Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
The cabin air filter I got, said it causes cancer in California so.......

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I installed this filter last week and have to say it made all the difference in the world. I always felt the car smelled musty, despite cleaning it every other week. I park in a parking garage in a large city with a humid environment.

This filter does a great job making the car smell fresh and clean. Can’t recommend it enough.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I finally did the replacement for this last weekend:

Me to my 8 year old: "Want to help me work on the car, we have to watch a youtube video then do these steps. And see how easy that looks? I will probably end up breaking a plastic clip and cursing"
8 year old: Finishes the video, runs out to the car, takes down the glove box, cant get the clip to pry so asks me (I break the first clip and proceed to curse) then he finished the install himself without issue.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
So it's $22, meaning the dealership will only charge $40 plus $50 installation...
Yeah, they wanted $85 to replace the filter when I was in for my HVBJB recall + 20K maintenance. I told them I would take care of it myself.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I installed this filter last week and have to say it made all the difference in the world. I always felt the car smelled musty, despite cleaning it every other week. I park in a parking garage in a large city with a humid environment.

This filter does a great job making the car smell fresh and clean. Can’t recommend it enough.
Same here. Installed a couple of months back and been very happy with the upgrade.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Which dealer?
Korum in Puyallup. That would probably be similar at most dealer service depts. I was very happy with their handling of the recall. They offered to pick up my MME and drop off the loaner, but I wanted to check out their service department in person.
I bought it online $32 with tax and free pickup at Way Scarff.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Korum in Puyallup. That would probably be similar at most dealer service depts. I was very happy with their handling of the recall. They offered to pick up my MME and drop off the loaner, but I wanted to check out their service department in person.
I bought it online $32 with tax and free pickup at Way Scarff.
I was thinking of getting the filter from Pierre Ford in Lake City. I'm hoping it really does work at eliminating exhaust smells. Since switching to EVs, I've become both a lot more attune to gas and diesel fumes and annoyed that the MME won't keep the Recirculation going for more than a few minutes.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I was thinking of getting the filter from Pierre Ford in Lake City. I'm hoping it really does work at eliminating exhaust smells. Since switching to EVs, I've become both a lot more attune to gas and diesel fumes and annoyed that the MME won't keep the Recirculation going for more than a few minutes.
I went to pickup the filter that I ordered online, at Way Scarff. They had the FP89 filter, not what I ordered. They said that somebody must have typed in the wrong part number... They said they would order the correct one and get it in a week. I called Korum, they checked and said that the closest dealer with that in stock is in CA. I originally ordered my MME from that dealer in 2020, but changed the order to Korum. They may be closer, but not worth a hill of beans.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I went to pickup the filter that I ordered online, at Way Scarff. They had the FP89 filter, not what I ordered. They said that somebody must have typed in the wrong part number... They said they would order the correct one and get it in a week. I called Korum, they checked and said that the closest dealer with that in stock is in CA. I originally ordered my MME from that dealer in 2020, but changed the order to Korum. They may be closer, but not worth a hill of beans.
Yup, need the one with two P’s. FPP89 vs FP89

kronstein

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2020 Explorer ST
Country flag
I tested this filter in my 2020 Explorer ST and 2022 Mach-E GT PE and oh boy it makes a difference!

I recently traveled to LA and back to SF Bay Area along the highway 5, and most of people who traveled hwy 5 know that if you don’t turn the HVAC recirculation on before approaching Harris Ranch you’ll suffer from horrible smell coming from a feedlot.

Now I can tell if you have the FPP89 installed in your car you won’t notice the horrendous smell coming from the feedlot.

P.S. I custom ordered and prepaid 2 FPP89 filters on parts.ford.com and picked them at Ford Livermore in Livermore, CA.
Sponsored