EthanT

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Wow, I wish I knew this forum existed before today. Hoping you guys can help me with this one.

I finally took ownership of my Mach-e that I ordered on March 6th. When I ordered, I wanted to order the premium but that was not an available option, I ordered a Select with the Comfort/Technology package as that gave me most of what I wanted. When the order was switched to a 2023 a couple months ago, my dealer at Airport Marina Ford in LA told me that the Comfort/Technology Package was now standard along with a higher price and Ford would honor the original pricing, but I couldn’t switch to the Premium. After picking up the car, I realize that I do not have memory seats, power liftgate, heated seats and steering wheel, smaller wheels and the 360 camera and Blue Cruise are 90 trial rather than being included. While I love how the car drives and feels, the lack of these features is real issue for me.

Any ideas what I can do about it? I ended up not getting the car I ordered despite the price being the same. Neither Ford or the dealership has any answers.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Your dealer was wrong. A change for 2023 was that the Comfort/Tech package is not available anymore in the US. Not sure how they confused that with being standard. But it sounds like you bought the car anyway? You can try to get your money back, but ultimately you shouldn’t have gone through with the purchase if it wasn’t the car you wanted. You can probably sell it and make out okay if you have enough tax liability to use the tax credit.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
technically the package is now standard as they included some parts of the comfort/tech package now to the select but obviously left those important pieces out. Seems like poor communication from the dealer. Sucks that you missed out on converting to a prem trim

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/“private-offer”-anyone.21126/

here's a whole thread about the fiasco if you want to read about it

OP
OP

EthanT

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Thanks. Quite the fiasco indeed. What do you think I can do about it? I put the blame on Ford for not communicating this change at all!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
If you have already purchased the vehicle there is little if anything you can do about it. If you have not made the purchase then your options are to decline the vehicle upon delivery and either order a new one or purchase an existing vehicle with the options that closer meet your needs.

OP
OP

EthanT

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Unfortunately, I couldn’t order a new one because I already sold my car the day before and I needed to get the new one by the end of the year to get the $7500 tax rebate. But it’s not the car I ordered and it wasn’t disclosed to me until after I discovered these missing features that I paid for. Why didn’t Ford communicate these loss of features to all ‘22 pre-orders with the C/T package? They need to give me a different car.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Hmmm....sorry man that's a tough one. I'm not trying to be mean or be an asshole but the probability of you being shit outta luck is pretty high here.

So realistically the resale value of Mach-E is still pretty high. Perhaps you can place a new order with the features you wanted and in the mean time drive the current one you recently purchased. Once the new one comes in you can sell the current one.

I know you aren't going to be happy with this option but in all honesty it is likely your best one.

OP
OP

EthanT

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Thanks. I might have to do that. Anyone interested? Only 70 miles!

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
OP
OP

EthanT

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
Sorry, this was not well publicized by Ford at all as I am not on car forums. They sent me multiple email updates about my car and not one of them included this info, which would have been very easy to do. This is definitely Ford’s fault. I paid for these extra features and they took my money without providing them. These are pretty standard features we are talking about here.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Sorry, this was not well publicized by Ford at all as I am not on car forums. They sent me multiple email updates about my car and not one of them included this info, which would have been very easy to do. This is definitely Ford’s fault. I paid for these extra features and they took my money without providing them. These are pretty standard features we are talking about here.
Blame your dealer, it was their job to communicate the changes to you, and it's their responsibility to be your point of contact regarding your order. The dealer was supposed to call you and go over the changes with you on the phone when they converted it to a 2023. If they didn't do this, take it up with the dealership manager.

Ford did not take your money for features you didn't get. You should have got a $3000 private offer discount off the 2023 purchase price to cover the model year price increases.

OP
OP

EthanT

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I did get the $3000 private offer discount, however the difference in MSRP between the 2022 and 2023 is $6k. With the $3k discount included I paid the same for the car as I would have for the 2022 model WITH the $3k C&T package. So yes, Ford took my money for the C&T package but didn’t deliver those features that I paid for!

And if I didn’t accept the car upon delivery, my Mach-e would have cost me $7500 more because of the expiring tax credit.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I did get the $3000 private offer discount, however the difference in MSRP between the 2022 and 2023 is $6k.
The difference in MSRP for a Select is $3200 not $6000 between the two model years. Your 2022 configured with the Comfort/Tech Package would have actually cost $3000 more than your 2023. So you saved $3k rather than paying $6k more. The private offers closely match the model year price increases within a couple hundred dollars.

EDIT: Maybe you were thinking about the Standard Premium price increase? That was $6k more this year but the private offer would have also covered that.
Sponsored

Last edited: