Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the post. I was behind the times on magneride. I thought it was one of Fords better ideas but the Donut video says it was developed by GM.

frinesi2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Golf TDI, '96/97 ZJ 4.0L, '92 Pajero 2.5TD
Country flag
MagneRide is from Delphi (now Aptiv) but GM used it first.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
TEACHER
Country flag
But how smooth is the ride compared to conventional suspension systems, for example, the one in the 2019 Ranger FX4?

62Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
But how smooth is the ride compared to conventional suspension systems, for example, the one in the 2019 Ranger FX4?
It depends on the tuning. The great thing about Magneride is that it can be set up to offer buttery smooth ride and also be set up (say, on sport setting) with much more aggressive tuning for sporty driving. Most likely it will be offered with a very compliant ride in base setting, and offer the option for more aggressive tuning in other settings.

ElectricRS

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FocusRS, Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Tech Geek
Country flag
I am *really* glad to see this: magnetorheological shocks are what I call "miracle" shocks. With a wide range of adjustments, made in milliseconds, these shocks cover any circumstance within a range defined by the drive mode you are in. Hopefully the Mach-E will provide several drive modes, from a normal ride to "track" settings (even though with these particular motors this is defiinitely not a track-capable vehicle). I've driven various cars with these shocks at track speeds and on the road... I definitely want these in my next car.
After spending so many years upgrading suspension bits of my various HPDE cars, and even street cars, with these shocks I'll never have to buy performnce replacement shocks again.

Last edited:

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
It would be nice if Ford offered the Magneride suspension as an option on the Premium. I suspect that won't be the case, but so far there has been no hint of optional packages.

62Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
It would be nice if Ford offered the Magneride suspension as an option on the Premium. I suspect that won't be the case, but so far there has been no hint of optional packages.
Going only by current Ford practice, Magneride is a performance pack add on on the Mustang, so presumably it will be the same of MME - an add on option on the GT.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

JYC78

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3, RX350
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Ford is able to charge more by bundling and keeping it exclusive to the Mach-E GT. I believe they said some 30% of reservations were for the GT. I know it's not all for the MagneRide but it's a big factor.

I'm sure some would have ordered a Premium if MagneRide was an option. Maybe if/when the Shelby version is out?

Ranger Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ, 4Runner
Occupation
Ranger
Country flag
Ford is able to charge more by bundling and keeping it exclusive to the Mach-E GT. I believe they said some 30% of reservations were for the GT. I know it's not all for the MagneRide but it's a big factor.

I'm sure some would have ordered a Premium if MagneRide was an option. Maybe if/when the Shelby version is out?
Absolutely. Besides performance, Magneride is the second biggest factor why I was swayed to the GT. Can't wait to test drive and feel it in action. Along with the low center of gravity, I think the Mach-E is going to handle great.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to necrobump an old thread. Does magneride allow you to adjust ride height?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag