Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E & 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Super
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
SuperCruise coverage map is about twice as extensive as BlueCruise. Other than that I think the two systems are about teh same.
Super Crusie has approximately 400,000 miles of mapped highways. Blue Cruise has approximately 100,000 miles of mapped highways. Super Cruise also works on undivided and 2 lane mapped highways. Blue Cruise only works on divided mapped highways.
Sponsored

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Super Crusie has approximately 400,000 miles of mapped highways. Blue Cruise has approximately 100,000 miles of mapped highways. Super Cruise also works on undivided and 2 lane mapped highways. Blue Cruise only works on divided mapped highways.
It wouldn't be smart to trust autopilot on 2 lane highways anyway

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Out of Spec review of the Lyriq.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Out of Spec review of the Lyriq.

I know this is an old thread, but just had the opportunity to ride in the Lyriq yesterday. My wife was looking at the Cadillac XT5 for her next car and I said, "honey we're here why don't you just drive the Lyriq". You have to understand; she proclaims to detest electric cars and just flat out says, "I don't want one". So, that she even agreed to drive it was surprising.

Wow, what a 10 min test drive has done!!! I stayed very quiet after the test drive and we went to dinner. At dinner I asked her so of all the cars we drove today what were your favorites (Acadia-denali, Enclave, Highlander, Xt5 & Lyriq). Her response: "the Cadillac". I let it go for a few minutes and then asked, "which Cadillac" and to my SHOCK she said, " I'm still trying to figure that out". I tried to hide my astonishment, but felt a little "victory" had been achieved yesterday.

Ok, now the point of my posting. The Cadillac is a really nice car. The biggest difference to my was the ride quality. Now I did not drive as she was doing the car shopping; but the suspension is tuned much more like a Cadillac. I'm unsure if Ford went with the stiffer suspension as it is a "muscle car" LOL or if GM did a much better job on the suspension. Anyway, I was very impressed with the limited time in the Lyriq. I'm unsure what she will ultimately do, but I did catch her googling the lyriq in bed last night while watching the Atlanta United soccer.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
...I'm unsure what she will ultimately do, but I did catch her googling the lyriq in bed last night while watching the Atlanta United soccer.
Many of us knew, by specs of the suspension alone, well before anyone could get a test drive that the Lyriq would have a better suspension. The only model MME that would be able to compare to Lyriq would be the MME GT performance edition with active suspension, or the ride quality would be not be near the same class... and that makes the price of the Lyriq rather good compared to the MME if ride quality is a significant factor as only the most expensive model MME is the only one worth comparing it to...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
This big take away from this video? Public charging sucks.
Every EV test drive video should have those three words boldly emblazoned on them right at the beginning and right at the end. And flash them on the screen every 5 or so minutes. Maybe the charging companies would get them essage if every Youtuber and his or her cousin made those proclamations all of the time... While doing their curling iron unwrapping videos. 🤪🐩

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ok, now the point of my posting. The Cadillac is a really nice car. The biggest difference to my was the ride quality. Now I did not drive as she was doing the car shopping; but the suspension is tuned much more like a Cadillac. I'm unsure if Ford went with the stiffer suspension as it is a "muscle car" LOL or if GM did a much better job on the suspension. Anyway, I was very impressed with the limited time in the Lyriq. I'm unsure what she will ultimately do, but I did catch her googling the lyriq in bed last night while watching the Atlanta United soccer.
The Lyriq is closer to non-air suspension EVs like the Ioniq 5, GV60, GV70, etc.

You want even better ride quality - go find an air-suspension iX M60 or e-tron. I recently test drove the non-air iX and it was like the Lyriq (meh). The M60 with air is so incredibly smooth.

Also try a Ford Lightning. That ride quality is amazing.

Skip the Model X and Rivians. They have air but the ride quality is still poor.

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
The Lyriq, were the software not at the beta level, and likely unavailable at the level I want, is otherwise (LOL) a superior vehicle, better than the MME in some significant ways. That is moving my strategy to switching now to a used MME as soon as conde EV charging goes in. Then waiting until the Lyriq is available and working, After that I could make my decision for a new car.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
I've been seeing more Lyriqs around my neighborhood recently and they look sharp, especially at night with their illuminated grilles.

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
There have not been any used MMEs at discount pricing - which would have made it easy to sell and decide later between MME, CT, or Lyriq, so re-strategized. Got a new MME which means likely no Lyriq in my future. I will miss it! But suspect that Rapid Red will assuage the loss.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Saw my first Lyriq. The color is similar to space white in that certain light condition known of SW.

Looks good I think. I gave the guy who was inside a thumbs up. Oh and this is the newly expanded upgraded EVGo I was at and is my primary 2-3x month

PXL_20231226_203240758.jpg

PXL_20231226_202959578.jpg

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
I test drove one a couple of months ago. Very nice. I understand they are dropping Apple CarPlay. They are having some big software problems. Waiting for 600 mile range for my next EV.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
My pops thinks that way. EVs I never looked at or got mine for the range. I wanted RWD so I can peel out like used to with my 73' lol. I charge at home mostly but on long drives I can get the most range out of any Extended Range EVs out there that can go 3-6-900 mi on a single charge, whatever, I just got to stop a few times. The same amount of times I would probably rest, eat, stretch and when nature calls.

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Definitely do not care for the interior as compared to the MME, especially the display screen.
Sponsored