Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Invisible glass wipes are not the same as the glass stripper. Same company, different product. The wipes will not take off the gunk. The stripper is a polish.
1653156185872.png
not the wipes.

It will take some rubbing to get all the gunk off. when water sheets over that area, with no beading, then you know it is clean. Amazon has a video that shows it being used:

1653156584549.png
I don’t find it at local stores so
Placed an order on Amazon. I will
get it on Monday so I will try it out and let you know.

OP
OP
N@n!

N@n!

First Name
Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Invisible glass wipes are not the same as the glass stripper. Same company, different product. The wipes will not take off the gunk. The stripper is a polish.
1653156185872.png
not the wipes.

It will take some rubbing to get all the gunk off. when water sheets over that area, with no beading, then you know it is clean. Amazon has a video that shows it being used:

1653156584549.png
I tried this today but no luck :(

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Did you rub it in thoroughly? When done, run water over it - does the water bead up, or does it sheet? If it beads up, it needs more rubbing. If the water runs off in a continuous sheet, then it should be clean. Is it a reflection, or something on the inside?
I looked at your pictures again, the second one look like what I have seen when rain repellent gets messed up. This took care of that issue for me. Take a look at the video on Amazon, they show how to use it.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I personally use RainX since it repels water but I also heard that its not good for windshield wipers. But couple applications of RainX and it was gone from my car(not mach e unfortunately).
Used Rain-X for many years and the wipers lasts about 2 years in my case.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Sorry to hear this did not work. I have a couple ideas to suggest:

1) As someone else mentioned previously, are you certain is not on the inside and have you tried thorough cleaning the inside? Often times the interior glass gets dirty and it only appears to be on the outside. I know you said earlier that you can't feel anything, but with glass you don't always feel a stain or water spot. I suggest you try thoroughly cleaning the interior glass. To thoroughly clean interior glass, I like to first clean it as much as I can with a good quality glass cleaner. Then I use a Magic Eraser that has been "activated" with some warm water. Then I clean again with more glass cleaner. Then I do a final wipe down with a clean, dry glass-specific microfiber.

2) If you are certain the stain is on the exterior, then a machine polish with a DA polisher, a high quality glass polish, and a machine polishing pad that is specifically designed for glass is your best bet. Machine polishing will be much more effective than a polish that is applied by hand. No matter how hard you rub by hand, you are not going to generate the same amount of heat as you do with a DA polisher.

Here is an example of a helpful video on Youtube on how to polish glass:

OP
OP
N@n!

N@n!

First Name
Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Did you rub it in thoroughly? When done, run water over it - does the water bead up, or does it sheet? If it beads up, it needs more rubbing. If the water runs off in a continuous sheet, then it should be clean. Is it a reflection, or something on the inside?
I looked at your pictures again, the second one look like what I have seen when rain repellent gets messed up. This took care of that issue for me. Take a look at the video on Amazon, they show how to use it.
Its not sheeting. I guess I need to rub it atleast 2-3 min with machine.

OP
OP
N@n!

N@n!

First Name
Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sorry to hear this did not work. I have a couple ideas to suggest:

1) As someone else mentioned previously, are you certain is not on the inside and have you tried thorough cleaning the inside? Often times the interior glass gets dirty and it only appears to be on the outside. I know you said earlier that you can't feel anything, but with glass you don't always feel a stain or water spot. I suggest you try thoroughly cleaning the interior glass. To thoroughly clean interior glass, I like to first clean it as much as I can with a good quality glass cleaner. Then I use a Magic Eraser that has been "activated" with some warm water. Then I clean again with more glass cleaner. Then I do a final wipe down with a clean, dry glass-specific microfiber.

2) If you are certain the stain is on the exterior, then a machine polish with a DA polisher, a high quality glass polish, and a machine polishing pad that is specifically designed for glass is your best bet. Machine polishing will be much more effective than a polish that is applied by hand. No matter how hard you rub by hand, you are not going to generate the same amount of heat as you do with a DA polisher.

Here is an example of a helpful video on Youtube on how to polish glass:

I did it from
Inside as well but no luck.. will have to try with machine. Is it okay If I rub it for 5 min?

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I did it from
Inside as well but no luck.. will have to try with machine. Is it okay If I rub it for 5 min?
Do you mean use the DA machine for 5 minutes? I honestly am not sure. I would watch a couple instructional videos like the one I mentioned before. They should indicate how long of a run time you can get with the polish. You want to make sure that you don't put too much stress on the glass or it could crack.

If you don't want to do the research or don't want to take a chance, you could just take it to a professional detailer. Odds are a professional detailer will know how to polish the glass without damaging it.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I did it from
As my dad would say: Use a little more elbow grease! I did it by hand with the applicator that comes with it. Keep it moist with a spray bottle, and don't be afraid to rub too hard or too long when doing it by hand. You can feel the clean by the way the pad rubs.
Go to youtube and search for "invisible glass glass stripper". There are videos of people using it successfully. It will work if you use it as shown. keep at it until the rinse water sheets.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hello People,

Has anyone come across some weird marks on the windshield?
Pictures attached.

WS1.jpg

WS2.jpg
I have the opposite problem, my clearcoat looks like this and it won't come off. Getting paint correction. Sitting outside for 3+ months at the factory is rough on these cars. I think they must have acid rain or some kind of chemical fallout near the plant that lands on the cars.

Stoner makes great glass products, that's all I use. Buy the Invisible Glass spray can at Walmart. If using the glass polish, set a timer so you actually do it the right amount of time. When you're working hard 30 seconds can seem like 5 minutes.

OP
OP
N@n!

N@n!

First Name
Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
As my dad would say: Use a little more elbow grease! I did it by hand with the applicator that comes with it. Keep it moist with a spray bottle, and don't be afraid to rub too hard or too long when doing it by hand. You can feel the clean by the way the pad rubs.
Go to youtube and search for "invisible glass glass stripper". There are videos of people using it successfully. It will work if you use it as shown. keep at it until the rinse water sheets.
Finally, it’s working with machine rub but taking so much time. I have to do 2-3 times for each stain. Each time needs to rub it for 3 min(not 100% but I can say 90% of stains are going away). Thank you so much!

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Finally, it’s working with machine rub but taking so much time. I have to do 2-3 times for each stain. Each time needs to rub it for 3 min(not 100% but I can say 90% of stains are going away). Thank you so much!
Very good! Keep at it until it is 100% clean before adding new rain repellant. Be sure and follow the instructions when applying that, it looked like the previous coat was not properly done, which resulted in the stains. Been there, done that. I used to use Aquapel, but I used a ceramic coat on the glass on my current MME , same as I used on the paint. I think the aquapel worked a little better, but only lasted a couple of months, before needing to be removed and re-applied. I freshen up the ceramic coat with an SIO2 spray.

OP
OP
N@n!

N@n!

First Name
Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Very good! Keep at it until it is 100% clean before adding new rain repellant. Be sure and follow the instructions when applying that, it looked like the previous coat was not properly done, which resulted in the stains. Been there, done that. I used to use Aquapel, but I used a ceramic coat on the glass on my current MME , same as I used on the paint. I think the aquapel worked a little better, but only lasted a couple of months, before needing to be removed and re-applied. I freshen up the ceramic coat with an SIO2 spray.
Awesome.. Will do that and let you know the final results :)

OP
OP
N@n!

N@n!

First Name
Navin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ford is replacing my windshield. Scheduled next week :D

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Hello People,

Has anyone come across some weird marks on the windshield?
Pictures attached.

WS1.jpg

WS2.jpg
That looks like abrasive scratches from a cover cloth being pulled on and off. The windshield has a special coating for heat protection of the Sync 4.