Mustang Mach E has major powertrain issues. Dealership/service offering no help. Things to consider before buying this car

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Problem is like any other job also> people come and go. Train them some stay some move on and its a wash and repeat effect.

When my nephew's back window driver side started leaking water in his tesla model 3. He sit up an appt. No tesla dealer in Kentucky and he couldn't make the 2 hours plus trip to indi or cinnci. So it was a 3 week wait for tesla to have enough calls in the area to send out a tech.

When he got there looked at it said it all needed to be replaced seal and window and trim work. The problem is he never done it or knew how. As he said this was only his first-month doing repairs. So it was wait another 2 weeks or take it to cinnci. Yep, it went to cinni and tesla fixed it that day.

The point is anywhere you go the maytag repairman is not always going to be the same at each place. If we want that I guess we better hope for robots on the job in the future.
Sponsored

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One other thing to point out. A BEV vehicle has fewer parts than a Ice. Make sure we are comparing BEV problems to BEV.

All manufacturers have models that turn out great or have problems. Not a single one hasn't. Same with dealers all have bad and good. Not all Walmart, Krogers, targets, McDonald's are the same.

But when a BEV starts having more problems than an ice, well yeah it will get pointed out. If your only 90% maybe you should take your other 10% and go buy a tesla then.

Fords first true BEV the mache quality is way way better than tesla. Not even comparable. Let tesla start making some ICe vehicles and see what happens. Can't compare ICE to BEV.

Might as well go back in time and compare steam engine to ICE. or for shit and giggles a horse to steam engine.

Ludacris Sir have a nice day.
Well considering Ford has been building cars for over 100 years it would be disappointing if their quality wasn't better.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford's Mach E Team has OP's contact info and is starting to help out now. ?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well considering Ford has been building cars for over 100 years it would be disappointing if their quality wasn't better.
things change. Same as phones computers anything. Just because someone had made a computer for 30 years and another company is new they can't be better? People go and come from each place also. Tesla software gets praise but they have not been doing it as long as others.

See kinda get the point now?

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
things change. Same as phones computers anything. Just because someone had made a computer for 30 years and another company is new they can't be better? People go and come from each place also. Tesla software gets praise but they have not been doing it as long as others.

See kinda get the point now?
I see your point, but a tech company will never be better than a Car Company at building cars. I say maybe pointing him in the direction of Audi or Porsche would have been better choice. Going from one headache to another would have been heartbreaking ?

As far as Tesla software it still leaves a lot to be desired.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see your point, but a tech company will never be better than a Car Company at building cars. I say maybe pointing him in the direction of Audi or Porsche would have been better choice. Going from one headache to another would have been heartbreaking ?

nothing is perfect. but we have the chance to look at it before we buy it.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag

There is also a logical argument that says an automobile company will never do technology as well as a tech company, ?‍♂

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thank you, @Racdos, for editing the thread title. I hope you get a fully functional and enjoyable car very soon, and can put this part of your experience into the rear view mirror (or camera!). I believe this forum, its members, and Ford are all here to help, an amazing synergy, all too rare these days. I had a similar forum experience in 2004 with Prius Chat.... Very glad this forum is here! Thanks, everyone!!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Because of COVID, Ford didn't hold the hands-on training of techs they usually would. They had a virtual reality training put together.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...in-service-technicians-on-mach-e-mustang.415/

As Mach Es have come in for service, they have brought in Field Service Engineers to train service techs, hands-on. They also used early demo cars and their FCTP cars for hands-on training.
I can confirm that once the Dealership is pressed into action, they CAN get support from Ford. Ford sent a Field Service Engr to train/oversee the replacement of my Console Display after I documented the sensitivity to heat causing it to go black.

I would strongly urge the OP not to give up, and pressure Dealership to Service/Replace.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not to derail this thread, but do you think your contacts on the Mach-E team would be able to help those of us who have MMEs incorrectly listed in Ford's backend system as something else (Edge, Expedition, F-150, etc.)? It was just a cosmetic annoyance before this week, but now it's actually holding us back from joining the Early Access Program and could very well cause other issues.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not to derail this thread, but do you think your contacts on the Mach-E team would be able to help those of us who have MMEs incorrectly listed in Ford's backend system as something else (Edge, Expedition, F-150, etc.)? It was just a cosmetic annoyance before this week, but now it's actually holding us back from joining the Early Access Program and could very well cause other issues.
I know a couple of you are in the midst fo trying to get that resolved. I have the same issue. Let's see how the current attempts work out. If Ford doesn't solve it, why don't you ask me again in the Edge thread.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good news is the Mach E Team reports they have identified most of the issues with the vehicle and have a field engineering team heading to the dealer on Monday to resolve it.

OP
OP
Racdos

Racdos

First Name
Rac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium, Audi Q5
Country flag
Good news is the Mach E Team reports they have identified most of the issues with the vehicle and have a field engineering team heading to the dealer on Monday to resolve it.
Oh wow that's fantastic.
I just got off the phone with the dealer and they still didn't have any update for me. I've gotten more out of this forum in 24 hours than I have from the dealer in 24 days.
Thank you so much for your help!
Sponsored