dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
The tall person was leaning forward, not with their head on the headrest, which was looking like it touches the glass. Hit one bump and the head impacts the glass.
Yup agreed. Considering I thought that it'd be more for children though in the 3rd row, I'm just impressed a 6' adult could even squeeze in there! ?

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
The standard power tilt/telescope steering column on the Y is nice as is the more adjustable 12 way power seats.

The 250kW peak charging, slower taper, and greater efficiency is also an advantage, especially on road trips. The newly added adaptive headlights on the Y seem to perform well.
So, I don't know about the MY, but the standard range plus model 3 has a peak charging speed of only 170kW. And I believe that's only on the V3 Superchargers. On the older chargers it peaks at 120kW.

Like I said, not sure about the MY, but I wouldn't necessarily think the SR MY would get 250kW.

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
InsideEVs : Watch This: Tesla Model Y Third Row Shown With Actual People Inside.
https://insideevs.com/features/466626/tesla-model-y-third-row-with-people/amp/

Good video showing the seating space with people in it. Surprisingly better than I expected...
Yes, it does look like more room than expected. Certainly good enough for kids. The third row on the Y helps explain the proportions of the vehicle. Overall it looks like pretty smart packaging on the part of the engineers.

Having the option of a third row does help support the SUV designation for the Y, along with it’s towing capability and higher ground clearance.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup I’m out. Ordering a Model Y. I would rather have de tow rating for the same price.
Are you ordering the LR or the SR because has on the MME the LR AWD does not get the incentives like the MME and the SR does not have AWD like the MME but can get the incentive.

bobbobton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Are you ordering the LR or the SR because has on the MME the LR AWD does not get the incentives like the MME and the SR does not have AWD like the MME but can get the incentive.
Yeah just the SR. Seems like good value and I’ll just put good winter tires on it. The financing on 8 years with 3% interest makes it cheaper per month than my current Audi which I like!

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah just the SR. Seems like good value and I’ll just put good winter tires on it. The financing on 8 years with 3% interest makes it cheaper per month than my current Audi which I like!
And why not then the Premium MME SR, a much better quality vehicule and see and wait what Ford will offer to get out of this mess.

bobbobton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
And why not then the Premium MME SR, a much better quality vehicule and see and wait what Ford will offer to get out of this mess.
Yeah the problem is that will be my only car and realized without tow rating I’m kinda screwed if I want to haul my 3 bikes around.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
legit looks to me like about the same as a 2-door Mustang back seat.
The 5 seat Model Y has a huge amount of second row legroom. The flat floor and adjustable reclining seat backs makes it a spacious and comfortable area.

It's not much of a comfort compromise for a 7 seat version to allow sliding the second row seat base much further forward. Tesla apparently decided to allow it to slide back to almost zero third row legroom. That makes sense, although it is easy to foresee kids arguing about the position.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
yep Seen one in Louisville. He said pretty much 5'3 and under for the back. for small kids really.
It's the height of the headrest that would limit the passenger height, aside from the glass. There's no protection if the passenger is taller than the headrest, but I don't know if anyone checked that out.