Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Iconic Silver sighting with Tesla Model Y

Also, a note from the Y's owner:

I was able to park my Model Y next to the Mach E and get a comparison of them both. I did park my Tesla farther back then the Ford so not worth measuring the vehicles. It is a good comparison of the overall design though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs Model Y Side by Side Comparison From Dearborn 5pNhkWY

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs Model Y Side by Side Comparison From Dearborn D6huzFT

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs Model Y Side by Side Comparison From Dearborn Dn7lphF

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs Model Y Side by Side Comparison From Dearborn GSTuSj8

Last edited by a moderator:

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The Model Y trunk door is small since the roof glass goes all the way back. (I don't like a glass roof) The Mach-E trunk door is larger and has a rear window wiper, too. Since most imported crossovers are similar to the Mustang design, that is already a market favored design due to the many imported crossver sold. I often carry large boxes, so I expect to carry some through the back of the Mach-E. I prefer the Mustang Mach-E crossover now over any other electric vehicle.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Maybe it's because of where I live, but I haven't seen many Tesla vehicles, never really considered them.

Now seeing them side by side, I would not say the Y or 3 is visually appealing.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just realized what the Teslas remind me of... The animated cars from the movie cars!
That’s what my wife said, too.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Maybe it's because of where I live, but I haven't seen many Tesla vehicles, never really considered them.

Now seeing them side by side, I would not say the Y or 3 is visually appealing.
When I decided to go ahead and buy an electric vehicle I looked at information for the Model Y, Model 3, and decided I'd pass for the same reasons. Plus I have a friend with a recent model S. While he genuinely likes the car ("Best car I've ever owned.") he also acknowledges that the quality control is lacking. That left me looking at the Kona which isn't available in Hawaii and living near Kona, that's just not right. ;)

Then the MME rolled around. Actually it had unveiled 3 months before I started this search, but it slipped my mind. First car in decades I'm actually excited about getting.

Last edited:

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Wait'll you see the inside of one...the 3 and Y look VERY cheap inside.
I did a back-to-back test drive of a Tesla 3 Performance and a Jag I-Pace...sitting inside of both cars, your struck with the idea that "minimalist" rhymes with "cheap".
Sponsored