Mach-E Owner Age Survey - I know it's been done before, but let's update and include new members ๐Ÿ˜!

How old are our Mach-E owners? (Current owners & order holders planning to buy only, please.)

• Total voters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 4
Country flag
400 participants!
That's great. The distribution of ages is pretty well distributed in the middle age ranges.

63.4% of participating owners on MacEForum are between 40 and 69 years old.
30.6% are just outside of that range with 17.8% in the 30-39 range and 12.8% in the 70-79 range.

Looking at it from another angle, 60.2% of forum Mach-E owners are under retirement age.
The IRS does not allow penalty free withdrawals from retirement accounts until age 59.5, sooo close enough.​
That leaves 39.8% of owners that are of retirement age.

Having just turned 50, and ridiculous people telling me that 50 is old...
If we go by those crazy people, 41.9% of participants are under 50 and are not old, a.k.a. young.​

I think this is all very interesting. Thank you all for participating, and continuing to contribute to this thread.
I'd love to know what you all think so far.
This isn't accidental by Ford. They knew there was a horde of people who used to be Mustang-owning age but now need a practical car. They bet that if they stuck the "Mustang" name on a five door crossover family car, the people who used to fancy themselves as Mustang types would buy it. Ford was right. It was excellent marketing to brand their first, modern EV with the Mustang name to attract the "I used to own a Mustang" family car crowd.
Sponsored

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
The comments about baby seats are great.
For our "middle" agers...
Does anyone carry around bigger kids? I'm 6'3" and have a 21 year old (6'4") and a 17 year old (5'11"). My wife is 5'4" on a tall day. When the oldest is home from school and we go out as a family, I've been amazed at how well we all fit in my Mach-E.
What have been you're experiences?
I'm 5'4" on a tall day and hubby is 6'4". We have a college student staying with us to do his internship who just turned 22 and is 6'3", skinny as a rail that we make sit in the back seat with the 10lb maltipoo. He sits behind me for the extra leg room and doggo has his little bed behind hubby's seat. No complaints so far... other than having the MME a little over a year and my refusal to let hubby drive it. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Pup below is tethered in via seat belt for safe transport.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Owner Age Survey - I know it's been done before, but let's update and include new members ๐Ÿ˜! 20230823_144939~2

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Iโ€™m right there with you.
The 6โ€™4โ€ son sits behind my 5โ€™4โ€ wife and the 5โ€™11โ€ son sits behind me. Perfect balance. Everyoneโ€™s comfortable.

When I was looking at my MME, I also looked at the Kia EV6. Not enough head room. My head hit the ceiling. I had to tilt it to one side or the other. Nope. Moving on.

Very happy with my choice.

Spike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
why would you have to be 18 to buy, I bought my first car at 16

George Knighton

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE
Occupation
Retired. I'd say it was a mid life crisis, but not many people live to 140.
Country flag
You hold a view of Elon that 33% of this country would agree with, but there's another 67% that don't. I see him as a revolutionary leader despite his flaws.
You were not talking to me, but I'm going to venture the opinion that Mr Musk has proved over and over again that personal public appearances and statements are not his strong suite, and he should consider stepping back.

He should take a lesson from other potentially controversial economic leaders like Branson and Zuck, and limit appearances to those during which he knows he would make well considered, thoughtful statements.

The less you talk sometimes, the more people listen, eh.

Love you all, but really? Elon, Tesla, Model Y's, "Transformational Leaders", Lock Downs, arguing with each other. You've gone off the rails. Please get another thread, or a room, or an octagon and go at it there.
The ages of people who've bought the Mach-E surprised me totally. I'm really rather old and find myself in good company here.

The maturity of the group probably makes for more thoughtful conversations, despite the fact that a I ignored you and made a Musk-oriented statement just a moment ago.

George Knighton

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE
Occupation
Retired. I'd say it was a mid life crisis, but not many people live to 140.
Country flag
why would you have to be 18 to buy, I bought my first car at 16
Welcome to the legacies of federal republicanism.

Unless otherwise regulated by federal law, the States can have varying ages of majority, or different majorities for different purposes.

In Virginia, you might be an adult, depending on the purpose, at 16, 18, 21, or 25. I have no idea how we settled on 25 as the typical trust age, but there you have it.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I barely fit into the 40-49 category, but only for the next 11 months. Then I'll be "upgrading."
Birth year: 1974 - but judging by that alone ages me by almost a year.
You guys want my SSN and my mother's maiden name, too? ๐Ÿคฃ

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
You were not talking to me, but I'm going to venture the opinion that Mr Musk has proved over and over again that personal public appearances and statements are not his strong suite, and he should consider stepping back.

He should take a lesson from other potentially controversial economic leaders like Branson and Zuck, and limit appearances to those during which he knows he would make well considered, thoughtful statements.

The less you talk sometimes, the more people listen, eh.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." ~attributed to Abraham Lincoln

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E premium vapor blue & a '19 MCS
Occupation
Ret.
Country flag
A couple of weeks ago I posted an image of my car with a sign that my family arranged for my birthday, in October. That thread received, and is still receiving, amazing feedback and comments and it makes me happy to read it.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...be-50-i-am-50-and-dont-call-me-shirley.32049/

The response to that post (which took me me by surprise) was so great that I thought... I haven't seen, at least not in some time, a poll of Mach-E owner ages on MachEForum.com.
SO, let's do that.
Positive comments are welcome and encouraged. Let's have fun.
I'm excited to see the results!

Two Rules
1. Current owners and order holders planning to buy only, please.
2. You can change your selected age range if you have a birthday.

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E premium vapor blue & a '19 MCS
Occupation
Ret.
Country flag
I'm halfway through my 82nd year & enjoying my 1st Ford & 1st EV. There was a Ford motor in my Sunbeam Tiger that I auto crossed & my bride had a '69 Mustang when we married. I'll probably add stiffer sway bars to the AWD I bought since I live near the "snake" & "dragon" to keep me & the pony from leaving the preferred line through the twisties. Thanks to all of your posts that have added to my knowledge of the MME.

2023 Mach E.jpg

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm halfway through my 82nd year & enjoying my 1st Ford & 1st EV. There was a Ford motor in my Sunbeam Tiger that I auto crossed & my bride had a '69 Mustang when we married. I'll probably add stiffer sway bars to the AWD I bought since I live near the "snake" & "dragon" to keep me & the pony from leaving the preferred line through the twisties. Thanks to all of your posts that have added to my knowledge of the MME.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Owner Age Survey - I know it's been done before, but let's update and include new members ๐Ÿ˜! 2023 Mach E
I had a lot of SEABEEs working for me over my career. If you want to talk about work ask a sailor. If you want work done ask a SEABEE.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Owner Age Survey - I know it's been done before, but let's update and include new members ๐Ÿ˜! 2023 Mach E
Welcome to the Ford Family. Your Mustang Mach-E is a beauty.

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

82 and still thinking about the twisties. OUTSTANDING!
So glad you shared this. I love the black wheels. They go well with the color.

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I had a lot of SEABEEs working for me over my career. If you want to talk about work ask a sailor. If you want work done ask a SEABEE.
Now that you mention the SEABEES, I recently watched this episode of Mike Rowe's "Somebody's Gotta Do It" about his day working with the SEABEES.

OP
OP
DadzBoyz

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
567 participants in the survey/poll....so far.
That's amazing. Thank you all for participating, and thank you to those that will continue to participate and share your thoughts and messages.
When creating the title for the poll, I included the statement:

"I know it's been done before, but let's update and include new members ๐Ÿ˜!"

Of course, no good deed goes unpunished, and there were some of the "This has already been done. Search the forum." notes. I tried to overcome that objection with the title and a message hoping for positive conversation and looking forward to inviting new members that have joined since prior polls to participate.

That didn't stop the "It's been done..." comments.
That said, I'd rather focus on the positive. You all came through! 567 poll participants is amazing!

Understanding this poll is not scientific, not a double-blind study, not peer reviewed, not audited by PWC, not sanctioned, I did not get permission from my mom, and 3 out of 4 dentists did not approve...
...I've still enjoyed looking at the data we have and doing some non-scientific, not a double-blind.... analysis.
Thank you again to everyone.
giphy.gif
Sponsored