sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I realized I never posted this comparison of different MME models with the Tesla MY

Ford Mustang Mach-E New EPA data posted for Mach-E models 1614008513140

Ford Mustang Mach-E New EPA data posted for Mach-E models 1614008513140

Maybe more info than you wanted?
The road load power plot helps explain most of the consumption and range differences.

The original AWD ER that I estimated 250 mi combined range from the EPA CSI data back in October is still also in the EPA test car list data, but is not reflected in any of the models on fueleconomy.gov
The main difference between the two AWD ER vehicles (both in tcl, but only one in csi) appears to be mostly tires (and so road load). Wheels and tires will make a difference in consumption and range, as is well known. Note that the road load ABCs are a curve fit to coast down data, so are all related to each other somewhat, even though I tried to isolate tires from A and drag from C in the table above. (B still matters...) EPA quotes the road load (in hp) at 50 mph.

Does anyone know where Inside EVs gets their "EPA" info?
Like: Additional info: "Combined range voluntarily lowered from 276 miles"
The calculated standard label range I come up with is generally lower (but not always) than the actual label range, not higher as implied by Inside EVs.
It looks like the biggest range factor in the Tesla Model Y over the Mach-E is simply drag area, not so much wheel&tire rolling resistance. I think this is to be expected.