rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Not been active for a while but had a spare couple of hours and after 13 months with the Mach e (Impressed) thought I would sort out a few niggles mainly with App
1. Can no longer find Journeys I have read it has been replaced with MyEV driving. Anyone know where that is ?
2. I use the Ford and the Apple Maps quit like the ford but what is really annoying if you touch the screen whilst on a journey it puts in a coordinate which is annoying any one know how to avoid it (without telling me not to touch the screen)
3. With increase energy prices have now got cheap night rate but despite setting charging seems to be charging as soon as plugged in
4. Anyone managed to get Sync 4
Cheers
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
WRT 3, check that your cars knows where it is. Several have reported that the car doesn’t know it’s home due to navagation system error, therefore it doesn’t use the associated charge settings.

Not sure what you’re asking in 4? Sync 4 is the infotainment system that comes with the Mach-E.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1) Useless info anyway. Under Charging tab in FordPass (in US anyway).
2) Yup. Don't touch screen...
3) Resave location, set times and percentages. Update deleted it.
4) Your car came with Sync 4A.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Not been active for a while but had a spare couple of hours and after 13 months with the Mach e (Impressed) thought I would sort out a few niggles mainly with App
1. Can no longer find Journeys I have read it has been replaced with MyEV driving. Anyone know where that is ?
2. I use the Ford and the Apple Maps quit like the ford but what is really annoying if you touch the screen whilst on a journey it puts in a coordinate which is annoying any one know how to avoid it (without telling me not to touch the screen)
3. With increase energy prices have now got cheap night rate but despite setting charging seems to be charging as soon as plugged in
4. Anyone managed to get Sync 4
Cheers
Answers. Well best I can
1. Journeys have gone. On the FP app go to vehicle, then charging. There you will find My EV driving.
2. Sorry but not sure what you mean. I have never had an issue like you have described.
3. Even if you set the car up to charge between certain hours if it can't charge to the required limit that you have set within those hours it will start charging straight away. I find that my car will charge about 12% - 15% during 0100 - 0500 (my cheap rate is 0030 - 0430, but you can only set the car to charge on the hour). The other option is to reduce the charge level required or use your wall box settings (if you have one)
4. The car has Sync 4A. Why would you want Sync 4?

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Hi Thanks Obviously I misread saying sync 4 A not available I have also read that with Sync 4A you can adjust heating with volume knob mine does not (Mainly for the good lady who hates the touch screen and is reluctant to use voice control, except over me!)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Future updates to the car, including Sync, will give you new features, such as using the knob as a mouse. Today, if your good lady doesn't like the screen and doesn't want to say "set temperature to X", she should have you drive... đŸ€” o_O:rolleyes:

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Future updates to the car, including Sync, will give you new features, such as using the knob as a mouse. Today, if your good lady doesn't like the screen and doesn't want to say "set temperature to X", she should have you drive... đŸ€” o_O:rolleyes:
Unfortunately she says she only passed her driving licence and does not have a pass in computer use, its my only car she has never driven even a Porsche turbo did not daunt her. perhaps she is the petrol head in the partnership :rolleyes:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi Thanks Obviously I misread saying sync 4 A not available I have also read that with Sync 4A you can adjust heating with volume knob mine does not (Mainly for the good lady who hates the touch screen and is reluctant to use voice control, except over me!)
It is only the latest builds that the knob on the main screen has numerous uses and I think they are mainly the US models. Some earlier models have had software updates to enable this functionality but I don't think any UK models have it yet. @Wonky_Donkey has a later 22MY car which has the AC touch button on the main screen so maybe he could answer the question for you. Mine is a 21MY Job 1 car and it hasn't got any of the extra bits that the US 21MY job 1 cars have got because the UK is SOOOOO far behind with OTA updates.

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Thanks Makes sense

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi @rodbin

I’ve just checked my 2022 UK build which has all the latest versions of software installed on it (Sync Version 22228 Rev 539) plus all the other FDRS stuff
. Sad to say that at the moment the volume dial is still just a volume dial. Heating controls are still touchscreen or voice (for now)

It is worth noting that when the new Alexa integration gets rolled out in the UK via OTA you’ll find it’s very responsive and easy to use, and a bit less rubbish than the existing “Ok Ford” system.

EDIT: I left the above reply - hit the what’s new tab on this site and saw a new thread about the upcoming new features of SYNC4A 🙈

Check out this thread 
. link

Heating controls a go go đŸ€Ł

Last edited:

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Unfortunately she says she only passed her driving licence and does not have a pass in computer use
I bet she can use her mobile phone where you have to swipe the screen and press icons. ;) ;) ;) I presume you daren't present that point of view.

Technology moves on. People who passed their test in the 1950's are now driving vastly more complicated cars. I rejoiced the day that ICE cars no longer came with a manual choke. No more having to fiddle with it when driving from cold which was a distraction in itself.
Sponsored