OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
Is the $80.00 per year worth the Sync 4 Navigation? I know I will lose live traffic and weather, I won't get yearly updates, is there anything else I'm missing that I might want to consider paying the fee for? If I let it expire can I go back later and pick it up if I decide I want it?

Thanks for the info, my other cars didn't have so many features embedded within nav.
Sponsored

RXDOC

First Name
Hoss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 22 Buick Enclave , 23 Hyundai Ioniq 6
Occupation
Clinical Pharmacist
Country flag
You won't miss it, with WAZE and Google Maps, you are covered. I have Navigation, don't use it.
Just the police, and speed trap warnings, makes WAZE worth every penny!

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Is the $80.00 per year worth the Sync 4 Navigation? I know I will lose live traffic and weather, I won't get yearly updates, is there anything else I'm missing that I might want to consider paying the fee for? If I let it expire can I go back later and pick it up if I decide I want it?

Thanks for the info, my other cars didn't have so many features embedded within nav.
You can't navigate to chargers thus you can't pre-condition your battery for best charging speeds at DCFC. May not affect you much if you don't use DCFC often.

Mine expired a couple of months ago, I also can't seem to send trips from the ford pass app to the car nav anymore.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
You can't navigate to chargers thus you can't pre-condition your battery for best charging speeds at DCFC. May not affect you much if you don't use DCFC often.

Mine expired a couple of months ago, I also can't seem to send trips from the ford pass app to the car nav anymore.
You should still be able to find the chargers in the NAV as a POI. New chargers will not be added and offline chargers will not be removed without an active subscription though, and of course no real-time info at all. The data will be stale from when your subscription ended.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should still be able to find the chargers in the NAV as a POI. New chargers will not be added and offline chargers will not be removed without an active subscription though, and of course no real-time info at all. The data will be stale from when your subscription ended.
Nope, the entire "chargers" is greyed out. When you click on it, it tells you to go into ford pass and update your subscription.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Nope, the entire "chargers" is greyed out. When you click on it, it tells you to go into ford pass and update your subscription.
Right, you'll have to dig into the menus beyond what you're used to. But the chargers should still be there as a POI.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right, you'll have to dig into the menus beyond what you're used to. But the chargers should still be there as a POI.
Does that pre-condition the battery? Also you would have to know roughly where the chargers are in order to look at a POI in a particular area. Not as convenient as having the subscription where you can just select chargers and it shows you all available chargers.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does that pre-condition the battery? Also you would have to know roughly where the chargers are in order to look at a POI in a particular area. Not as convenient as having the subscription where you can just select chargers and it shows you all available chargers.
It should still precondition the battery as long as it was a known charger when the subscription was active.

Agreed that it is a pain, but its a work around if someone doesn't want to pay the $80 a year for that feature.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It should still precondition the battery as long as it was a known charger when the subscription was active.

Agreed that it is a pain, but its a work around if someone doesn't want to pay the $80 a year for that feature.
I almost never DCFC, I have a trip in June that will require a DCFC session. I'll test it unless someone else tests it first.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I tested this last week, and I could not get the Ford Nav to activate preconditioning now that my Connected Nav is expired.
I tried:
a) Selecting a DCFC charger from Charge Assist and sending it to Ford Nav
b) Finding a previously used EA station in Ford Nav and selecting it as destination

Note: The turn-by-turn directions work just fine. However, I was monitoring my HVB temp with Car Scanner and it didn't budge at all as I approached the destinations.

If you have been able to get different results, please post how you did it. I agree, this *should* be a feature of that car that stays intact without Connected Nav, but it wasn't working for me.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I tested this last week, and I could not get the Ford Nav to activate preconditioning now that my Connected Nav is expired.
I tried:
a) Selecting a DCFC charger from Charge Assist and sending it to Ford Nav
b) Finding a previously used EA station in Ford Nav and selecting it as destination

Note: The turn-by-turn directions work just fine. However, I was monitoring my HVB temp with Car Scanner and it didn't budge at all as I approached the destinations.

If you have been able to get different results, please post how you did it. I agree, this *should* be a feature of that car that stays intact without Connected Nav, but it wasn't working for me.
Choosing a charger from Charge Assist does *NOT* work for preconditioning, as it just sends coordinates to the GPS, and it doesn't recognize that as a charger.

That EA station, was it from the list of chargers in the NAV, or just from where you've selected it from Charge Assist in the past?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Choosing a charger from Charge Assist does *NOT* work for preconditioning, as it just sends coordinates to the GPS, and it doesn't recognize that as a charger.

That EA station, was it from the list of chargers in the NAV, or just from where you've selected it from Charge Assist in the past?
The EA was not from a Charge assist in the past. I think I found it on the map and set the destination that way. It definitely knew it was a charger though because it says "Chargers at this location" when bringing up the summary panel before clicking "Go". I can try a couple of more variations tomorrow morning when I go out.
Sponsored