mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
My alarm went off for the first time today because my PaaK failed and the car locked me in. When I was trying to get PaaK to work, the alarm went off. I know this is not a PaaK complaint thread, but because my alarm went off, I thought I would share. It was fun sitting in the garage with the beeping and flashing and no way to get it to stop. Finally when I turned off Bluetooth on my phone, turned it back on, the car saw the PaaK and I could stop the alarm. For Christmas, I want PaaK that works.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The service center updates my car every time I bring it in, over half a dozen times, and as recently as two days ago.
I would confirm they have updated all your modules, just to see if maybe an update has been made that helps. Anyone with FDRS can enter your VIN and see if there are any modules that are not updated. If you already know this, I apologize for telling you something you already know. Not sure if you are familiar with the FDRS threads that are out there...

I would not trust the dealer to do all the updates. Maybe you have a dealer that knows what they are doing.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I would confirm they have updated all your modules, just to see if maybe an update has been made that helps. Anyone with FDRS can enter your VIN and see if there are any modules that are not updated. If you already know this, I apologize for telling you something you already know. Not sure if you are familiar with the FDRS threads that are out there...

I would not trust the dealer to do all the updates. Maybe you have a dealer that knows what they are doing.
Aren't they updated OTA? What's the point of OTA updates if you have to take the car in?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Aren't they updated OTA? What's the point of OTA updates if you have to take the car in?
In theory the OTA will update some or all of the modules that need to be updated, but the OTA has issues (lots of threads in this forum about that) and even after an OTA there are probably modules that still need to be updated.

Some of the module updates take over an hour and require the LVB to be connected to a high current 12V power source. Some require the car power to be cycled during the process. Because of those procedures, the OTA process might not be able to update some modules. The dealer might not even know how to do it properly, since some dealers are still learning about the MME.

Search FDRS in this forum. You can read all about it!

From what I have read, most of what the OTA updates have done so far is update the SYNC system. And Ford is still working through problems with OTA updates, so they have not been happening consistently.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This is highly unlikely to be a module issue. It is almost certainly a SYNC bug.

I’m pretty sure I’m up to date on on any update I can get from Ford. If this was Covid I’d be on my 8th or 9th booster.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
This is a known bug. I have the same problem since I received the car in April. I am befuddled as to why they cannot fix this!

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
This is a known bug. I have the same problem since I received the car in April. I am befuddled as to why they cannot fix this!
Agreed. I can't even leave my dog in the car for 5 minutes during a road trip to go use the restroom. It's ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed yet.

@Ford Motor Company

waterstm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E PE SR AWD
Country flag
For what it’s worth, I have been trying the following for the last month and I have not had the sensor go off from having my dog in the car:

After turning off the car, I wait about 10-20 seconds before opening the door after confirming to turn off the motion sensor.

In the past month, my dog has not set off the motion alarm. Before, she would constantly set it off.

I will admit that this is not scientifically tested and may be completely coincidental. So, your mileage may vary.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
It's 50/50.
I do wonder if it is related to user profiles.
I wonder which user profile settings are activated when you leave the car.
I randomly get 12h/24h clock as well, which I bet is related.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
It's 50/50.
I do wonder if it is related to user profiles.
I wonder which user profile settings are activated when you leave the car.
I randomly get 12h/24h clock as well, which I bet is related.
I've noticed that you can go in the settings and turn it off then pull up the settings a few seconds later and it's back on again. Profile buttons might also affect it.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Gathering courage to remove profiles and see if that helps.

ERIC8585

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select Rapid Red
Country flag
I took my car in today for this and my issue with the rear doors not unlocking with the outer buttons before the front doors.

The door issues were fixed with a software update but they were still not able to figure out the issue with the motion sensors not disabling. I have to take it back on Monday.