First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mystery EV Winter Testing in Alaska.  New Photos Mystery EV

I caught this camouflaged EV winter testing here in Fairbanks today. At first, I didn't pay much attention, as we see many new vehicles winter testing here. But as I drove by him, while coming from the opposite direction, there was this light bulb moment when my subconscious realized it had almost exactly the same proportions as the Mach E I was driving. - so, I turned around and took this rear end photo. (Sorry I couldn't get a side photo, but I was time limited and had to continue on to my destination.)

It's clearly an EV as there are no tailpipes, and there was no exhaust condensing as you see on every non-EV at every stoplight here in the winter. Also, it has Michigan manufacturers plates so that narrows down the list of possible suspects. Like I said, the dimensions were almost identical to a Mach E, and as you can see here, even camouflaged, the rear end very closely matches the Mach E. From the side, the height and length were nearly identical to the Mach E, but it appeared to have a slightly boxier\less sloped rear section. The covering appeared to be flush to the body panels, so I don't think there was any structure underneath designed to distort the shape. I didn't get a good look at the front end. The wheels were nothing special, so I couldn't get any clues there. If not a new version of the Mach E, perhaps an Escape type EV or a Lincoln?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will have to keep my eyes open driving around today! Also cruise by Seekins and GVEA.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I've never seen a Ford vehicle with that camo pattern. Also never seen a Ford with a top-mounted rear wiper. Almost looks Mazda-ish to me, and maybe has a spot for an oval badge?

It looks like it has dual sharkfin antennas on the rear (under covers) - the only other car I've seen with that is the Nissan Ariya, but this doesn't look like the Ariya.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mystery EV Winter Testing in Alaska.  New Photos 2021-nissan-ariya

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME eAWD Sel, 2022 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 1949 8N
Country flag
I've never seen a Ford vehicle with that camo pattern. Also never seen a Ford with a top-mounted rear wiper. Almost looks Mazda-ish to me, and maybe has a spot for an oval badge?

It looks like it has dual sharkfin antennas on the rear (under covers) - the only other car I've seen with that is the Nissan Ariya, but this doesn't look like the Ariya.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mystery EV Winter Testing in Alaska.  New Photos 2021-nissan-ariya
It’s also worth noting Nissan does have a Michigan presence, including the Nissan Technical Center North America.

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I caught this camouflaged EV winter testing here in Fairbanks today. At first, I didn't pay much attention, as we see many new vehicles winter testing here. But as I drove by him, while coming from the opposite direction, there was this light bulb moment when my subconscious realized it had almost exactly the same proportions as the Mach E I was driving. - so, I turned around and took this rear end photo. (Sorry I couldn't get a side photo, but I was time limited and had to continue on to my destination.)

It's clearly an EV as there are no tailpipes, and there was no exhaust condensing as you see on every non-EV at every stoplight here in the winter. Also, it has Michigan manufacturers plates so that narrows down the list of possible suspects. Like I said, the dimensions were almost identical to a Mach E, and as you can see here, even camouflaged, the rear end very closely matches the Mach E. From the side, the height and length were nearly identical to the Mach E, but it appeared to have a slightly boxier\less sloped rear section. The covering appeared to be flush to the body panels, so I don't think there was any structure underneath designed to distort the shape. I didn't get a good look at the front end. The wheels were nothing special, so I couldn't get any clues there. If not a new version of the Mach E, perhaps an Escape type EV or a Lincoln?
Notice the rear wiper coming from the top!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I did notice the rear wiper, but I figured it could still be a Mach E because it cleared such a small portion of the rear window. 🙂
My wife’s Lincoln Aviator has a wiper that comes from the top. 🤔

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Why would they using white Camo in Alaska? They're just begging to get into an accident.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Unlike the other white cars or the ones covered in snow? 🤔

Watch out for blinking polar bears!
The black lines break up the solid white and makes the car blend in more than a solid white car. That's why military camos are not solid white.

And the blinky lights may not be seen as you plow into the side of the car as the blinky lights are in the back.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mystery EV Winter Testing in Alaska.  New Photos 1704648317473

Jeff-NoVA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Recent Land Rovers have two shark fins and they are working on an EV. Rear profile looks right for a midsize Rover. That’s my guess.

Buzz

First Name
Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, AWD, Comfort/Tech, Star White
Occupation
Studying Environmental Chemistry
Country flag
I don’t think it’s a Nissan. The Ariya has the plate on the tailgate, not the bumper. Also the wiper is on top, the Nissan’s is on the bottom. Maybe Polestar? Everyone is working on EVs now, so it’s tough to say.
Sponsored