121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
I've had issues with android auto since I got the car.

- Switching apps on the phone connected to android auto stops the music.
- Not reconnecting if stepping away from the car and leaving it on.
- Multiple times it has refused to connect requiring not just putting the phone into airplane mode but turning off and on the car.

Now this. It's for sure Android Auto, as the rest of the screen is functioning properly and working seamlessly.

IMG_20210619_191412.jpg

IMG_20210619_191415.jpg

IMG_20210619_191422.jpg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It does seem as though your phone is overwhelmed and/or buggy with Android Auto. I've observed mine stutter a bit on audio when it's overwhelmed, or just downright not work, but not the compression artifacts that you are seeing.

Have you tried restarting the phone?

My phone is barely able to cope with our high summer temperatures, let alone AA which is fairly intensive. (AA loads several apps at once and mpeg encodes display and audio to your vehicle.)

With high temps, it slows down the processor, especially while charging, and can pop up a warning notification that "some features are temporarily disabled due to heat." This can further exacerbate the challenge of using Android Auto. If I do try to use Android Auto in current weather, it will actually power down my phone after awhile due to excessive heat. I'll start using it again in late Fall.

Google Pixel 3a.

Good luck!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
It does seem as though your phone is overwhelmed and/or buggy with Android Auto. I've observed mine stutter a bit on audio when it's overwhelmed, or just downright not work, but not the compression artifacts that you are seeing.

Have you tried restarting the phone?

My phone is barely able to cope with our high summer temperatures, let alone AA which is fairly intensive. (AA loads several apps at once and mpeg encodes display and audio to your vehicle.)

With high temps, it slows down the processor, especially while charging, and can pop up a warning notification that "some features are temporarily disabled due to heat." This can further exacerbate the challenge of using Android Auto. If I do try to use Android Auto in current weather, it will actually power down my phone after awhile due to excessive heat. I'll start using it again in late Fall.

Google Pixel 3a.

Good luck!
Definitely agree with this. An overheated phone will throttle the processor and as a result you'll get studders and glitches and lag.
Try it with a different phone and try using it without charging it (especially if you're using wireless charging, which generates even more heat).
Sponsored