Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I see this is an option, seems lame that it is not standard. Is this common? I picked up a cancelled order and I did not notice this. When I pull up close to something, it just beeps and shows a generic car image with red on the front (radar below).
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
A price/model upgrade doesn't mean all of the features carry up the ladder. Read the menu when visiting a new restaurant.

It's been discussed here.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
They do the same thing with the F-150 and other models that have "enthusiast" type trims, just because it costs more doesn't mean it has everything. Like the Explorer ST being more expensive than a Limited but not having some options standard, or the F-150 Raptor being more expensive than most other trims but not having all the same features standard. With a GT you are paying for the upgraded motor and suspension work first, where with a Mach-E Premium you are paying for the added creature comforts first.

In the end though, it could be far worse. While I prefer having both a front camera and sensors, if I had to pick one or the other to have and that was it, I would rather have the sensors. They are always looking out for you and don't require you to hit a button to activate, and it's a much more immediate feedback system than having to look over at a screen. I know it sucks to know a feature you would have liked is missing, just trying to add some extra consideration to it to hopefully help you get past it.

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
A price/model upgrade doesn't mean all of the features carry up the ladder. Read the menu when visiting a new restaurant.

It's been discussed here.
I did not order the car. I picked it up as a cancelled order, the whole deal from start to finish was done in a few hour timespan. I did not have much opportunity to read the menu!!! ?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The car probably does not include Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 so it doesn’t have the front camera, the mirror cameras, or the eye sensor. My GT-PE doesn’t have these things. ?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I did not order the car. I picked it up as a cancelled order, the whole deal from start to finish was done in a few hour timespan. I did not have much opportunity to read the menu!!! ?
I assume you got the base GT with no options, like I did. That model does not have Blue Cruise capabilities or the 360 camera view. I don't miss Blue Cruise, but I do miss the 360 view. That would be super nice when parking. But the sensors are help enough.

I wonder about the front camera though. Our cars will read speed limit signs, so I think it must have a front camera. The question is, if it does not have a front camera, how does it read speed limit signs? And if it does have a front camera, how can we turn it on?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The car probably does not include Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 so it doesn’t have the front camera, the mirror cameras, or the eye sensor. My GT-PE doesn’t have these things. ?
And we also don't have that sensor above the steering wheel that monitors where we are looking! I would hate that thing, but it is required if you want hands free I guess.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
And the biggest of all..no bluecruise :-(

I got a 2 hour drive ahead of me today and looking forward to that feature that I now would not want the car without.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I wonder about the front camera though. Our cars will read speed limit signs, so I think it must have a front camera. The question is, if it does not have a front camera, how does it read speed limit signs? And if it does have a front camera, how can we turn it on?
There are two different front-facing cameras. The camera that reads spin-limit signs hides behind the rear-view mirror on the windshield. The front-facing camera used for parking, etc. is on the front facade (faux-grill) of the car. That camera is the one that provides part of the 360° view. The others are hiding under the side-view mirrors (on cars equipped with the package).

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I assume you got the base GT with no options, like I did. That model does not have Blue Cruise capabilities or the 360 camera view. I don't miss Blue Cruise, but I do miss the 360 view. That would be super nice when parking. But the sensors are help enough.

I think the speed limit signs are read from the camera behind the rear view mirror. The camera that I am missing would be at the top of the grill area.

I did look at the ford order pages, and I do not see anything about that being an option. I do have the pano roof and the co-pilot 360, so I should have bluecruise.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT does not have a front camera WTF 1637778454342

I just see it in here in the co-pilot 360 specs

Ford Mustang Mach-E My GT does not have a front camera WTF 1637778319910

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I think the speed limit signs are read from the camera behind the rear view mirror. The camera that I am missing would be at the top of the grill area.

I did look at the ford order pages, and I do not see anything about that being an option. I do have the pano roof and the co-pilot 360, so I should have bluecruise.

Your sticker says Assist, not Active. Active requires the pano but is not included with the pano.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Nope you don't. Pano was independent of the bluecruise for 21 and was only bundled with the 2.0 package that included the 360 cam.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Your sticker says Assist, not Active. Active requires the pano but is not included with the pano.
All so confusing.
I am still trying to warp my head around Lane Centering and Lane Keeping Assist. I thought those were the same things but apparently I am mistaken. ?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Negative. Pano and bluecruise completely separate from each other on the GT for 21.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Look at this guy over here picking up a GT off the damn lot!

Like me with my Select month ago when inventory actually “existed”

??
Sponsored