astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
Once you add your vin you still have to visit a EVGO station and plug in for a charge. Once you complete that plug in, you’ll be able to use Autocharge+ the next time you plug in at EVGO.
right i know, but the tile that's supposed to come up to *enroll* in autocharge+ never appears. from screenshots i've seen (on the EVGo website) i'm not getting that tile. all entering the VIN did is identify the car as a mach-e and what kind of charging connector it has.
Sponsored

RedDeadRegen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red GT-PE, Premium ER RWD (sold), mk7 GTI
Country flag
This is a very frustrating response from EVgo.

First it does not say you cannot charge below 15%, just that they don't recommend it. Second, seriously???? I am on a road trip at 5% and I need to find a L2 charger prior to getting the DCFC I really need to make it to my next destination? What a load of crap. Nobody has ever reported such a problem at EA chargers, so if this is how they design their chargers, they will have a real problem as more and more people use them.
I agree, it is a cop out of an answer. I have escalated this within EVGo and will share here when I hear anything.

The latest response from the support team tried to pin things on a "power saving mode" which would prevent the HVB from charging the 12v. But that also sounds like BS since I always open my Car Scanner App to check battery temp and 12v battery level, and the 12v was in the 95% range.

I'm not above blaming the MME for stupid 12v issues, since my last MME left me stranded 3 times with a drained 12v battery, but I don't think that is the case here.