Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My driving situation is very similar, I may drive a total of 60 miles a week. Rare but on occasion may drive a 50 mile day. I may try the 120 but still install a 240 line.
Sponsored

richs

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Ls
Country flag
I went on the NJ Clean Energy web site and the Mach E is still not listed. I sent them an email and got this response. I also asked when hey were gong to phase 2 where the 5k come off the price of the car instead of Appling for the rebate. I don't get it. Is Ford not paying attention or the state.

Rich S

Thank you for your interest in the Charge Up New Jersey Incentive. As of right now those vehicles listed on the website are the only approved, qualifying vehicles. I will forward this information to the rest of my team for review. In the meantime, you can check back periodically to see if there have been any additions to the list of eligible vehicles.

The second phase for Charge Up New Jersey Incentive, Point of Purchase, is still under development. Once that phase begins, you will still have 90 days to complete any post purchase incentive applications. After the 90 days all incentives will be given at the point-of-sale by the dealership.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I traded emails with them and got similar responses. I'm hoping that the Mach-E is added to the list soon and that the $5k will be applied to purchase. There also is a Home Charging Station program that will (hopefully) provide state incentives for the installation of 240V home chargers.

Sent: Friday, October 9, 2020 11:34 AM
To: Sal
Subject: RE: Electric vehicle charging rebates / incentives?

Hello Sal,

Thank you for your interest in the Charge Up New Jersey incentive. The program to incentivize in-home EV charging stations is currently under development. However, there will be a full public stakeholder process, where you will have the opportunity to weigh in on program details during the public comments. Planning will not begin until mid-December 2020 at the earliest and will be posted, here, by the NJBPU under Public Notices.

As of right now those vehicles listed on the website are the only approved, qualifying vehicles. I will forward this information to the rest of my team for review. In the meantime, you can check back periodically to see if there have been any additions to the list of eligible vehicles.

Sincerely,
Ann King
Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Office: (877) 426-2474
[email protected]
chargeup.njcleanenergy.com

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
They base the rebate on the number of all-electric miles, which probably means that the EPA numbers have to be available first.