blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Is there an embargo going on or something? Seems like the Mach-E GT being in Chicago would be all over YouTube with auto journalists / influencers but it's been pretty much radio silence.
I don't really get it. On one hand there are a crapload of cars there to look at, but you'd think YouTube reviewers that are getting revenue from these videos would upload more than like 4 or 5 videos. Ford alone has probably 5 cars worth looking at.

The only thing so far is stuff like this video where they're just wandering around, or similar (GT is at 8:50). But you'd think there would be some write ups about it even if it was short, among other cars. It's like no one is reporting anything about the auto show.

Last edited:

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I'm guessing late July/early August for the first official reviews
The wait is killing me. Let's see some thesmokingtire, thestraightpipes, and some throttle house reviews please. Uuuughghhgh

I think part of what's making the wait do hard is just the lack of information on the GT models. Once some reviews come out at least having some answers will make it easier.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The wait is killing me. Let's see some thesmokingtire, thestraightpipes, and some throttle house reviews please. Uuuughghhgh

I think part of what's making the wait do hard is just the lack of information on the GT models. Once some reviews come out at least having some answers will make it easier.
It's just more than coincidental to me that the MME GT was basically ignored by all the journalists / YouTubers.

Either the MME GT is old news and none of them are interested in talking about it (not likely since practically every reviewer of the 4X said they couldn't wait for the GT) or they're deliberately being silent.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It's just more than coincidental to me that the MME GT was basically ignored by all the journalists / YouTubers.

Either the MME GT is old news and none of them are interested in talking about it (not likely since practically every reviewer of the 4X said they couldn't wait for the GT) or they're deliberately being silent.
It kinda is old news though. We still only know as much as we did from a month or two ago, and there's been no development that would interest the masses. Nobody other than people with orders are wondering if the passenger seats are actually powered.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<snip>
Nobody other than people with orders are wondering if the passenger seats are actually powered.
Ford has already come out stating the passenger seat is powered.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
This wasn’t a full fledged version of the Chicago Auto Show. It was more like a pop up shop. Much smaller than usual.

The Honda display was barren. VW only had the GTI & Golf R available for press day, not the public. There were more booth baes and beasts than stealership hustlers. Factory reps were far and few between. I never saw anyone corporate at Toyota or Chevy.

EVERYTHING was low key.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Ford has already come out stating the passenger seat is powered.
That's news to me. Everything in my GT-P order states that the passenger seat is manual. We shall see when the first ones show up. Nice surprise if it is powered. Of course the dealer is clueless!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That's news to me. Everything in my GT-P order states that the passenger seat is manual. We shall see when the first ones show up. Nice surprise if it is powered. Of course the dealer is clueless!
Here is a thread where someone’s PE window sticker says it’s power:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ord-performance-seats.7328/page-2#post-202644

There is another thread where @Ford Motor Company states it’s power and requests information on where it states it is not. We provided them with links on where it is not correct

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
It kinda is old news though. We still only know as much as we did from a month or two ago, and there's been no development that would interest the masses. Nobody other than people with orders are wondering if the passenger seats are actually powered.
That's the other thing that I was noticing too was there were enough 'not available yet' cars to be able to ignore the GT. The Nissan Ariya, BMW EV, Ford Maverick, Nissan Z, Kia EV6 GT, etc. I figured they'd want to show those more than a new model of the MME that looks the same with different materials inside.

I guess we'll have to wait for the official reviews when people can actually drive them.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Those wheels gotta GO..
You don't like the PE wheels? I think maybe you're one of the only few that don't like them. Those wheels were one of the factors for me getting a PE (aside from Magneride)

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I was more worried about the PE seats being too confining. When I got my 2011 Shelby GT500 I didn't like how the Recaros felt so snug so I got the standard seats. This will be my daily driver so I want the seat to be comfortable more so than the ride which is why I wasn't worried about no magneride. I've driven several regular Mach E's and the ride is way comfortable so I don't think the regular GT will be punishing.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
You don't like the PE wheels? I think maybe you're one of the only few that don't like them. Those wheels were one of the factors for me getting a PE (aside from Magneride)
They do look better but they are still 20x8. Lipstick on a pig imo. Need wider for 275 tires to do the car justice imo.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It's the one thing I'm scared of when I see mine on delivery day. I'm hoping in person they come off better than pictures, especially without the covers on them.
I don't any car on order yet, but I did see for the first time a real Mach-E California Route 1 in person two weeks ago at my Ford dealer after only seeing pictures. The difference is amazing! Even my wife liked it after seeing it. Here is one picture I took (my Fusion Hybrid can be partially seen at the left side). You can zoom in and see the badge on the tailgate.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT in Cyber Orange @ Chicago Auto Show Mach-E_California_tail
Sponsored