David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
We have covered this in previous threads, effective today the order banks for the '22 Premium and California Route 1 are closed, for now you can still order Select and GT trim levels, no surprise here at all.
Is the Premium model no longer available? Looking at https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/build-and-price.html#/model today (Feb 25, 2022), it only shows Select and GT. Is this a temporary (supply chain?) issue, or a permanent change? Is there another way to order it? After much debate, I had concluded that Premium was the model for me, and was surprised to see it not listed when I went to double check the exact price.
Question for the group. So I placed my order for a 2022 MachE Premium AWD Ext Range on January 8. The order was accepted by Ford according to my dealer and I checked and no VIN as of yesterday 2/25/22. Will they fulfill my order or is this a situaiton where I will be waiting and get informed in 6 months that its a no go and I start over? I would just like to know if this is a shell game and I will still be sitting here a year from now with no car and have to get in line all over again.

Any advice is appreciated!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’d be surprised if you are told that your January order won’t be fulfilled. Absent severe supply chain crunches, you should get what you ordered. As for a wait, that is likely to continue as it is now.

mathnerd88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Acura MDX
Country flag
Question for the group. So I placed my order for a 2022 MachE Premium AWD Ext Range on January 8. The order was accepted by Ford according to my dealer and I checked and no VIN as of yesterday 2/25/22. Will they fulfill my order or is this a situaiton where I will be waiting and get informed in 6 months that its a no go and I start over? I would just like to know if this is a shell game and I will still be sitting here a year from now with no car and have to get in line all over again.

I would continue to check daily if there are any stock near you while your order is in place. There are dealers out there who will sell at msrp. It’s always better to protect yourself in case your order gets delayed too long and you lose out on the federal tax credit.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is the Premium model no longer available? Looking at https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/build-and-price.html#/model today (Feb 25, 2022), it only shows Select and GT. Is this a temporary (supply chain?) issue, or a permanent change? Is there another way to order it? After much debate, I had concluded that Premium was the model for me, and was surprised to see it not listed when I went to double check the exact price.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No more Premium? 1645850090466
It is available on the canadian site

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I did order an MME Premium AWD months ago (day 81 of predicted 196-day wait or 280 day wait or whenever). I am still waiting and, as said above, expecting to have my MME delivered eventually. MEANWHILE, I examined all suitable options (imminently available MME, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Kia E6, markups, and likely waiting times). I chose to use my trade-in "markup" to offset the dealer markup and opted for a Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd AWD that came available. I continue to wait for "my" MME order to arrive and to have the price protection and No-ADM promised honored. I will decide a course of action whenever delivery happens.

IMHO: Cessation of acceptance of 2022 MME orders absolutely does not mean cessation/discontinuation of production of the MME. Ford is moving into BEVs bigtime. Do read elsewhere on this thread/forum.

As one does read other threads, it is evident that questioning and speculation abound, which is largely explained by Ford's frustrating lack of communication with their customers. I'll take this opportunity to say that as I partake of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 forum, I find identical discussions about seemingly arbitrary deliveries, frustrations with corporate/dealer communications, and ADM. I blame the microchip shortage on the "bitcoin miners" for hogging microchips. ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E No more Premium? 1645900882302

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag

I assume it will be fulfilled. My order is 2 months older than yours, not a peep from Ford, but far, far from the longest waiting around here. I am starting to waffle just because there are a couple of alternatives (PHEV) that might fit my needs a bit better with less of a financial commitment. It’s still the best EV value, in my opinion, because Hyundai/Kia dealers suck something awful.

Regarding dealer stock, it’s almost all 2021’s and Selects.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I did a cursorary search and didn't find anything.
Thanks for all the replies.
Yeah, I know Ford didn’t really put it out very well. First orders were supposed to close for all Mach E’s on the 11th and that didn’t happen. Then it was the 22nd and that didn’t happen and then it was to close on the 25th for the Premium and CA Route 1 but not the Select or GT. It now looks like that came to fruition so now maybe Ford will make an official announcement but who knows.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
sure glad i got my premium order in back in Sept.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I get the why, because of changing year/ordering/supply and all that, but technically with what you can order, they can no longer market that hey have a 300+ mile vehicle. The Select and GTs do 270 at best that can be currently built.
Hey at least they make it
You know I believe you may be on to something there.
Which that pilot 360 is an awesome feature. No upper view camera... No bluecruise without it. Tada.

arc050

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I talked with my local dealer earlier this week and they told me they received a stop date of 2/22 and I was able to order a premium at that time. I have a feeling it will show up once the factories are able to get all of the components and finish older orders and then allow New orders again.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I didn’t read this whole thread yet, sorry… but I have been thinking, with the deletes I got ordering a 2021 and receiving a 2022… was it for the roof glass and ability to choose an extended range battery?

It is a bit of a snub the more I think about it.
Sponsored