Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
am I the only one that thinks there is some performance improvements here too? Sync seems a bit quicker and more responsive here
Sponsored

Tushargl016

First Name
Tushar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
I dont think the range is any software update my extended range and currently shows 240 miles on 75pct charge

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
Seriously dude she's putting out misinformation - and previously FUD with her previous video about how "Ford refuses to fix her car".

So, yeah if you want to suck down misinformation and not know what is really going on then be my guest. Since you've only been here a day you aren't aware of the trove of information here, including threads like this one about how inaccurate the guess-o-meter is.

Or you could insult people that might be able to help you. either is fine with me
Yeah, most of her videos give me a headache. Lots better and more accurate content out there.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I don't get why all these important updates have to be dealer first, and OTA "later this year" or whatever. Seems to me they are just trying to suck you in to a dealer visit still. I don't see how anything has really changed unfortuantly..

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I don't get why all these important updates have to be dealer first, and OTA "later this year" or whatever. Seems to me they are just trying to suck you in to a dealer visit still. I don't see how anything has really changed unfortuantly..
The OTA process isn't ready yet. The dealers doing these updates is just so people can get a fix now, instead of waiting for the OTA to be ready. The few OTA's we have gotten mostly have just been making changes the gateway module that does the actual updates.

Although, Sync updates likely come differently than other updates. Sync should be able to download its own update in a similar fashion that Sync3 was supposed to. Seems like from other releases that when they release a sync update, it is enabled by model, and not VIN specific, So once they do release this one to the MME, we all should get it pretty quick after that.

That's why you see people sharing sync3 builds that were un-released. They all work and are official builds, but Ford either didn't release it at all, or they only approved it for certain models. But typically the update works on any car. Hoping that we'll eventually have a way to get these early builds to test like you can for sync3.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Yeah, most of her videos give me a headache. Lots better and more accurate content out there.
If you really want to carve your eyeballs out and ram pencils through your ears then watch the guys on JR Garage. No idea on their background, but 3 minutes made me want to turn back time and uninvent the internet.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you really want to carve your eyeballs out and ram pencils through your ears then watch the guys on JR Garage. No idea on their background, but 3 minutes made me want to turn back time and uninvent the internet.
EV Dave's initial videos of the MME were the ones that made me want to scream watching him. It just reminded me of trying to teach someone that was switching from iPhone to Android, and not getting any of it.

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I dont think the range is any software update my extended range and currently shows 240 miles on 75pct charge
There was a user here that stated he talked to a ford rep and they told him there would be a software update in late July that would increase range. Taking it with a grain of salt but, I hope its true. That would be pretty awesome!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Welll, to each his/her/non-binary own. Shannon's my girl. Her self-admitted shallowness is novel and J3:cool: often steals the show.
Your girl? J3 is the little guy? :confused:
They like to show them off is what I am thinking. No demo and I am the only one around. Possible they were just messing with me and no charging schedule to get it in for a few days? Still constructing that tin foil hat. ;) ?

We have not had a real OTA to date but it could happen ?. If so many are all worried about the first few so far that do nothing just watch this forum when something really happens.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
When I was at the dealer two weeks ago getting the 21B36 update for PAAK, he mentioned there was another update but did not apply it “because it was huge and would take about 4 hours.”

I expect this is that update. Which might help explain why Ford is hesitant to push it OTA.

This is speculation - I really don’t know - but I hope to get some answers next week during my second meeting with Ford upper management. It’s obviously getting pretty frustrating that we can’t get any fixes or improvements to SYNC. (And I don’t consider that sketch app or being able to play tic tac toe an “improvement.” This is flip-phone level stuff.)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So, is this available or what?

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
Your girl? J3 is the little guy? :confused:
In many of her vids she starts by saying something like "Hi, everyone, it's "your girl Shannon" here..."
J3 is the son, J2 the dad. BTW, it's not like I'm an EV & Chill aficionado or anything, because if I were I'd remember the dog's name. ?‍♂

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
When I was at the dealer two weeks ago getting the 21B36 update for PAAK, he mentioned there was another update but did not apply it “because it was huge and would take about 4 hours.”
4 hours seems about right for an old outdated computer system. I wonder how long a tesla update takes. plus the updates could be schedule to happen in the middle of the night I suppose.
Sponsored