Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
Have you looked at the Maintenance Schedule: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/maintenance-schedule.html
What is this?

Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor™
Your vehicle is equipped with an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor that determines when you should change the engine oil based on how your vehicle is used. By using several important factors in its calculations, the monitor helps reduce the cost of owning your vehicle and reduces environmental waste at the same time. Do not exceed one year or 10,000 miles.

And what about this service at 150k?
  • Change the transmission fluid
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You may find the schedule in the owners manual to be more specialized to your vehicle instead of the more generic one. Though really, I think the only issue on the generic one is that the Oil-Life footer shows up for all vehicles instead of just certain ones. The larger motor on the Mach-E does have oil in it, though I guess there's no set schedule for replacing it.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Here you will see confirmation that transmission fluid should be exchanged at 150,000 miles or 10 years. Yes, your Mach-E has a transmission, albeit a relatively simple one.

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
You may find the schedule in the owners manual to be more specialized to your vehicle instead of the more generic one. Though really, I think the only issue on the generic one is that the Oil-Life footer shows up for all vehicles instead of just certain ones. The larger motor on the Mach-E does have oil in it, though I guess there's no set schedule for replacing it.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Here you will see confirmation that transmission fluid should be exchanged at 150,000 miles or 10 years. Yes, your Mach-E has a transmission, albeit a relatively simple one.
So as far as I understand, the first item is just a garbage they posted because somebody designing the web page is incompetent. And the second one is just a gear oil, because the car just has a few gears and no transmission in the usual sense of that word, though they do call it one speed transmission.

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
I am looking for when to change brake fluid. Someone said every 3 yrs. Is it less than that for EV's?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I am looking for when to change brake fluid. Someone said every 3 yrs. Is it less than that for EV's?
The MachE owners manual says brake fluid flush every 3 years.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So as far as I understand, the first item is just a garbage they posted because somebody designing the web page is incompetent. And the second one is just a gear oil, because the car just has a few gears and no transmission in the usual sense of that word, though they do call it one speed transmission.
Yes, it has a “transmission“ not of the normal variety. Since the unit includes input from the vehicle primary motive unit, final drive, and differential components, it’s really a transaxle regardless of the fact that it only has one gear. 😊🐩
Sponsored