Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The thing about car design is that you want bland, because it appeals to the greatest number of people while not off putting to the rest. That's why Toyota Camry and corollas sell so well. Its precisely because they are bland.
30-odd years ago, somebody at Motor Trend coined the term “Toyonda Camcord” to (somewhat derisively) describe a bland, generic car. Of course, the models it was derived from were 2 of the best sellers at the time!

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Out of Spec's initial look:

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
30-odd years ago, somebody at Motor Trend coined the term “Toyonda Camcord” to (somewhat derisively) describe a bland, generic car. Of course, the models it was derived from were 2 of the best sellers at the time!
And yet, they have actually given the Camry (and even the Prius) some style now!

Bland sells, but it could sell better if they add a sporty better looking upgraded model.

The base Mustang was always the plainest and highest selling, but it helps to have a GT.

And I believe the base sells more because of the price, NOT that people prefer the plainer looks. Sure, some do, but doesn’t seem to be the majority.

Dear Car Manufacturers,

You can make a car good looking and inexpensive.

Sincerly,

Mach1E

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
IMO, rear looks better, front looks worse.

Getting rid of stalks? I don't like that.

duncanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt EV, 2016 LR4, 2001 Wrangler
Country flag
They will be in about a month. They're offering deep discount on cars they have in inventory.
Which is making it very hard for me to understand the price difference between the M3/Y to the Mach-e. I want to get a Mach-e because I prefer they styling but for a premium with larger battery, the difference in price is too great to justify. A new Model Y long range all wheel drive for 51,220 is a lot lower than any Ford dealer (around me) would accept for a premium extended range MME.
Sponsored