tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
I am trying to add the Lightning for this but it will not add VIN. I have used an EVGo station in the past and it charged automatically using the free kWh that Ford has provided. Not sure what is the problem. The vehicle is added on app with model year and make.
Ford has provided free kWh with EVGo?
I thought they only did with Electrify America (EA).
Sponsored

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
Thanks for posting this. Enrolled my car, will stop by a charger after work to get it set up.
It didn't work to actually charge the car. However plugging in to the EVGo charger did complete the activation process.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
has anyone successfully set up EVGo P&C on a 2023 MME? i just scanned my VIN into the iOS app (which is up-to-date - 8.0.1 (55)) and it's not offering me autocharge+.

i assume that this is because they don't have 2023 VINs in their system as it seems ppl with 2022 and 2021 MMEs have been successful.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
has anyone successfully set up EVGo P&C on a 2023 MME? i just scanned my VIN into the iOS app (which is up-to-date - 8.0.1 (55)) and it's not offering me autocharge+.

i assume that this is because they don't have 2023 VINs in their system as it seems ppl with 2022 and 2021 MMEs have been successful.
The app didnā€™t save your vin # to your EVGO app? I have a 22 but I had to enter my vin twice before the app saved it.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
The app didnā€™t save your vin # to your EVGO app? I have a 22 but I had to enter my vin twice before the app saved it.
it did take the vin and identify it as a mach e, but the app never gave me the option to enable autocharge+.

RedDeadRegen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red GT-PE, Premium ER RWD (sold), mk7 GTI
Country flag
Has anyone had problems charging at EVGo?

I tried and failed to charge at one today and when I called I was told that my car was at too low of a SOC (7%). I was told it needed to be at 15% to work.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Has anyone had problems charging at EVGo?

I tried and failed to charge at one today and when I called I was told that my car was at too low of a SOC (7%). I was told it needed to be at 15% to work.
What? Thatā€™s absolutely incorrect.

RedDeadRegen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red GT-PE, Premium ER RWD (sold), mk7 GTI
Country flag
Sorry to derail the thread, but I figure the issue I ran into is a big asterisk for those using EVGoā€™s services, including autocharge.

I sent an email to EVGo, and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting EVgo. This is true; we recommend all EVs have at least 15% state of charge on their battery before trying to charge with our fast charging stations. The reason is because the station needs to electronically communicate with the on board computers of the EV to ensure that the battery does not overheat. When the state of charge gets too low, the station can not do this effectively, and it defaults to a much lower charging rate until it can establish stable communications with the vehicle. This can greatly impede your charging session, causing it to take much longer to charge. At this low of a state of charge, we recommend using a level 2 charging station because those stations have a low enough output that they don't need to communicate constantly with the computer on board the EV. I hope this answers your questions.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to derail the thread, but I figure the issue I ran into is a big asterisk for those using EVGoā€™s services, including autocharge.

Thank you for contacting EVgo. This is true; we recommend all EVs have at least 15% state of charge on their battery before trying to charge with our fast charging stations. The reason is because the station needs to electronically communicate with the on board computers of the EV to ensure that the battery does not overheat. When the state of charge gets too low, the station can not do this effectively, and it defaults to a much lower charging rate until it can establish stable communications with the vehicle. This can greatly impede your charging session, causing it to take much longer to charge. At this low of a state of charge, we recommend using a level 2 charging station because those stations have a low enough output that they don't need to communicate constantly with the computer on board the EV. I hope this answers your questions.
The communication from the car is all done via the 12V battery, this person from EVGO is just plain stupid.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had set up Autocharge plus on my 21 Select AWD via the EVGo app, it had nothing to do with Fordā€™s P&C system. It worked at 2 of the 3 chargers I frequently use, never worked at the third, but most of my charging sessions at that charger have been problematic anyway.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

This is a very frustrating response from EVgo.

First it does not say you cannot charge below 15%, just that they don't recommend it. Second, seriously???? I am on a road trip at 5% and I need to find a L2 charger prior to getting the DCFC I really need to make it to my next destination? What a load of crap. Nobody has ever reported such a problem at EA chargers, so if this is how they design their chargers, they will have a real problem as more and more people use them.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag

I don't understand where these random bits of misinformation come from. Who made them up? Why was it made up?

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag

This response isnā€™t true. Iā€™ve pulled into an EVGO station several times below 15% SOC and Iā€™ve been able to charge, including using the new Autocharge+.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
it did take the vin and identify it as a mach e, but the app never gave me the option to enable autocharge+.
Once you add your vin you still have to visit a EVGO station and plug in for a charge. Once you complete that plug in, youā€™ll be able to use Autocharge+ the next time you plug in at EVGO.
Sponsored