Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yes they are made by Borg Warner. You can check out the components thread where we discuss it in depth
I misspoke. I meant to say that the entire rear drive assembly appears to be shipped in from somewhere else. Hub to hub. I knew BW made the IDM but I wasnt expecting them to include tha half shafts, hub assemblies and cradle. Those appear to be protective rotor and disk covers for shipping purposes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I misspoke. I meant to say that the entire rear drive assembly appears to be shipped in from somewhere else. Hub to hub. I knew BW made the IDM but I wasnt expecting them to include tha half shafts, hub assemblies and cradle. Those appear to be protective rotor and disk covers for shipping purposes.
the entire rear drive is sent in already assembled, correct.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Someone has been reading these forums:

https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/ford-mustang-mach-e-production-requires-loads-of-new-tech/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Production Requires Loads Of New Tech

by
f38c9845f7838091e633ec2454b974ed?s=40&r=g.jpg
Brett FooteNovember 6, 2020, 7:16 am

icio-de-Producci%C3%B3n-Mustang-Mach-E-min-758x347.jpg

As we reported last week, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E production is underway at the Ford Cuautitlan Plant in Mexico. And as one might imagine, equipping and retooling the assembly plant to produce Ford’s first-ever all-electric production vehicle took a bit of work, as well as the addition of some pretty high tech equipment.
ustang-Mach-E-Prototype-Exterior-001-Side-1024x683.jpg

According to Ford, it took approximately one year to integrate these new technologies and train the folks who will be assembling the vehicle before Mach-E production could begin. That process began with new stamping dies.
Sponsored Links

The dies weigh between 20 and 40 tons, and have a crane type gripper and two hooks capable of lifting up to 50 tons. In addition, there are 5 presses with between 1,000 and 2,500 tons of pressure to mold the sheets. Cuautitlan is the first plant to implement an anti-collision and anti-pendulum system in the cranes.
2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Exterior-001-1024x682.jpg

Cuautitlan is also the first Ford plant globally to use an artificial vision system to complete bodywork. In addition, it has 190 Fanuc-type robots with state-of-the-art dimensional location systems, allowing 90 percent of this process to be automated.
Sponsored Links

Each unit is cleaned with Zirconium and prepared for an application of Ecoat, which gives it resistance to corrosion as well as the necessary leveling to the surface to receive the paint effectively. Similarly, noise insulators are now applied as a liquid.
irst-Edition-Carbonized-Gray-Interior-001-1024x576.jpg

The production area for the Mach-E is divided into two parts: trim, where the interiors are installed, and chassis, which handles the exterior parts, as well as the mechanical ones. The new line of high-voltage batteries enjoys a 75 percent automated processes. Finally, 7 hours and 247 people are required for each shift for a vehicle to be completed at a rate of 20 units per hour.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Someone has been reading these forums:

https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/ford-mustang-mach-e-production-requires-loads-of-new-tech/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Production Requires Loads Of New Tech

by
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E Presentation Inside Mexico Plant irst-Edition-Carbonized-Gray-Interior-001-1024x576
Brett FooteNovember 6, 2020, 7:16 am

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E Presentation Inside Mexico Plant irst-Edition-Carbonized-Gray-Interior-001-1024x576

As we reported last week, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E production is underway at the Ford Cuautitlan Plant in Mexico. And as one might imagine, equipping and retooling the assembly plant to produce Ford’s first-ever all-electric production vehicle took a bit of work, as well as the addition of some pretty high tech equipment.

According to Ford, it took approximately one year to integrate these new technologies and train the folks who will be assembling the vehicle before Mach-E production could begin. That process began with new stamping dies.
Sponsored Links

The dies weigh between 20 and 40 tons, and have a crane type gripper and two hooks capable of lifting up to 50 tons. In addition, there are 5 presses with between 1,000 and 2,500 tons of pressure to mold the sheets. Cuautitlan is the first plant to implement an anti-collision and anti-pendulum system in the cranes.

Cuautitlan is also the first Ford plant globally to use an artificial vision system to complete bodywork. In addition, it has 190 Fanuc-type robots with state-of-the-art dimensional location systems, allowing 90 percent of this process to be automated.
Sponsored Links

Each unit is cleaned with Zirconium and prepared for an application of Ecoat, which gives it resistance to corrosion as well as the necessary leveling to the surface to receive the paint effectively. Similarly, noise insulators are now applied as a liquid.

The production area for the Mach-E is divided into two parts: trim, where the interiors are installed, and chassis, which handles the exterior parts, as well as the mechanical ones. The new line of high-voltage batteries enjoys a 75 percent automated processes. Finally, 7 hours and 247 people are required for each shift for a vehicle to be completed at a rate of 20 units per hour.
Maybe. This particular article was reprinted in many Mexican blogs. I looked at a bunch of them and just picked one, since I couldn't figure out who was the original author of the text.

My other posting though, which the admin removed and transferred into the first post on this thread -- that text comes from the Ford of Mexico press release and was reprinted by a smaller number of Mexican blogs.

Then, like so much of our best content, it was shamelessly copied over to Mach-E Club, without attribution to any source. They do that constantly. I can tell it was copied from here because I corrected a few words from Microsoft's auto-translation before I'd posted it here.

I'm not irritated or anything though. ?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have one question. In an ICE plant cars are fuelled with gas at the end of the line, how do they proceed for charging the battery to a minimum level for shipping?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have one question. In an ICE plant cars are fuelled with gas at the end of the line, how do they proceed for charging the battery to a minimum level for shipping?
There was a photo a long time ago of DCFC chargers in the plant

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There was a photo a long time ago of DCFC chargers in the plant
Yes. Somewhere we have a photo of the bank of chargers. They probably have enough to test and DCFC all right after line before moving outside.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Take a little time out and say a few words.
As we all sit and wait for the Mache we have ordered. Some of us would like it this year then next year or to arrive at a certain time for a reason. Waiting anxiously like a kid on Xmas.

Remember the hard-working people in the plant making the mache, don't make anywhere near enough money to have one for themself. But they are full of smiles and happy to make a product for us to enjoy. Most make between 3 to 6 dollars an hour.

One small mistake, on the job they are in and they can be let go and back to struggling to find a way to provide for their family. The union there is not as strong as it is here. Trust me it's like walking on glass as each mache passes by and they keep thinking in their head did they put the part on perfect.

The mache will be very well made, the quality control down there is way beyond anything I seen at other plants. At the end of the day just like to say thanks to the people making this mache dream a reality during this crazy 2020 year.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E Presentation Inside Mexico Plant 1604798177059

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Take a little time out and say a few words.
As we all sit and wait for the Mache we have ordered. Some of us would like it this year then next year or to arrive at a certain time for a reason. Waiting anxiously like a kid on Xmas.

Remember the hard-working people in the plant making the mache, don't make anywhere near enough money to have one for themself. But they are full of smiles and happy to make a product for us to enjoy. Most make between 3 to 6 dollars an hour.

One small mistake, on the job they are in and they can be let go and back to struggling to find a way to provide for their family. The union there is not as strong as it is here. Trust me it's like walking on glass as each mache passes by and they keep thinking in their head did they put the part on perfect.

The mache will be very well made, the quality control down there is way beyond anything I seen at other plants. At the end of the day just like to say thanks to the people making this mache dream a reality during this crazy 2020 year.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mustang Mach-E Presentation Inside Mexico Plant 1604798177059
I will drive mine proudly and thank them all each time the car brings a smile to my face. Which should be often and long lasting.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
yes, and there are even more on the right side of the building. They can charge more than they make in a day right now.
Yes these and the electric supply to the plant where part of the updates done to the plant for making an EV like the MME. Thank's to all of you for the info and pix :)

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Why translate? Spanish is easy to learn to speak and understand, since it is the most used langusage in the American Hemisphere, and the third most spoken in the world. Eeven the French, Italian, and Portuguese nations speak and understand Spanish as a second Latin based language. And it is the second spoken language in the United States (over 60% of the population speak and understand it). Just look at the many States that were Spanish colonies from California to FLorida, and more, before the British took over.

Learn Spanish and increase your cultural understanding.
Aprende Español y aumente tu entendimiento cultural.
It wasn't the British...
Sponsored