J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
We are on the south shore but Georgia goes in and out of the city daily. 5k miles since mid Sept. and my work garage has free charging all day so I enjoy that perk as well.
I actually was at a light on Mass ave one day, pulled up to a gray select, right next to me and then we sat and chatted till the light turned green! ?
I’ve seen one or two others but not too many! None down near me that I know of. Did see a black one charging in my garage one day.
I anticipate there will be more in the coming years. It is funny about some perceptions of the technology. I keep using the cellphone charging example to explain to friends. Use EV all day, charge at night. Home charging helps the process. I have yet to charge at a public charging station.
Sponsored

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
I just went through submitting for my Mass MOR-EV Rebate I bought a Select with the Tech Package and it it is the Star white so it put the Sticker Price just over the $50k. I contacted them before I submitted and they confirmed that they will allow the Delivery to be taken off and also as "Rebates will be considered" so I was covered between the Delivery and the $2500 Options rebate.

Because there is no where in the online application process to upload additional information I got a notification that they wanted more documents / information so I e-mailed them the window sticker and they also confirmed that the rebates didn't show up on my original scan of my purchase and sales agreement so I had to resubmit it.

My application was approved about 5 days after submitting it. Now I wait... They said it can take upwards of 90 Days before the funds are released.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just went through submitting for my Mass MOR-EV Rebate I bought a Select with the Tech Package and it it is the Star white so it put the Sticker Price just over the $50k. I contacted them before I submitted and they confirmed that they will allow the Delivery to be taken off and also as "Rebates will be considered" so I was covered between the Delivery and the $2500 Options rebate.

Because there is no where in the online application process to upload additional information I got a notification that they wanted more documents / information so I e-mailed them the window sticker and they also confirmed that the rebates didn't show up on my original scan of my purchase and sales agreement so I had to resubmit it.

My application was approved about 5 days after submitting it. Now I wait... They said it can take upwards of 90 Days before the funds are released.
My check took a while to come, but if you got the confirmation of acceptance you are in good shape. MOR-EV people said they have plenty of $ in the program, so i imagine some wiggle room will be allowed to get the rebate. For others, best to give them a call. They are responsive and informative.

JmanMachE

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ext. range
Country flag
I wrote to them requesting an increase to the ceiling with no response. It seems especially prudent with the cost of cars going way up recently. We’re talking about “only“ a $2500 incentive to go EV and missing out because the car is Slightly too expensive…the logic here befuddles. Like a cheaper EV is better for the environment? Or I should have bought an Ioniq or a Bolt? This is not a luxury car, if that’s the goal set it at 75k or so.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I wrote to them requesting an increase to the ceiling with no response. It seems especially prudent with the cost of cars going way up recently. We’re talking about “only“ a $2500 incentive to go EV and missing out because the car is Slightly too expensive…the logic here befuddles. Like a cheaper EV is better for the environment? Or I should have bought an Ioniq or a Bolt? This is not a luxury car, if that’s the goal set it at 75k or so.
I don’t think the agency fulfilling the rebates has any control over the price ceiling. They are just following the rules. It would have to be State legislature or something to pass a new policy that supersedes the current one. I’m guessing that will be unlikely because EVs are seeing demand right now that exceeds supply. The incentive isn’t that necessary, but of course free money is a nice reason to jump into an EV.

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
I’m slightly hijacking this thread because I have a question for my fellow MA people, and this is where to find them. Has anyone had experience using the chargers at the rest stops on the Pike?

I just did my first trip from my home in Weston to my summer place in Lenox. My AWD ER Premium showed only 199 mile range when I started out on the 115 mile trip at 100%, presumably because the temperature was in the low 20s. I have a 50 amp outlet for the EVSE in the summer place, but was hoping to have enough capacity for a round trip without charging.

If the DC chargers at the rest stops work well for us, I would only need 15 minutes or so to have enough electrons to make it home. Any experiences?

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m slightly hijacking this thread because I have a question for my fellow MA people, and this is where to find them. Has anyone had experience using the chargers at the rest stops on the Pike?

I just did my first trip from my home in Weston to my summer place in Lenox. My AWD ER Premium showed only 199 mile range when I started out on the 115 mile trip at 100%, presumably because the temperature was in the low 20s. I have a 50 amp outlet for the EVSE in the summer place, but was hoping to have enough capacity for a round trip without charging.

If the DC chargers at the rest stops work well for us, I would only need 15 minutes or so to have enough electrons to make it home. Any experiences?

I haven't tried the ones on the Pike yet but I have used the Electrify America in Auburn and that is a good place to stop I believe there are also EV Go Chargers in the same Mall somewhere close but i've never used them.

Looking at PlugShare it seems like the EV Go's at the Framingham Rest Stop have pretty good ratings. Looks like the one on the Natick Side is currently down...

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I haven't tried the ones on the Pike yet but I have used the Electrify America in Auburn and that is a good place to stop I believe there are also EV Go Chargers in the same Mall somewhere close but i've never used them.

Looking at PlugShare it seems like the EV Go's at the Framingham Rest Stop have pretty good ratings. Looks like the one on the Natick Side is currently down...
I haven’t used the ones on the Mass Pike, but it’s great they added chargers at the service plazas.

It looks like each plaza has only 2x 50kW chargers? I’d be worried that pretty much any normal time of day, there’s a chance you arrive to find both chargers being used. And since they are only 50kW, the cars already there won’t be leaving anytime soon.

JmanMachE

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ext. range
Country flag
Haven’t used a fast charger yet, but checked them out recently when stopped at a rest area on 95 in CT. There were 2 EVGo’s and both were out of order! The unfortunate state of affairs today is that Tesla owners enjoy a huge advantage at these locations. Walmart seem to be a better bet but not always that close to the highway. If Tesla can provide an adapter to the actual standard plug that would be very helpful. I’m hoping infrastructure $ can provide an incentive to do so.

calasdair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Rt1
Country flag

Having trouble getting them to accept the $2500 options rebate. Is there any information that you had to share to get them to deduct that amount? $2500 is shown on the purchase and sales under a rebate line. Obviously it is not shown on the window sticker.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Having trouble getting them to accept the $2500 options rebate. Is there any information that you had to share to get them to deduct that amount? $2500 is shown on the purchase and sales under a rebate line. Obviously it is not shown on the window sticker.
What model do you have? I was able to show them my Window Sticker, they would remove the Shipping / Destination Charge and I was also able top provide them the complete detailed Purchase Agreement which showed I got the $2500 instant options Rebate and it got approved for my Select AWD / Tech / Comfort.

calasdair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Rt1
Country flag
What model do you have? I was able to show them my Window Sticker, they would remove the Shipping / Destination Charge and I was also able top provide them the complete detailed Purchase Agreement which showed I got the $2500 instant options Rebate and it got approved for my Select AWD / Tech / Comfort.
I got the Ca Rt1 (RWD). Final price after Rebate, D&D, and Floor mats came to $48,275. Unfortunately they aren't accepting the rebate, so that puts the total to $50,030 (weirdly accepting the x-plan discount). Application was denied for being over limit.

Plan on calling and trying to talk to someone hopefully tomorrow.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the Ca Rt1 (RWD). Final price after Rebate, D&D, and Floor mats came to $48,275. Unfortunately they aren't accepting the rebate, so that puts the total to $50,030 (weirdly accepting the x-plan discount). Application was denied for being over limit.

Plan on calling and trying to talk to someone hopefully tomorrow.
Interesting, my Select had a Sticker of $50,495 and was rejected until I provided them the Purchase Agreement then it was accepted. I would have thought that for me just removing the destination charge would have done it. It was $49,395 before destination but they made me jump through a few more hoops.

I even had the "Free" Home Charger in my deal that was a charge and instant rebate. Not sure what the sticker is on yours but if you can show under $50k somehow you should be good. There aren't many people working there, I was dealing with Carmine I believe.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, my Select had a Sticker of $50,495 and was rejected until I provided them the Purchase Agreement then it was accepted. I would have thought that for me just removing the destination charge would have done it. It was $49,395 before destination but they made me jump through a few more hoops.

I even had the "Free" Home Charger in my deal that was a charge and instant rebate. Not sure what the sticker is on yours but if you can show under $50k somehow you should be good. There aren't many people working there, I was dealing with Carmine I believe.
Ya, I needed to supply my P&S to MOR-EV to get the rebate. All done by email.
Dealer add ons count, other charges do not. When I spoke with the rep at MOR-EV they said many dealers were writing up $49,999 to satisfy the requirement. Unfortunately, most do not understand the financial incentives and technology of EV's. From the MOR-EV site:

• The purchase price cap of $50,000 refers to the final purchase price of the vehicle, which is set by the manufacturer, and is intended to encompass the value of the vehicle itself, in full. The purchase pricee includs the costs associated with the trim level of the vehicle with all color options, wheel upgrades, drive train or battery upgrades, and other packages, such as entertainment system upgrades and tow hitches. Costs not included in the purchase price are destination or delivery charges, sales and use taxes, additional maintenance or repair packages purchased from the dealership or showroom, documentation fees, registration fees, or add-ons which relate to the maintenance or operation of the vehicle, such as electric vehicle charging packages, floor mats, first aid kits, cargo nets, etc.