Scuff marks / curb rash on my wheel

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Welp not even 2500 miles and already did a minor bit of cosmetic damage to my MME :mad:. I'm usually pretty careful parking so not sure how I did it but there's some scuff marks on one of my wheels. Not super noticeable unless you're looking for it and didn't seem the wheel was bent.

I'd prefer to get it fixed professionally since I'm not very handy with stuff like this. Any idea what it would cost? I only noticed it yesterday and don't have time to get estimates for a few more days.

Barring that - any quick DIY products i should try? Or better off leaving it to the pros?
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
someone on FB was selling 2 perfect wheels for $500 total.. That’s a BargaIn. Mach E Nation. Look for a used tire and you will have a spare.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Have it done by professionals. The great guys are mad scientist !!! I once had a $10,000 Bugatti wheel repaired and the client said I must have replace it. Yep !!! LOL
Repairs are generally $100- $150.00.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Are they scuffs, or are they gouged? You may be able to polish out scuffs yourself, but if they're gouged and the appearance bothers you, then take it to a wheel refinisher for really good results. That's my .02. Good luck!
Sponsored