BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
I will be curious to see whenever mine shows up in Ayer (should be any day now). Not sure how the United System works but a Mach-E showed up 3 days ago in their System and was delivered today according to the receipt. Do they sit "Inactive" before they go on a truck? They usually say "Pending Pickup" Currently there aren't any in Ayer for my dealer to maybe they managed to fill up a truck?
Sponsored

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I will be curious to see whenever mine shows up in Ayer (should be any day now). Not sure how the United System works but a Mach-E showed up 3 days ago in their System and was delivered today according to the receipt. Do they sit "Inactive" before they go on a truck? They usually say "Pending Pickup" Currently there aren't any in Ayer for my dealer to maybe they managed to fill up a truck?
From what Iā€™ve been able to deduce, they are inactive until they arrive, are offloaded to the ramp, and even then, sometimes thereā€™s a delay until they finally hit ā€˜pending pickup.ā€™

While cars that hit ā€˜pending pickupā€™ in the rail yard in East Brookfield, MA seldom sit for more than 24 hours before being trucked, Iā€™ve seen vehicles remain in that state at the rail yard in Ayer, MA for up to 5 days before finally getting picked up. The pace is definitely slower in Ayer!

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine just went to Pending Pickup in Ayer along with someone else's going to my dealer. There was no other update on mine until today so it seemed to go from Inactive to Pending Pickup at the same time and it is odd since I checked this AM and there was no change so I am not sure when the / their system gets updates.

Now there aren't any updates until it actually gets delivered. I wonder how long that will take. The last batch I saw in Ayer seemed to get delivered pretty quick.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Mine just went to Pending Pickup in Ayer along with someone else's going to my dealer. There was no other update on mine until today so it seemed to go from Inactive to Pending Pickup at the same time and it is odd since I checked this AM and there was no change so I am not sure when the / their system gets updates.

Now there aren't any updates until it actually gets delivered. I wonder how long that will take. The last batch I saw in Ayer seemed to get delivered pretty quick.
From what I've tracked, it's not uncommon to see vehicles sit in Ayer pending pickup for 2-3 days, while those in East Brookfield, MA typically get picked up in about 24 hours.

Could it be due to the vehicles that are coming out of East Brookfield are American-made, and thus they're getting preferential treatment from the truckers? Seems plausible.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From what I've tracked, it's not uncommon to see vehicles sit in Ayer pending pickup for 2-3 days, while those in East Brookfield, MA typically get picked up in about 24 hours.

Could it be due to the vehicles that are coming out of East Brookfield are American-made, and thus they're getting preferential treatment from the truckers? Seems plausible.

Well this is the crazy thing, in my Ford account my delivery date was 1-16 to 1/22 the Ford Order Site showed the 1/22... About a week ago they reduced it on both sites by a day so now its 1/21 which it seems is actually possible. It should be close.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Well this is the crazy thing, in my Ford account my delivery date was 1-16 to 1/22 the Ford Order Site showed the 1/22... About a week ago they reduced it on both sites by a day so now its 1/21 which it seems is actually possible. It should be close.
I had the same thing happen on my delivery dates, but yesterday I got punted out a month

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
With mine, there's a complete disconnect with Ford:

- Saturday I purchased the car, which is at my dealer.
- My insurance agent just stamped the registration & faxed it to the dealer
- They've installed the new 12V and Sto n Sho, and I'm picking it up today.

But according to Ford:
- Shipping is in progress, with estimated delivery 1/11-1/17
- My VIN is 'invalid' via tracking with the shop.ford.com link

I asked my sales rep what was the turning point that finally got my car moving, and he said, "Once you requested that we inquire with our Ford Regional Rep, then things got moving, and the car just showed up in a few days."

Note that the day after I made that request, the status of my car with United Road changed from 'on hold' to 'cancelled.' While seeing that nearly made me apoplectic, I wondered if it meant that it was going to be transported by a different carrier. Turns out that that was exactly what happened.

As we all know, it's this 'in the dark' lack of communication that drives us all crazy. My dealer knew so little, that he was like a kid in a candy store when I helped him set up his own account with United Road so he could track vehicles.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag

I took a drive past the railyard in Ayer last night and it was very full compared to Dec 11. Guessing ~75%. Mostly Jeeps. No Fords visible from the road.

I would be fascinated to see the incentives/penalties in the respective delivery/transportation contracts.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I took a drive past the railyard in Ayer last night and it was very full compared to Dec 11. Guessing ~75%. Mostly Jeeps. No Fords visible from the road.

I would be fascinated to see the incentives/penalties in the respective delivery/transportation contracts.
When I drove by it over a month ago, there were MMEs parked near the fence where Willow RD turns, I think I saw 3-4 of them.

Perhaps a call to your dealer requesting they contact the Regional Ford rep will get it moving. It worked for mine!

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I drove by it over a month ago, there were MMEs parked near the fence where Willow RD turns, I think I saw 3-4 of them.

Perhaps a call to your dealer requesting they contact the Regional Ford rep will get it moving. It worked for mine!
I saw them there and a couple in the expansion lot as well last month. This month the lot closest to the siding is completely full (mostly Jeeps) and the expansion lot is getting there.

What I was really trying to do was to see if I could remotely turn the car on. I was 'playing' with Homebridge and added the FordPass plug in. Despite not having fully activated FordPass in the actual car, it returned the lock/unlock, on/off and "fuel level". To get that I had to have a FordPass account, with the VIN loaded. If that is real current capability, that is a huge security hole.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I saw them there and a couple in the expansion lot as well last month. This month the lot closest to the siding is completely full (mostly Jeeps) and the expansion lot is getting there.

What I was really trying to do was to see if I could remotely turn the car on. I was 'playing' with Homebridge and added the FordPass plug in. Despite not having fully activated FordPass in the actual car, it returned the lock/unlock, on/off and "fuel level". To get that I had to have a FordPass account, with the VIN loaded. If that is real current capability, that is a huge security hole.
Yikes, I wouldn't expect that, since the activation requires accepting in the car!

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

UPDATE: While Homebridge does return that functionality the logs show this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mexico to MA 1642604440707

So appears to be a function of the plugin not the API and the API is functioning as intended.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well according to United Road my Premium was delivered to my dealer this morning. Of course it is Sunday and my dealer is closed but you bet I will be taking a drive by and checking. Here is my timeline. Keep in mind that I "Reserved" mine online weeks before and had no clue at the time the dealer had to actually place the order. This is only from when the Dealer Placed the Order for me.

Dealer Placed Ordered on July 10th (Order Tracker Shows 7/12/21)
Last Build Date / Week of 11/29/21
Built on 12/4/21
Shipped from Mexico 12/4 or 12/5/21
Arrived in KC on 12/19/21
Arrived in Ayer on 1/18/22
*Delivered to dealer on 1/23/22

Total Time from Dealer Order to Sitting on Lot:
197 Days which is 6 Months / 13 Days or 28 Weeks & 1 Day.
Originally quoted 24+ weeks when reserved on Ford.com

*According to United Road... Dealer is Closed / My account does not show it delivered as of it.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well according to United Road my Premium was delivered to my dealer this morning. Of course it is Sunday and my dealer is closed but you bet I will be taking a drive by and checking. Here is my timeline. Keep in mind that I "Reserved" mine online weeks before and had no clue at the time the dealer had to actually place the order. This is only from when the Dealer Placed the Order for me.

Dealer Placed Ordered on July 10th (Order Tracker Shows 7/12/21)
Last Build Date / Week of 11/29/21
Built on 12/4/21
Shipped from Mexico 12/4 or 12/5/21
Arrived in KC on 12/19/21
Arrived in Ayer on 1/18/22
*Delivered to dealer on 1/23/22

Total Time from Dealer Order to Sitting on Lot:
197 Days which is 6 Months / 13 Days or 28 Weeks & 1 Day.
Originally quoted 24+ weeks when reserved on Ford.com

*According to United Road... Dealer is Closed / My account does not show it delivered as of it.
I hope itā€™s there! Mine sat in Ayer for 6+ weeks due to the seat belt recall.
Sponsored