Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I have an AWD Standard Range Infinite Blue Premium for two days so I can do a review video for the Mach-E VLOG YouTube channel. Let me know if you have questions! I'll be out driving a lot though!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Testing a Mach-E for two days! PXL_20210209_203824647.MP
Sponsored

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I’m really curious about cold weather energy consumption over mountain passes with seat heaters only, assuming the car is preconditioned before setting out.

or, test the same route...could be city...once early AM in the cold, once in the afternoon when warmer out, see what impact that has on energy consumption. no heaters on in either case.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m interested in details about acceleration at different speeds. I’m getting the SR, but most reviews are with the ER. I’ve seen some say acceleration from a stop is good but falls off quickly above 25mph.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interested in Climate% difference between "initial warm-up" vs "maintaining temp". Try resetting a trip meter part way into a drive after you've gotten the cabin up to a comfortable temp (~70F), then see what Climate% shows after a while of just maintaining temp when it's cold out.

That would take the "warm-up" surge in energy usage out of the equation when trying to calculate road trip range, and the cabin heater's impact on it.

Also be curious what your overall best and worst miles/kWh readings will be in the ~30F temps you'll have the next few days.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m interested in details about acceleration at different speeds. I’m getting the SR, but most reviews are with the ER. I’ve seen some say acceleration from a stop is good but falls off quickly above 25mph.
I will +1 to this. Most reviewers had an ER AWD. I have seen very few SR AWDs reviewed. Would be interested in your thoughts on driving dynamics of this one, @Mach-E VLOG .

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER (canceled)
Country flag
Check if any hair can be found from TFL's - Blaze. Or, is this not the same car?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
IB AWD Premium with light space gray interior. That is the exact same spec as my car! Nice. ?

1. Curious if you can time 0-60 with full charge and again with medium charge while trying for all other conditions to be equal. Do you have an app on your phone that will do take that measurement for you?
  2. When in the bezel diagnostics menu, does it only show the "View Confirmed DTCs" for the TCU, APIM and GWM modules or does it scroll down and show more stuff?
  3. When you connect to Ford Pass......can you show us what notifications are available? See this post for an example. https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-two-days-of-driving.3230/page-16#post-103613
  4. Does the car greet you when you approach it? How configurable is that?
  5. Can you change accents for the Sync voice when she talks to you?
  6. Are you able to edit what information is shown on the screen above the steering column or are you stuck with what they give you?
  7. Can you change the MPH speed to resemble a gauge with needle?

If you are going to produce some video tutorials.....
  1. How to set up Paak for the first time.
  2. How to program Homelink buttons
  3. Programming NAV for multiple waypoints. Interested to see if the system suggests fastest, shortest or most economical routes. Asks if you plan on charging at any of the stops. Does it predict range left after your journey is completed? Does it show you if your driving is Over, Under or Right At budget? (Budget being the energy prediction required to complete that trip).
  4. How to make a road trip: DCFC charging from Colorado to Arizona. In fact, I think you should do this first. Like right now! :)

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Can you try out Torque Pro? I'd like to be able to pull up battery temp, battery heater draw, cabin heater draw, etc.

macheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic '06
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I will +1 to this. Most reviewers had an ER AWD. I have seen very few SR AWDs reviewed. Would be interested in your thoughts on driving dynamics of this one, @Mach-E VLOG .
Same. Much has been said about the weight of the car and how heavy it feels especially when comparing to the Model Y. Quick Google search shows the SR being 4,394 lbs (526lbs lighter than ER). Model Y is 4,416lbs for comparison.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick assessment... it feels really quick off the line. I took it on the freeway and thought it felt sluggish, but then I glanced at the speedometer and realized I was doing over 90. The main thing... it does things effortlessly that require a lot of work and noise in an ICE car. I think the SR is about the same as my WRX in 0-60. To get a fast time in the Mach-E, you just mash the pedal and it quietly gets there. In my WRX, I have to have a perfect launch, high RPM, and one really fast shift.

Check if any hair can be found from TFL's - Blaze. Or, is this not the same car?
It's the same car. And Tesla fan, Sean Mitchell, just had it the past 4 days.

IB AWD Premium with light space gray interior. That is the exact same spec as my car! Nice. ?

1. Curious if you can time 0-60 with full charge and again with medium charge while trying for all other conditions to be equal. Do you have an app on your phone that will do take that measurement for you?
  2. When in the bezel diagnostics menu, does it only show the "View Confirmed DTCs" for the TCU, APIM and GWM modules or does it scroll down and show more stuff?
  3. When you connect to Ford Pass......can you show us what notifications are available? See this post for an example. https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-two-days-of-driving.3230/page-16#post-103613
  4. Does the car greet you when you approach it? How configurable is that?
  5. Can you change accents for the Sync voice when she talks to you?
  6. Are you able to edit what information is shown on the screen above the steering column or are you stuck with what they give you?
  7. Can you change the MPH speed to resemble a gauge with needle?

If you are going to produce some video tutorials.....
  1. How to set up Paak for the first time.
  2. How to program Homelink buttons
  3. Programming NAV for multiple waypoints. Interested to see if the system suggests fastest, shortest or most economical routes. Asks if you plan on charging at any of the stops. Does it predict range left after your journey is completed? Does it show you if your driving is Over, Under or Right At budget? (Budget being the energy prediction required to complete that trip).
  4. How to make a road trip: DCFC charging from Colorado to Arizona. In fact, I think you should do this first. Like right now! :)
Some good questions. Today I didn't dive deep into stuff. ANd being a techie, it was still taking some time to find stuff in the menus.

Can you try out Torque Pro? I'd like to be able to pull up battery temp, battery heater draw, cabin heater draw, etc.
I have it loaded on my phone and I'll plug into the OBD2 port tomorrow and see.

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I want to know about the sound system. Is the AM radio great? Is the reception strong? FM?

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
In one of the diagnostics menus, there was a link for Part Numbers. The motorhead in me would like you to click on that link...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Mashing the pedal to the floor might not be the quickest sprint time because once the car senses wheel spin it pulls back on the power until the wheels grip again. You might find that if you give it 75-80% for a split second and then the rest of the way it might go quicker.

Some testing may be required.
Also lowering the tire pressure will almost certainly achieve a quicker sprint but I am not recommending that. ;)

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
One of my favorite images I captured over the past couple of days:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Testing a Mach-E for two days! PXL_20210211_020852114.NIGHT_2
Sponsored