MORE FordPass problems!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I think part of the problem is that FP wasn’t designed specifically for the MME. It’s an exiting app for multiple vehicles that they’re trying to modify to accommodate the MME’s extra EV features. I think this why some of the tabs and the way info is organized can be a bit confusing. Like how they’ve got separate tabs for “your vehicle” and “manage EV” without any rhyme or reason as to how info and functionality was divided among those tabs. Not only is the organization a mess, there are the bugs bugs bugs. It is pretty embarrassing how bad it is, tho.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PCPilot

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
Actually if software is more than 50% of the car, that’s the exact reason they should NOT outsource this.

(And it’s also why we should stop saying Ford is not a software company. It undoubtably is, just not the way you all may have previously thought!)
Outsourcing is a common practice and should be considered, but only if they don't have the staffing, resources and expertise to provide a quality, functional app as advertised. It's pretty obvious that Ford doesn’t, and is in over their head with FordPass. I work for a large global company that outsources around 70% of it's software development, with our in-house developers mainly adding our proprietary frameworks and libraries to existing code packages.