rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
They gave up on my issue and I was never contacted. Best of luck to you.
Thanks for letting me know. I am not holding out much hope, but will reach out to the Ford team again on Friday.
Sponsored

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Thanks for letting me know. I am not holding out much hope, but will reach out to the Ford team again on Friday.
I also recommend reaching out to Mike Levine on Twitter. He has been able to work some miracles. He said he would look into my order and it shipped that week. He is an exec at Ford if you are unaware. Definitely more helpful than the Ford customer service or the dealership when it comes to getting things moving on your order. Food for thought.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also recommend reaching out to Mike Levine on Twitter. He has been able to work some miracles. He said he would look into my order and it shipped that week. He is an exec at Ford if you are unaware. Definitely more helpful than the Ford customer service or the dealership when it comes to getting things moving on your order. Food for thought.
That’s great that he might have helped you but what a waste of time for a high level exec to get involved And if he did he turned it over to someone. What if we all contacted him, do I believe that all of a sudden our cars will start moving. Sorry, I find that hard to believe.

now if I knew how to use twitter, I might try it. LOL

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
If you work in manufacturing, surely you can understand that the 1st priority is to keep the production line running. Shutting down a production line to do rework will result in less cars produced and less profit and will likely delay more cars making more customers upset.

They will finish the cars when they know they will have enough inventory to keep the line running and do that work.
You make a valid point. It sucks to be on a chip hold and seeing the lines continue to run and those cars being completed. I know other manufacturers in similar industries are running into chassis and component issues and their fear is if they have to shut down production they won’t be able to keep employees. Then when they can start production again they will have to hire all new people and retrain.

The whole situation is a mess. Ford, dealers and customers don’t want to be in this position, but it is what it is. If you told me 2 years ago about some of the BS and craziness that I would be experiencing in my industry I would have thought you were crazy, but here I am living it.

cheddarichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ordered my MME 7/31 - build dates kept getting pushed out until a final date of 12/6 (although tracker shows 12/11). Upon checking the Ford Tracker (only one that works for me) it seems the vehicle is stuck in the 'In Production' stage but an Estimated Delivery of 01/30/2022 (NO shot at this). I don't think it's a chip hold because the module tracker I used listed all of the modules. Anyone in the same boat? Getting crazy irritated with the lack of communication. Also pretty crazy I'll be receiving a 2021 well into 2022. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've also seen some people comment that although the tracker is stuck 'In Production' it's actually further along than that. Any help you guys can provide for further tracking, insight, etc. is greatly appreciated.
Ford Mustang Mach-E No updates on 2021 Mach E Orders @Ford Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.29.42 PM

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ordered my MME 7/31 - build dates kept getting pushed out until a final date of 12/6 (although tracker shows 12/11). Upon checking the Ford Tracker (only one that works for me) it seems the vehicle is stuck in the 'In Production' stage but an Estimated Delivery of 01/30/2022 (NO shot at this). I don't think it's a chip hold because the module tracker I used listed all of the modules. Anyone in the same boat? Getting crazy irritated with the lack of communication. Also pretty crazy I'll be receiving a 2021 well into 2022. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've also seen some people comment that although the tracker is stuck 'In Production' it's actually further along than that. Any help you guys can provide for further tracking, insight, etc. is greatly appreciated.
Ford Mustang Mach-E No updates on 2021 Mach E Orders @Ford Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.29.42 PM
I am still in production

build 12/10, went to a parking lot and back to facility on 1/8 and a delivery date to TBD, used to be 1/20/22 but no more

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
That’s great that he might have helped you but what a waste of time for a high level exec to get involved And if he did he turned it over to someone. What if we all contacted him, do I believe that all of a sudden our cars will start moving. Sorry, I find that hard to believe.

now if I knew how to use twitter, I might try it. LOL
He only intervenes if the situation warrants if. For example, in my situation, my car was built in September and then sat there until December with no updates. This is completely out of the ordinary and far from the 6 week time frame Ford provided as possible delay. If your order is on par with most others then he is likely to tell you just that. I understand not knowing Twitter. I had to get someone to show me how to @ him. Its far from guaranteed to work but, its is an out of the box method when normal channels have failed. What do you have to lose right?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Read the room .............. all of us on this thread are getting 2021 models that haven't been built yet well into 2022. I am not going to cancel a car that I waited for over 6 months just so the dealer can gouge another customer. We all just need some answers.
For what it's worth, no 2021MY MME are waiting to be given a build date or a VIN. Ford stopped building 2021MY and are now building 2022MY. I searched the small database on this forum looking only at entries with 2022MY VIN and most were ordered as 2021MY but converted to 2022MY. (Participation in this database is small and runs very behind, so my desire to assess actual 2022MY production rate and the actual dimension of the backlog and demand is frustrated.)

Attachments

OP
OP
rohankumar

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
He only intervenes if the situation warrants if. For example, in my situation, my car was built in September and then sat there until December with no updates. This is completely out of the ordinary and far from the 6 week time frame Ford provided as possible delay. If your order is on par with most others then he is likely to tell you just that. I understand not knowing Twitter. I had to get someone to show me how to @ him. Its far from guaranteed to work but, its is an out of the box method when normal channels have failed. What do you have to lose right?
I am going to try and use up whatever resource at this time out of desperation but I also agree with Ken. It's like being at the 1 yd line on a 3rd and Goal situation and having to throw Hail Mary's instead of walking into the end zone. This should be a lot easier. C'mon Ford.

OP
OP
rohankumar

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I am going to try and use up whatever resource at this time out of desperation but I also agree with Ken. It's like being at the 1 yd line on a 3rd and Goal situation and having to throw Hail Mary's instead of walking into the end zone. This should be a lot easier. C'mon Ford.
I have sent @mrlevine multiple tweets detailing the situation and asking for a formal response. I am not really expecting anything out of this, like all the others avenues we have been disappointed at but let's see.

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
....Ford stopped building 2021MY and are now building 2022MY....
There are a number of 2021MY cars that aren't yet build complete. I'd hope -- for the sake of all of us whose cars are in that state with a projected delivery date of TBD -- that our builds haven't been totally abandoned. as you imply.

If you meant "Ford is not starting any new builds of 2021MY cars", I'd believe that.

OP
OP
rohankumar

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
There are a number of 2021MY cars that aren't yet build complete. I'd hope -- for the sake of all of us whose cars are in that state with a projected delivery date of TBD -- that our builds haven't been totally abandoned. as you imply.

If you meant "Ford is not starting any new builds of 2021MY cars", I'd believe that.
I think the 'In production' vs 'Built' issue is more of a technicality. Our vehicles were in production week of 12/6 and built except for the microchips possibly as per Ford. However if the car can't even start and plant operators have to push it from the plant to the offsite location I would beg to differ. Also the fact that there is no end in sight to when the cars will be shipped tells me it's still in production.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the 'In production' vs 'Built' issue is more of a technicality. Our vehicles were in production week of 12/6 and built except for the microchips possibly as per Ford. However if the car can't even start and plant operators have to push it from the plant to the offsite location I would beg to differ. Also the fact that there is no end in sight to when the cars will be shipped tells me it's still in production.
if you can’t drive it, it ain’t built.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I Read on the Jan 3 build week thread has been built. there is a ship date but from what is posted the Build was completed 1/10/22

should make everyone here real happy

Last edited:

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag

As I understand it, "Build date" and VIN assignment marks the beginning of the production saga. When a particular MME is "complete" is entirely something else, usually coming weeks later, followed by the transit period, getting from the assembly plant to the destination on the "delivery date". The "completion date" is a term of art, since Ford has "built" MME that left the assembly plant lacking some/many microchips and cannot be "delivered" until they are completed. A similar problem arose with the seatbelt recall, where "completed" MME that were being delivered were held from delivery to the buyer until the safety fix was applied. I completely understand the dissatisfaction of 2021 buyers who have waited and waited, often without any "customer service" from Ford. I made no such implication that Ford had abandoned any "builds", though.

As a 2022MY seeker (day 44 of predicted 196-day wait), I've been trying to understand the mysterious Ford allotment and production process. Actual data is hard to come by and the little that I've looked at (attached 2022 VIN chronology from this forum) suggests that Jan 2022 MME production is going to fulfill 2021 orders.

note: Ford seems to have begun building several thousand 2022MY MME in the 3 weeks of January and whether they are getting all microchips (and being "completed" ahead of 2021 orders that are still "incomplete") seem unknown or are inaccessible to outsiders. The delays due to the global microchip shortage apparently continue but Ford''s declared priority for MME completions is unverifiable. Lastly, since participation in the forum database is low and incomplete, general conclusions based on it are weak.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: