Mach-E not charging to setting

acoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3 2021
Country flag
I recently changed my charging setting from charging to 70% to charging to 90% while plugged in at home. But it will only charge to 88%.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

cujo70056

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME gt
Occupation
Maintenance
Country flag
I have the same issue, I read to delete the location (ie home) and redo, haven't had a chance to mess with yet

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I recently changed my charging setting from charging to 70% to charging to 90% while plugged in at home. But it will only charge to 88%.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks in advance
I once thought I had this problem but then noticed that on the FordPass app the Home page had different info then the Vehicle page.

Seems that Vehicle page updates before Home page, so I was at 90% although Home still showed 88%. So my problem was I had no problem.

OP
OP

acoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3 2021
Country flag
Hi ChuchA,
When I get in the car, my actually % on my dash shows only 88%. That is also was is showing on my app as well. I feel like I still have a problem.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hi ChuchA,
When I get in the car, my actually % on my dash shows only 88%. That is also was is showing on my app as well. I feel like I still have a problem.
It probably stopped charging at 90% and then dropped to 88% by the time you got in the car. BMS will update % based on temp changes or after cell balancing. Since you normally only charge to 70% it will take a few days for the balancing to adjust to being charged to 90% daily instead of 70%.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Hi ChuchA,
Are you preconditioning the MME after taking it off the charger? Youā€™re correct that my suggestion doesnā€™t apply to your situation but to be within SOC 2% is curious.

OP
OP

acoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3 2021
Country flag
Today is charged to 89%, so I'll wait a few more days to see if it will reach 90%, but that seems odd that it would not charge to exactly what you want it to. When I want to charge to 100%, it always charges to 100%. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with what preconditioning is after charging.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Today is charged to 89%, so I'll wait a few more days to see if it will reach 90%, but that seems odd that it would not charge to exactly what you want it to. When I want to charge to 100%, it always charges to 100%. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with what preconditioning is after charging.
It means using remote start from the FordPass app and running the MME for 10 minutes (or less) without being plugged into the charger.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Iā€™m set to charge to 90% at home. Sometimes I see 89, sometimes 91, rarely 92. Rounding, overshoot, temperature fluctuations, etc. I donā€™t worry about it.
Sponsored