kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I activated Autocharge+ today. I very rarely use EVGo but figured why not get it working before I use it on a trip.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I activated Autocharge+ today. I very rarely use EVGo but figured why not get it working before I use it on a trip.
Same.
It was really easy to activate.

I left the app open on my screen and it made my phone really hot. Like what is it doing that it has to make the phone get hot? There was some useless animations running on the screen, and to stop the charge you have to use the screen on the charger anyways.
Now that I'm "activated", probably won't open the app at all, hopefully I can just plug in and get started automatically.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I took a few minutes and enrolled my 2020 Bolt as well.

I wonder why all the EV charge companies don’t support some derivative of plug and charge?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took a few minutes and enrolled my 2020 Bolt as well.

I wonder why all the EV charge companies don’t support some derivative of plug and charge?
I agree as I like the P&C

But does it really matter if we just used a Credit Card like we do for gas stations?

RedDeadRegen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red GT-PE, Premium ER RWD (sold), mk7 GTI
Country flag
I updated the app but I'm not seeing any buttons to activate aurocharge for my vehicle...

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I agree as I like the P&C

But does it really matter if we just used a Credit Card like we do for gas stations?
For when my kids are old enough to drive, it will be convenient to have them just pull up to a charger and have it start without them carrying a credit card around. For me personally, no it does not really matter.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I updated the app but I'm not seeing any buttons to activate aurocharge for my vehicle...
Delete your vehicle and re-add it by scanning the VIN.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
I deleted my car, and reinstalled, still no choice to add it. I don't get it. I'm on android.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I deleted my car, and reinstalled, still no choice to add it. I don't get it. I'm on android.
Edit: Also couldn't add my car by scanning. I'm assuming you are supposed to scan the QR code, not that actual number. Couldn't get it to scan. I entered it manually.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
You must also be on the latest version of the app - 7.8.1 or above.

I have an Android and it scanned the VIN just fine. There's no QR code to scan, you scan the VIN on the windshield.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Same. Installed latest app, deleted/added vehicle several times, reboot phone, nothing. Sent an email to the help line at EVGO and they responded telling me to try again in a couple days or wait for an email. :confused:

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You must also be on the latest version of the app - 7.8.1 or above.

I have an Android and it scanned the VIN just fine. There's no QR code to scan, you scan the VIN on the windshield.
Weird, I have a QR code on my windshield where my vin is. The latest Android is 7.7.1

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same. Installed latest app, deleted/added vehicle several times, reboot phone, nothing. Sent an email to the help line at EVGO and they responded telling me to try again in a couple days or wait for an email. :confused:
Ok, that is where I am. I uninstalled, etc. still stuck. Maybe in a few days. I'm not sure why I want it...hahah, I have only charged at home, but I want the latest and greatest especially if I do need it. Planning a trip, so would like to have it. I got my car 10/21 It still only has 2700 miles on it! hahaha...I think almost 2800!!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Weird, I have a QR code on my windshield where my vin is. The latest Android is 7.7.1
Yes but it wants to scan the VIN, not the QR.

Here's the latest app version on Android - 7.8.1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E gains Plug & Charge capability at EVgo Screenshot_20220924-135912

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E gains Plug & Charge capability at EVgo Screenshot_20220924-140345~2

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I finally got it to activate today, but had to go to an older EVGO station to use the EVGO App to initiate the charge. It turns out that one of the new EVGO sites in Goodyear, AZ has an error in the station location, so the app thought I was too far away (a few hundred feet), to select the charger to activate it. I have heard of this being an issue for some EA sites as well.

What is interesting is that there are two very new EVGO sites in Phoenix, and neither one shows up on the Ford Nav. But I did charge at one of those new sites today, and the correct EVGO site name came up in the charging logs in Ford Pass. So when I look at those two sites on the map in Ford Pass, they do show up, just not in the car. Seems similar to the recent issue with EA, although as of yesterday those are showing up in the car again.
Sponsored