Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
At this point, I am not sure. Was there a mid-point where the order reservation was confirmed? I just know that the GTPE was added after I reserved it. The S/O list changed when they added that model I suppose. All I do know is that there was no option to get the pano roof. I initially reserved the car after Ford dropped the price $5K ahead of the Model Y debut, so I don't know if that put me in a different queue, or what. I have bought plenty of cars, configured hundreds online using 'build your own' tools over the years. This process wasn't great, information-wise.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
At this point, I am not sure. Was there a mid-point where the order reservation was confirmed? I just know that the GTPE was added after I reserved it. The S/O list changed when they added that model I suppose. All I do know is that there was no option to get the pano roof. I initially reserved the car after Ford dropped the price $5K ahead of the Model Y debut, so I don't know if that put me in a different queue, or what. I have bought plenty of cars, configured hundreds online using 'build your own' tools over the years. This process wasn't great, information-wise.
Well the reservation (on Ford.com $500 deposit a long time before ordering opened up) wasn’t really anything other than you expressing your intent to possibly order the car (or not, 100% refundable deposit).

When you converted your reservation to an order (April 2021) was when you confirmed all your options and pricing with the dealer.

And up until when you got a build date (months later) you still could change your options.

Sounds like you unfortunately didn’t look at the options and details within that time period nor when you converted to an order.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
The car probably does not include Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 so it doesn’t have the front camera, the mirror cameras, or the eye sensor. My GT-PE doesn’t have these things. ?
I thought you had to take 360 with the GTPE because of the pano roof. When I got my base GT I specifically didn’t want the pano roof and didn’t realize that without blue cruise I don’t get the 360 cameras. I’ve learned to love without it.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I thought you had to take 360 with the GTPE because of the pano roof. When I got my base GT I specifically didn’t want the pano roof and didn’t realize that without blue cruise I don’t get the 360 cameras. I’ve learned to love without it.
My GT-PE has a blue metal roof. I purposely did not order the Panoramic Roof option. I *would have* ordered the Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 if Ford would have let me just so I could play with the 360 camera view. It would have been just a toy that I didn't use all that much, so I am not missing it at all and saved a couple of grand because I could not order it. ??‍♂?

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Well the reservation (on Ford.com $500 deposit a long time before ordering opened up) wasn’t really anything other than you expressing your intent to possibly order the car (or not, 100% refundable deposit).

When you converted your reservation to an order (April 2021) was when you confirmed all your options and pricing with the dealer.

And up until when you got a build date (months later) you still could change your options.

Sounds like you unfortunately didn’t look at the options and details within that time period nor when you converted to an order.
Certainly not how I remember it, and even when the dealer called me to confirm my order details before they actually placed the order, there were no other options that I could select at the time and I specifically asked about the panoramic roof and was told that there were no other options to select other than the GTPE. It’s certainly possible that it was just me screwing this up, but I don’t like to think of myself as that careless, especially on this expense of a decision.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Certainly not how I remember it, and even when the dealer called me to confirm my order details before they actually placed the order, there were no other options that I could select at the time and I specifically asked about the panoramic roof and was told that there were no other options to select other than the GTPE. It’s certainly possible that it was just me screwing this up, but I don’t like to think of myself as that careless, especially on this expense of a decision.
Sounds like the dealer messed it up if they told you there were no other options.

I didn’t do a reservation until Feb 2022. But it was on April 28 I had to finalize the details. You should have gotten an email that looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT does not have a front camera WTF CDEF37E5-7B79-4FCF-89BD-57FBC2876A38

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Sounds like the dealer messed it up if they told you there were no other options.

I didn’t do a reservation until Feb 2022. But it was on April 28 I had to finalize the details. You should have gotten an email that looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT does not have a front camera WTF CDEF37E5-7B79-4FCF-89BD-57FBC2876A38
Agreed. The dealer misinformed you if they told you there were no other options. I reserved at the beginning of 2021 and placed my order on April 27. There was no selection of options when I reserved, only the selection of the GT trim level. When I placed my order, I selected the Performance Edition package with a painted metal roof. Since Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 required the glass roof I did not order it. My dealer confirmed my order within 10 minutes of my having placed the order via email. There was no way to select the options on a GT until April 27, 2021, only a way to reserve a place to order one. ?‍♂?

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
So anybody else with a GT with a similar experience to me? If you ordered the performance edition, that was a different set up.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So anybody else with a GT with a similar experience to me? If you ordered the performance edition, that was a different set up.
That’s the thing, ordering the PE should be the same experience.

The GT and GTPE are the same model. both are GT, the PE is just an option on the GT (like the pano roof or 360 camera).

But yours is the first experience I’ve heard where the dealer told you you couldn’t add any options when you ordered.

Unfortunately you were just given bad info. You were likely the first GT they converted to an order (since you did it the first day you could, April 28).

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I see this is an option, seems lame that it is not standard. Is this common? I picked up a cancelled order and I did not notice this. When I pull up close to something, it just beeps and shows a generic car image with red on the front (radar below).
Hello,

Assuming you are talking about the green and red bars that come with a generic car image when pulling up to a wall (like inside your garage etc.), that is how the proximity alert displays, the camara view does Not come up automatically when going in front (this is to prevent people from looking at the camera instead of straight ahead while driving). Only in reverse mode, the camera is activated automatically. To activate the 360 view camera, click on the car symbol on the infotainment screen and select the camera option and select the view you want. I am not sure if I understood your problem but this is just assuming from my end. Please ignore if this is not what you are talking about.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello,

Assuming you are talking about the green and red bars that come with a generic car image when pulling up to a wall (like inside your garage etc.), that is how the proximity alert displays, the camara view does Not come up automatically when going in front (this is to prevent people from looking at the camera instead of straight ahead while driving). Only in reverse mode, the camera is activated automatically. To activate the 360 view camera, click on the car symbol on the infotainment screen and select the camera option and select the view you want. I am not sure if I understood your problem but this is just assuming from my end. Please ignore if this is not what you are talking about.
The camera also activated automatically when moving slowly in Drive if something is close to the front of your car.

Mine comes on when pulling into the garage.

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The camera also activated automatically when moving slowly in Drive if something is close to the front of your car.

Mine comes on when pulling into the garage.
Interesting, mine (I have the Select but with 360 co pilot/tech package) does Not come on when pulling in to the garage but comes on in the car wash when those brushes come close in the front and I can see the entire front of the car wash. Don't know why it does not come on in my garage.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Bill,

I don't think you were careless. There are some very confusing terminology used by Ford and it sounds like your dealer didn't really help you.

It does you no good beating yourself up. You might want to order another car with the options you want and then sell the one you have when the next one comes in. You might even make a profit on the 21 that you have!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, mine (I have the Select but with 360 co pilot/tech package) does Not come on when pulling in to the garage but comes on in the car wash when those brushes come close in the front and I can see the entire front of the car wash. Don't know why it does not come on in my garage.
How close do you get to stuff in front of your bumper?

I have to be real close (less than 2 feet) for it to come on.
Sponsored