My GT does not have a front camera WTF

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Congratulations on your new GT!

Here's what my window sticker looked like with the 360 Active option.

Screenshot_20211124-230817.png
Sponsored

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
My base select with no options has this camera. All do. It’s not from any map - the MachE reads the speed limit signs.
You may have misunderstood me. If the GT doesn't have that particular camera that does this task, camera, you can get the same information from any map app such as WAZE etc.

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Congratulations on your new GT!

Here's what my window sticker looked like with the 360 Active option.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT does not have a front camera WTF Screenshot_20211124-230817
Thank you, I should have asked more questions.

craniosyn

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was surprised also. I know I didn’t get blue cruise. But i was hoping for a camera for when I’m parking.

Can we add them through ford or aftermarket?
That’s what I was wondering too. I also have a GT without the front cam (360 cam if you will).
The front camera appears to be mounted above the grill and house in a black plastic part that’s easily removable. Perhaps we can just order a replace OEM front cam and install it ourselves. Can’t bee too hard, run the wire and plug it in!
Has anyone tried this?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That’s what I was wondering too. I also have a GT without the front cam (360 cam if you will).
The front camera appears to be mounted above the grill and house in a black plastic part that’s easily removable. Perhaps we can just order a replace OEM front cam and install it ourselves. Can’t bee too hard, run the wire and plug it in!
Has anyone tried this?
It’s unlikely to be just missing hardware, you would have to figure out how to update the software.

Plus I’m pretty sure it’s not just the front camera that’s missing. Do you have the side cameras?

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
It’s unlikely to be just missing hardware, you would have to figure out how to update the software.

Plus I’m pretty sure it’s not just the front camera that’s missing. Do you have the side cameras?
I have the cameras on the side mirrors, but not the front camera on my GT.

craniosyn

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have the cameras on the side mirrors, but not the front camera on my GT.
I think those are the welcome light projectors under the side mirrors. I initially thought there were cameras then I unlocked the door and they lit up.

craniosyn

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

No front or side cameras just the back up camera.
Did a little search and I found this:
Front camera assembly: LJ8Z19G490A

Camera harness cable Assembly: LJ8Z14D202J

There is a chance that I might need a software update but something makes me wonder if it’s just plug and play. I doubt ford installs different software on different cars depending on the package, that would too much time. But I could be wrong.

has anyone tried installing a front camera? I saw Ford sells aftermarket F150 front camera kits.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No front or side cameras just the back up camera.
Did a little search and I found this:
Front camera assembly: LJ8Z19G490A

Camera harness cable Assembly: LJ8Z14D202J

There is a chance that I might need a software update but something makes me wonder if it’s just plug and play. I doubt ford installs different software on different cars depending on the package, that would too much time. But I could be wrong.

has anyone tried installing a front camera? I saw Ford sells aftermarket F150 front camera kits.
It has to have different software.

If not, what would happen when you click the 360 camera button? Or when you try to zoom in on the front or side cameras?

My car also automatically turns on the front camera when I get close to something in front of my car.

If they didn’t have different software, yours would pull up a blank screen when trying to access the front camera that wasn’t there.

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I assume you got the base GT with no options, like I did. That model does not have Blue Cruise capabilities or the 360 camera view. I don't miss Blue Cruise, but I do miss the 360 view. That would be super nice when parking. But the sensors are help enough.

I wonder about the front camera though. Our cars will read speed limit signs, so I think it must have a front camera. The question is, if it does not have a front camera, how does it read speed limit signs? And if it does have a front camera, how can we turn it on?
So I have been really wondering about this. I ordered my GT on the first day it was possible to configure it. There was no GTPE package at that time (it was added a few months later). The GT was supposed to include the PANO ROOF, magnaride shocks and the 360 camera. There were no other options I could choose beside the color and some floor mats. Did anyone else experince this? I really was disappointed to get my car and there was no glass roof or 360 camera (or the blue cruise hardware). I spend $65k on this car, and I am pissed that the backup camera is worse than my 2019 Infiniti. Really irritating because I love the car and it pisses me off everytime I back into the garage.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There is a front-facing camera that is separate from the grille-mounted camera. This is included with the base trim on the GT and GT-PE. This is the camera that functions with the IACC to read the lines on the road and speed limit signs. ??

The 360 cameras include the grille-mounted camera, the side mirror-mounted cameras, and the back-up camera (which is included on the base GT trim). There is additional hardware and software to control the cameras and interface them with your car’s systems. I was looking into possibly retrieving this stuff off of a wrecked Premium, but it just isn’t worth the hassle and cost. ?‍♂??

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I see this is an option, seems lame that it is not standard. Is this common? I picked up a cancelled order and I did not notice this. When I pull up close to something, it just beeps and shows a generic car image with red on the front (radar below).
The GTs all have a camera that reads the speed limit signs. The 360° camera is an additional option I COULD have ordered, at enormous expense, BUT it was bundled only with the glass roof, which I absolutely refused to order (for performance and heat reasons). You'll get used to using the radar when parking...it works great.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I have been really wondering about this. I ordered my GT on the first day it was possible to configure it. There was no GTPE package at that time (it was added a few months later). The GT was supposed to include the PANO ROOF, magnaride shocks and the 360 camera. There were no other options I could choose beside the color and some floor mats. Did anyone else experince this? I really was disappointed to get my car and there was no glass roof or 360 camera (or the blue cruise hardware). I spend $65k on this car, and I am pissed that the backup camera is worse than my 2019 Infiniti. Really irritating because I love the car and it pisses me off everytime I back into the garage.
I ordered the same day you did. (April 28) and got a fully loaded GTPE with every option.

Information was available for a long time before then. And the GT did not include pano roof, mag ride nor 360.

Where/when did you get your info from?

You said “ordered,” but do you really mean “reserved?”

If that’s the case, a lot of information came available between the 18 months from when you reserved to when you converted the reservation to an order.

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
I ordered the same day you did. (April 28) and got a fully loaded GTPE with every option.

Information was available for a long time before then. And the GT did not include pano roof, mag ride nor 360.

Where/when did you get your info from?

You said “ordered,” but do you really mean “reserved?”

If that’s the case, a lot of information came available between the 18 months from when you reserved to when you converted the reservation to an order.
Sponsored