hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
OK, I am thoroughly confused. It seems in the "dutch people" thread that they are being compelled to finalize their orders in the next week, yet all the other information I have seen states that a firm official ordering date won't be decided for at least a few weeks. Is this a case of the Netherlands tax incentives requiring Ford to deliver there this year, making the Netherlands a special case? That is, has Ford decided that the dutch will get the first production cars, and thus have to commit their orders now in order for Ford to ensure the deliveries occur by Dec 31st?
I’m not involved with the international groups, so I can only speak towards what I’m hearing for the US market. Which is the dates I’ve stated.

My guess is that for the US and international launches to be simultaneous the EU orders need to be a step ahead to account for extended shipping times. Or it could very well be that the vehicle may be delivered slightly sooner to the international markets?
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m not involved with the international groups, so I can only speak towards what I’m hearing for the US market. Which is the dates I’ve stated.

My guess is that for the US and international launches to be simultaneous the EU orders need to be a step ahead to account for extended shipping times. Or it could very well be that the vehicle may be delivered slightly sooner to the international markets?
Not sure we can read much into delivery times from that yet. But it does appears orders may begin sooner in a few of those countries. Maybe in part because of longer shipping times; maybe in part because Ford wants to get locked in what to manufacture in what order to put on those ships to get them there before the end of the year for tax purposes and/or emissions targets?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I always heard 'late 2020'. Somewhat vague, but certainly not implying a summer delivery.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
The original delivery schedule I remember hearing was September for dealer demo units and October for FE customer deliveries in Europe. Then November for FE in North America. Nov/Dec for the early Premium trim reservations.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
"you can cancel this free of charge at any time until you confirm your order. "

so does this mean there fill be a non-refundable fee to cancel after confirming your order?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
"you can cancel this free of charge at any time until you confirm your order. "

so does this mean there fill be a non-refundable fee to cancel after confirming your order?
In the USA, when you put your order in (currently late June), you will do so with your dealer. With covid changing all the rules on a daily basis, it's possible that will be fully online. More and more dealers seem to be moving to online car buying. You will get your Ford deposit back at that time. Your dealer may require a deposit or it may not. It may be refundable, or it may not. You will not be signing "on the dotted line" for the car until actual delivery of the car.

fvdoorn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, MG
Country flag
OK, I am thoroughly confused. It seems in the "dutch people" thread that they are being compelled to finalize their orders in the next week, yet all the other information I have seen states that a firm official ordering date won't be decided for at least a few weeks. Is this a case of the Netherlands tax incentives requiring Ford to deliver there this year, making the Netherlands a special case? That is, has Ford decided that the dutch will get the first production cars, and thus have to commit their orders now in order for Ford to ensure the deliveries occur by Dec 31st?
I confirmed my order at the dealer today in the Netherlands. Expected delivery end november. Dealer told me on the phone the expect first deliveries in October.
Test-driving will be most likely in my own car. Even if they get cars for test driving earlier: it doesn't care as I now have a contract. Cancelling it would mean I have to pay 15%. However, if the dealer does not deliver before end of november I have the right to cancel for free.

We have some good tax rules if the car is delivered in 2020.

Already looking forward to it.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Cancelling it would mean I have to pay 15%
I understand there is a huge tax advantage in the Netherlands for delivery in 2020, but that's a lot of faith that the car will be what the pictures on the internet say it will be. If you hate the car you are stuck with it.

fvdoorn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, MG
Country flag
I understand there is a huge tax advantage in the Netherlands for delivery in 2020, but that's a lot of faith that the car will be what the pictures on the internet say it will be. If you hate the car you are stuck with it.
I know. It is a risk. And for sure there will be things that are not as expected. But on the other hand: Ford is taking a huge risk with using the brandname Mustang here. They should have thought about it thoroughly.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I hope Ford doesn't follow the Tesla model. I had a $1,000 fully refundable reservation deposit placed on the first day they took reservations on the M3. When it came time to convert the reservation in July 2018 to an order, Tesla wanted the deposit increased to a $2,500 NON-refundable before I'd had a chance to even sit in an M3... so I've been driving something else.
Sponsored