Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Did you have to wait long to charge? We would like to have lunch at Steak and Shake while charging but I need to find out if they are open inside? With this pandemic getting worse it may be hard to find a place with indoor seating?
When I was there, I was the only car initially. A Tesla pulled up later and after I told him of my experience he left. Basically, two units were working but one was about half speed. The other two were completely inop. The one I used was closest to the Target. The half speed unit was the furthest.
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
When I was there, I was the only car initially. A Tesla pulled up later and after I told him of my experience he left. Basically, two units were working but one was about half speed. The other two were completely inop. The one I used was closest to the Target. The half speed unit was the furthest.
Do you happen to know if that Target has a place to eat inside? I will be traveling with my father in law and have to factor in his needs as well?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
However ... this is a big HOWEVER ... I heard today on the TV that COVID-19 has spiked to 23,000+ cases an all time one day high. Governor deSantis' no mask policy and no demand for vaccination proof is drawing severe criticism. So take with a grain of salt and plan accordingly.
It's one thing for a high ranking official to discourage vaccine requirements, but to actively disallow businesses from protecting themselves is reckless. The reason for my trip to FL at the end of September is to catch a cruise, and it really concerns me that a bunch of unvaccinated people will be held together in enclosed spaces for a week. I really don't want to have to stay quarantined in my stateroom for 2 weeks because of a concerted campaign of denial.

Don’t know about steak-n-shake.
OK, thanks anyway

I just tried to call them, no one answered! We still have a lot of fast food places down here that have not reopened for in door dining!!
Bummer

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My Wife needs to get her Steak n Shake fix as well!! We used to have one nearby but they have closed for good! :( Our Hawaiian Cruise has already been postponed twice so maybe it will happen next year??

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Do you happen to know if that Target has a place to eat inside? I will be traveling with my father in law and have to factor in his needs as well?
Don’t remember. It was a fairly busy commercial area. There are several eating establishments around - can’t remember which ones as we brought our own sandwiches with us from home on that day.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

No need to eat at Target, this location is a major bustling, very busy hub at intersection of I-75 and Highway 24, with something like five hotels and at least 15 eateries establishments from Steak & Shake, PF Chang's, Olive Gardens, Five Guys, Mr. & Mrs. Crab, McDonalds, Burger King, Culvers, Bone Fish & Grill... etc and also Sam's Club, WholeFoods... I doubt very much you will go hungry there!!!

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It seems to me that Ford Nav needs to be updated! I am able to find addresses in Apple Maps that the Ford system can’t find!!
I have had that happen to me twice, but it does find addresses most of the time. I doubt that any car systems will have map updates as often as Apple and Google. At least with Ford and GM (as well as most others) you can still use CarPlay and Android Auto. Tesla and Rivian are not allowing those apps to be used on the car display.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My Wife has made the final decision! We will be using Ford Nav for our first road trip in 3 weeks. I have loaded ABRP and Plugshare on my IPhone for backup. Used Fordpass trip planner for routing and charge locations. All 3 apps picked the same EA stations.
Good choice. You can also open Waze in the background without telling it to navigate anywhere. That way Car Play will announce any hazards like speed traps from Waze and allow you to easily switch apps to report an issue. Ford Nav for navigation and Waze in the background works great.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
No need to eat at Target, this location is a major bustling, very busy hub at intersection of I-75 and Highway 24, with something like five hotels and at least 15 eateries establishments from Steak & Shake, PF Chang's, Olive Gardens, Five Guys, Mr. & Mrs. Crab, McDonalds, Burger King, Culvers, Bone Fish & Grill... etc and also Sam's Club, WholeFoods... I doubt very much you will go hungry there!!!
I found out that the Steak n Shake closest to the EA station in Gainesville IS currently open for in door dining! My plan is to drop off my Wife and her Dad at Steak n Shake then go over to EA for Plug and Charge. It looks like it is close enough so that I can walk over to join them for lunch. Then we can head out for the next stop in Tallahassee!
Sponsored