CBWilkjr

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I am a new owner of a 23 Premium MME that I have been driving since 12/27/22. We have about 4,500 miles on it already, and there are a few quarks that I am hoping others may have seen and can help me troubleshoot. Overall, I am loving this vehicle, though.

First, both my wife and I use our iPhones as a key. I am 9 inches taller than her, and the seat memory settings are therefore quite different! The car cannot seem to figure out who is driving, and it almost randomly selects the seat memory on its own. I therefore am often scrunched up when I turn the car on if she is also in it. Even if I set the seat before turning it on, it will still just to my wife's setting, and I have to change it back again before driving.

Next, sometimes when I turn the car on and start driving, the Ford navigation kicks in on its own and begins to route me to places such as home or a recent location. When I use navigation, it is exclusive through CarPlay, so I have no idea why it does this! I am forced to shut it off.

Today when my wifed turned on the car, a message came on (see attachment) indicating that full accessory power was active, and it would not let her shift it out of park. I shut the car off for a few minutes and then tried again. It was fine.

Finally, does Ford have a place to enter enhancement requests or get answers (e.g. a support line) for these weird items that happen? My biggest annoyance is that you have to dig into the screen to get to the rear liftgate open from within the car. I don't for the life of me understand where there is not a physical switch or that the button is not located on the home screen. I would love to request this as an enhancement. I'm sure I am not alone on this one!

If anyone can provide some context around any of these issues, it would be welcomed as I continue to get my legs on using this car.

Regards,

IMG_374BA36A166C-1.jpeg
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Yes, even on a subatomic level some things just are not right every time.

I think the trunk button is not on the home screen to prevent accidental opening. You don't want a vehicle door opening without specific intent, that why it's 2 clicks.

Full Accessory Power was probably caused by the brake pedal not being depressed far enough when clicking the start button.

I haven't found a good way to get the proper driver profile to load automatically every time. My wife and I switch off driving the car, but our seat settings are fairly close so it's not a big deal for us.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This thread makes no sense. What does Quark have to do with the Mach-E?

3365950-quarkcover.jpg

OP
OP

CBWilkjr

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Thank you. The power comment is helpful, and I will make sure to watch for that. The liftgate button, in my experience, will only work when the car is in park, so I feel like it could be anywhere easier than where it is. Thanks.

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
My wife and I experience the same profile selection dilemma when we both enter or when one of us drove last. I don't know how Ford can fix this because there is no way to send the message "I'm going to drive now, not the other person". I recommend to use the profile buttons to select the driver, to connect cell phones, etc. Seems the audio screen also follows the selected profile. Perhaps Ford could add to Ford Pass app "I'm going to drive" so the correct profile could be primed to
activate. For us, I would rate this functionality a 0.25 on a scale of 1-10 of features I'd like to see added.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Pedantry aside, yes, I've had weirdness with the profile selection, and neither of us use PAAK. I have a feeling (but haven't tested it) that whoever opens the door first has their profile selected, so even if I'm driving, if my partner opens the passenger door first, it selects her profile because her key is the one that opened the door. Again, I haven't tested this, just have a feeling.

Red Baron

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 2WD Standard Range
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I am a new owner of a 23 Premium MME that I have been driving since 12/27/22. We have about 4,500 miles on it already, and there are a few quarks that I am hoping others may have seen and can help me troubleshoot. Overall, I am loving this vehicle, though.

First, both my wife and I use our iPhones as a key. I am 9 inches taller than her, and the seat memory settings are therefore quite different! The car cannot seem to figure out who is driving, and it almost randomly selects the seat memory on its own. I therefore am often scrunched up when I turn the car on if she is also in it. Even if I set the seat before turning it on, it will still just to my wife's setting, and I have to change it back again before driving.

Next, sometimes when I turn the car on and start driving, the Ford navigation kicks in on its own and begins to route me to places such as home or a recent location. When I use navigation, it is exclusive through CarPlay, so I have no idea why it does this! I am forced to shut it off.

Today when my wifed turned on the car, a message came on (see attachment) indicating that full accessory power was active, and it would not let her shift it out of park. I shut the car off for a few minutes and then tried again. It was fine.

Finally, does Ford have a place to enter enhancement requests or get answers (e.g. a support line) for these weird items that happen? My biggest annoyance is that you have to dig into the screen to get to the rear liftgate open from within the car. I don't for the life of me understand where there is not a physical switch or that the button is not located on the home screen. I would love to request this as an enhancement. I'm sure I am not alone on this one!

If anyone can provide some context around any of these issues, it would be welcomed as I continue to get my legs on using this car.

Regards,

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E quarks 3365950-quarkcover

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Just in case.

There is an actual physical button to open the trunk, it's dead center of the tailgate, under the license plate. (yeah, I know, outside)

And you can enter your passcode 123456 (whatever yours is) on the outside C pillar, and then hit 9? and the trunk will open.

/someone is sure to correct me

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Since you use your iPhone as a key make sure that each iPhone is assigned to the correct driver profile. It wasn't intuitive when I setup mine the first time. The profile selector on the door is a quick way to change profiles vs using the big screen. Profiles are far from perfect, accept that early on.

Full Accessory mode typically means your foot wasn't on the brake and there the car is not started. Just push the start button again.

You can't use carplay navigation and built-in navigation at the same time. They will cancel each other out. I know if I start a google maps route while I have built in navigation going it will cancel the built in, not sure about the other way around.

IDCnC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RED RED RED Premium e AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Didn't know that, thanks.

Regards,

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E quarks 3365950-quarkcover

IDCnC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I might be chiming in late on this but...
On our 23 MME Prem, I tied the profiles to the seat memory buttons. Not the PAAK. Not the fobs. Since the odds of two people using the exact same seat settings (or even if they did) is a long shot, it makes sure the correct profile is always in force. Open door...press seat memory button for your settings, sit down and go. Works. Every. Time.

Now if they would just tie the steering column position to this, that would be great (like on my 18 Explorer). But that would require making the column non-manual.

Another minor gripe. The profile switch should also include the audio selection last used by that profile, not just bring up whatever was playing when the car was shut off.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I might be chiming in late on this but...
On our 23 MME Prem, I tied the profiles to the seat memory buttons. Not the PAAK. Not the fobs. Since the odds of two people using the exact same seat settings (or even if they did) is a long shot, it makes sure the correct profile is always in force. Open door...press seat memory button for your settings, sit down and go. Works. Every. Time.

Now if they would just tie the steering column position to this, that would be great (like on my 18 Explorer). But that would require making the column non-manual.

Another minor gripe. The profile switch should also include the audio selection last used by that profile, not just bring up whatever was playing when the car was shut off.
Profiles, setup properly, connect the seat buttons, PaaK, fobs, and the audio selection...

IDCnC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Profiles, setup properly, connect the seat buttons, PaaK, fobs, and the audio selection...

I think the difference is that since you have profiles attached to all 3 (PAAK, fobs and buttons) there might be some "arguing" between them as to who gets the final say. In our case we are not using PAAK and profiles are not attached to the fobs. This is because a lot of times we may both be in the car at the same time (or I may be using my S.O.'s fob or they mine) and we both have our phones (almost always) and might even have both fobs with us. Doing the seat buttons only means whoever is driving will always be the profile in effect.
Sponsored