in savings over 6 months of use so far.

I tell people that EVs are bigger on the inside because they don't need room for an engine, transmission, fuel tank, exhaust etc. Doctor Who fans get the reference. :)
but less room if you have K-9 with you....

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

So you're saying the Mach-E is a rolling phone booth?
Sponsored