bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
My daughter is back from college and has been driving our Mach E. It’s front end is a very effective bug swatter. Thank goodness for PPF and ceramic coating. The car will get a good wash today.

C8BFB9A9-7E29-486F-BEE6-8AE99EA32194.jpeg
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My daughter is back from college and has been driving our Mach E. It’s front end is a very effective bug swatter. Thank goodness for PPF and ceramic coating. The car will get a good wash today.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E the insect killer C8BFB9A9-7E29-486F-BEE6-8AE99EA32194
We are going to take our demo out for a road trip today. It will probably look like that by the time we get home!

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
We are going to take our demo out for a road trip today. It will probably look like that by the time we get home!
? That's why I'm researching PPF and considering it for the first time ever.

Cgertz

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, MME AWD ER, ID4
Occupation
Technical support engineer
Country flag
We drove through Idaho yesterday, I think we got them all so there should be a clear path. Added PPF before the trip, stopped at a manual car wash before hitting the hotel to clean everything off.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E the insect killer 2A2C406F-B635-4A8D-93B5-ECBC3F771495

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E the insect killer 2A2C406F-B635-4A8D-93B5-ECBC3F771495
Yep. Happened big time when we took Marlin to FL in March.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
? That's why I'm researching PPF and considering it for the first time ever.
It is an absolute must on the front end. For whatever reason, the paint or bumper material is highly susceptible to rock chips.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It is an absolute must on the front end. For whatever reason, the paint or bumper material is highly susceptible to rock chips.
The reason is easy. The whole front end is soft plastic.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The reason is easy. The whole front end is soft plastic.
Is this different than other cars? The only reason I ask is that my 12yo Ford Fusion with zero PPF never experienced chips like this. I got three chips on my MME within 2,000 miles. Did Ford switch to a softer material at some point?

OP
OP
bluestarct

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Nice plate! Are you aware of Mache 2 yet?
Not yet. The plate was supposed to be MACHE FE but it turns out I ordered the six letter version plate instead of the seven letter version. So the Texas DMV called me and I had to change it on the fly.

The sad part is that I am taking this car to the house in California that we are buying. So I will lose the specialty plate.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E the insect killer IMG_6915.MOV
Oh man. That was me yesterday. My wife has a black MME premium, and I got around to washing and waxing (ceramic) for the first time. Did not expect to spend THAT much time scrubbing the bugs off. It's my fault though. I should have put the ceramic on right away and the bugs would have come off easier.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Is this different than other cars? The only reason I ask is that my 12yo Ford Fusion with zero PPF never experienced chips like this. I got three chips on my MME within 2,000 miles. Did Ford switch to a softer material at some point?
Your fusion probably had a much smaller percentage of its frontal aspect painted in body color, and much more in either plastic or metal grille material, compared to a Mach E. I'm guessing that's the difference.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
My 2016 Focus RS (built in Germany) had VERY soft paint. To its credit though, a light scratch on the hood (but through the clear coat, into the color coat), from a rock, self-corrected after about a year.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I took a trip to TX and back last week, bugs came off pretty easily with a hose, sponge with a scrubby edge, soapy water, and some elbow grease.
Sponsored