Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
I have Ford Pass setup on both my and wife's phone. No issues until yesterday morning when both phones stopped communication with the Mach-E GT. Spoke to a Ford Guide who has also upped the situations to a higher level. The Ford guide said they can see where the car has received a request from me via app but the modem has responded with a "Null". Have any of you seen this issue before? Is it modem hardware failure or software failure? Ford asked me to wait a couple of days and then will call me back, but I am just curious about this. Also I did have secure alerts activated and it was going crazy due to my settings. Wonder if I overloaded the modem? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Duke

Update 12/08/22: Ford called and said take to dealer. Today at dealer, not only is TCU not communicating, but they see issues with rear brake assist and the camera. Service advisor said they have called hotline for assistance. They think it requires a software update. Who knows at this point.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Falcon53

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have Ford Pass setup on both my and wife's phone. No issues until yesterday morning when both phones stopped communication with the Mach-E GT. Spoke to a Ford Guide who has also upped the situations to a higher level. The Ford guide said they can see where the car has received a request from me via app but the modem has responded with a "Null". Have any of you seen this issue before? Is it modem hardware failure or software failure? Ford asked me to wait a couple of days and then will call me back, but I am just curious about this. Also I did have secure alerts activated and it was going crazy due to my settings. Wonder if I overloaded the modem? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Duke

Update 12/08/22: Ford called and said take to dealer. Today at dealer, not only is TCU not communicating, but they see issues with rear brake assist and the camera. Service advisor said they have called hotline for assistance. They think it requires a software update. Who knows at this point.
Well to make a long story short and a couple of visits to dealer. Who has been outstanding. Ford says replace TCU.. Did work one time then stopped again. Looks like its somewhere in trunk. Part came in 3 days. Still no connection to Ford app. After the being transferred to third ford agent the modem is registered but unprovisioned. Agent said go back to dealer and have them reprovision it. Asked how they do it, he said they connect to shop computer and supposedly viola. will report back for those of you onterested.

Bottom line. No point in getting upset about these cars. They pushed the cars out, doubled their stock price, and its obvious the dealers staff need more high tech training. The cars have multiple networks, multiple cpus, etc. Other than this issue this car has been great.

McHeel88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Healthcare Finance
Country flag
@Falcon53 Any resolution on your modem issue here? I have had the same thing since Feb. 9 when our FordPass app shows its last connection. Ford says they do not show the modem connecting to the network, so I took to a dealer for analysis and I mentioned a service maintenance message which they reviewed. A Master Reset did nothing, and they are telling me an OTA coming in July is set to fix this TCU modem issue. How can I get an OTA if I have no connectivity? I’m also worried this may be a rodent issue, but the tech did not mention seeing anything under the hood (not sure he looked). In the meantime, I have not FordPass connectivity, no PAAK, and no way to control my charging limits or monitor charging with FordPass app.

OP
OP
Falcon53

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@Falcon53 Any resolution on your modem issue here? I have had the same thing since Feb. 9 when our FordPass app shows its last connection. Ford says they do not show the modem connecting to the network, so I took to a dealer for analysis and I mentioned a service maintenance message which they reviewed. A Master Reset did nothing, and they are telling me an OTA coming in July is set to fix this TCU modem issue. How can I get an OTA if I have no connectivity? I’m also worried this may be a rodent issue, but the tech did not mention seeing anything under the hood (not sure he looked). In the meantime, I have not FordPass connectivity, no PAAK, and no way to control my charging limits or monitor charging with FordPass app.
I had pretty much the same thing. Ford toldme the exact same thing. They had to replace the TCU. Took them a couple of days
Hi Cody, I went through darn near the exact same thing. Got a Ford customer rep on their hotline and said the same thing. Can't reach the modem. After a few days I called back and they elevated me to a senior tech. Took all of ten seconds, said replace the TCU unit. Take it to the dealer. Took to the dealer and they scheduled me out five weeks for service. So I made the appt and called another dealer. They took me in in 2 days. The tech looked at it and immediately ordered a TCU came in. 2 days later back to the shop. This is where it got sticky. Some dealers have new computers that can not load all the software for the car. Eventually they figured it (about 3 days of speaking to Ford)that they had to use old laptop with the FDRS software. They loaded it up and did a master reset too and everything has been fine since then. The only thing is they missed the blue cruise update (which I dont have on my GT) and the little orange snowflake no longer comes on when it goes below 39 degrees. Which is fine with me as I find it annoying anyway. That update missed is for the IPC (instrument panel cluster). So bottom line it sounds like same issue I had and you need a new TCU. Hope this helps. If need be DM and we can talk on the phone and you can talk my dealer. These guys were stellar to deal with. Its all first name basis with me. Best of luck. Duke
Sponsored