ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
What is on site is also not consistent with the tech specs published in June. Here the difference in cargo space is between SR and ER
Thank you, this was my recollection too and I was thinking did I really misread that when I looked a while ago.

Plainly, both of these can’t be right. My money would be on the space difference being between the standard and extended range since it doesn’t really seem to make much sense how a RWD vehicle loses rear cargo space on the AWD variant.
Sponsored

BlueDvlTxn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Explorer Sport, 2017 Fusion Energi
Country flag
According to Ford's website, the difference in cargo is between RWD and AWD, which while it doesn't make sense that's how they're reporting it. I suppose it would make sense that the difference is that the cover in AWD cars has one position (the higher one), while the RWD has two. Next week when the cars are at dealerships would be a good time to check out the AWD's compared to RWD's (if both are present).

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.15.38 PM.png
This exactly! Thank you! I’m way behind on reading through the forum so apologies if this is answered - i’ve had this same question on my mind. Can someone get pics from the roadshow under the rear floor cover for each AWD, RWD, SR, and ER? Does the cargo floor drop the ~4” on each and/or could that 3ish cubic feet be extra space under the cargo floor (around the foam fix a flat/charge cord holder)? I’m really hoping all variants have the adjustable cargo floor height. I haven’t seen many good pictures under the cargo floor when lifted up. That would chalk it up to extra electronics for the AWD, me thinks, so the RWD might have even more hidden space down below(?)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It has nothing to do with the battery. The Select edition only has the smaller battery, and the cargo volume behind the second row seats is listed as 29 cuft for rear wheel drive and 26 for the all wheel drive. The route 1 only has the large battery, and the cargo volume is listed as 29 cuft. The FE only has the large battery and AWD and is listed as 26 cuft

I don't think they would make that kind of a mistake on 3 completely different models
Probably the AWD versus RWD set up accounts for the difference than the size of the battery

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This exactly! Thank you! I’m way behind on reading through the forum so apologies if this is answered - i’ve had this same question on my mind. Can someone get pics from the roadshow under the rear floor cover for each AWD, RWD, SR, and ER? Does the cargo floor drop the ~4” on each and/or could that 3ish cubic feet be extra space under the cargo floor (around the foam fix a flat/charge cord holder)? I’m really hoping all variants have the adjustable cargo floor height. I haven’t seen many good pictures under the cargo floor when lifted up. That would chalk it up to extra electronics for the AWD, me thinks, so the RWD might have even more hidden space down below(?)
We verified today that the AWD ER Premium has an adjustable load floor.

Not sure yet where the space difference will be found. Didn't measure the height of the adjustment. It's possible one has more height to it than the other.
Sponsored