Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Nice article. Very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I really like the cargo shade - far better than the traditional hard "felt" (?) ones that you have to leave at home if you bring too many bags with you and therefore end up advertising all your bags to prying eyes when you stop on a trip. Or the retractable ones that have the solid bar across the back that limits cargo height unless you leave it at home as well. This should be how all SUVs do cargo covers.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I really like the cargo shade - far better than the traditional hard "felt" (?) ones that you have to leave at home if you bring too many bags with you and therefore end up advertising all your bags to prying eyes when you stop on a trip. Or the retractable ones that have the solid bar across the back that limits cargo height unless you leave it at home as well. This should be how all SUVs do cargo covers.
My current car has that semi-rigid/felt style. I like it a lot. But it's also a nuisance in exactly the way you described.

It's held up well for all these years and plenty of cargo area usage. I'm hopeful that Mach-E's cargo cover holds up well, too. It's the same design as the Ford Puma's cover, so hopefully any kinks have been worked out.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
while missing that V8 rumble
that late model sweet V8 rumble is a spectacular thing that I love to hear from the outside, but it's not enough to keep me from buying a car without it. ?

it's one of those things that makes it clear that there's a difference between a car that's loud because it's truly awesome, and a car that sounds loud because it's very broken or some idiot teenager didn't know the difference between volume and quality.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Happy to see that cargo capacity in action but now scared of my wife talking the MME to go to Costco
just buy some Kirkland Signature (tm)(R)(C) toilet paper ahead of time and fill the cargo area with it... then you'll fill the space and be ready for the next pandemic!

wait, that might tempt people to break in... hmm...

I've got it! Spray it full of this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Luggage Test (Cargo/Trunk Space) 1609935746780

Sure, you'll lose the space semi-permanently, but your wallet will thank you!

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
just buy some Kirkland Signature (tm)(R)(C) toilet paper ahead of time and fill the cargo area with it... then you'll fill the space and be ready for the next pandemic!

wait, that might tempt people to break in... hmm...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Luggage Test (Cargo/Trunk Space) 1609935746780

Sure, you'll lose the space semi-permanently, but your wallet will thank you!
Good idea

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

1609935746780-png.png
I had used that stuff before, but the first time I used it as a new homeowner was crazy. It could've been the exhaustion of going up and down the ladder to the attic and down to the basement breaker box so many times, or the heat and dehydration from working so long in the attic. But as I sprayed it and watched it expand I commented out loud to no one "wow, this is some great stuff". I turned the can over to look at the name and it took all my remaining strength to hold on to a rafter to not fall through the ceiling laughing.

For those unaware, this is the most common brand:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Luggage Test (Cargo/Trunk Space) gaps-and-cracks-thumbnail

JeffreyC

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 535i X
Country flag
I checked out the Mach-E at an event they had near us yesterday. I have to say I am concerned about cargo capacity. As I measure it, the Mach-E's rear cargo area is 34" deep x 42" wide with really no space under the trunk floor. The Model Y is 42" deep x 37" wide (at the narrowest), but is much wider near the rear of the car and has the deep cubbies on each side. Plus the Model Y has a very large space under the trunk floor. The frunks seem to be about the same size. The real difference is that the Model Y is 8" deeper - even though the Y is only 1" longer in total length.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My current car has that semi-rigid/felt style. I like it a lot. But it's also a nuisance in exactly the way you described.

It's held up well for all these years and plenty of cargo area usage. I'm hopeful that Mach-E's cargo cover holds up well, too. It's the same design as the Ford Puma's cover, so hopefully any kinks have been worked out.
I have that "window blind" cover in the Escape with the rigid holder. You know where it is right now? IN the corner of my garage. That thing is always in the way and is a PITA.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have that "window blind" cover in the Escape with the rigid holder. You know where it is right now? IN the corner of my garage. That thing is always in the way and is a PITA.
Having played with the Mach E cargo cover I think it is great. It is simple to attach and detach. Most of the time you can leave it in place. When you don't want it you have two good storage options. It folds down like some window shades. It also is just a tad bit smaller than the cargo floor so you can just slip it under the floor without any folding.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I checked out the Mach-E at an event they had near us yesterday. I have to say I am concerned about cargo capacity. As I measure it, the Mach-E's rear cargo area is 34" deep x 42" wide with really no space under the trunk floor. The Model Y is 42" deep x 37" wide (at the narrowest), but is much wider near the rear of the car and has the deep cubbies on each side. Plus the Model Y has a very large space under the trunk floor. The frunks seem to be about the same size. The real difference is that the Model Y is 8" deeper - even though the Y is only 1" longer in total length.

If you look at this picture you can see the size difference, the Mach is more crossover sized.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcM8bUTXYAMwkDe?format=jpg&name=large
Sponsored