Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Last january and order was place late june I believe by the dealer and I made nyself at the idea that I would get my car in march or april. In order to achieve that my car would need to be build in january or february cause of a +/-8 weeks of delivery. It's a bit frustrating right now seeing people who reserved/ordered later that have a build date and VIN , and that my dealer can't give me anything or not communicating. But I guess it's the name of the game and the season I suppose. :confused:
my dealer told me shipping takes 10 days from mexico to canada by train then truck.
Sponsored

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I can pull up just about any Ford vehicle VIN from a car sales listing and add it to my FordPass account.

That's fine, it's just giving me information about the as-built vehicle associated with the VIN.

The problem becomes if I'm able to see live data from the vehicle itself, that I do not own. For instance it's location and charge level. I should not be granted access to that as a non-owner.
Agreed, yes that would be a security issue. Has anyone been granted access to another vehicle as a non-owner?

EDIT: I just realized what a silly question that was! There are no "owners" yet, since no one has taken delivery at a dealership! Never mind!

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Not sure what the security issue is here. Even with the VIN, you have to correctly log into your FordPass account in order to see any information about your vehicle. As long as you are not in the habit about giving out user names and passwords, no one else can access the data. (Does Ford have an administrator override for emergencies?) Even if Macchiaz-O has my VIN, he can't do anything with that information.
Macchiaz-O is a troll, IGNORE.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wonder if someone at the factory saw the pairing request that @Thor188 initiated and they decided to approve it while they were coincidentally sitting in the car.

I am still puzzled that this would work though. IIRC, the 3rd party developer agreement makes clear that certain API calls are restricted to a geofence around the car. I'm surprised that the initial pairing wouldn't also have a distance constraint.
I’m actually surprised this worked. My understanding was you had to be in the car to do this as it also communicates with the phone via Bluetooth. I wonder if this was an anomaly?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I’m actually surprised this worked. My understanding was you had to be in the car to do this as it also communicates with the phone via Bluetooth. I wonder if this was an anomaly?
interesting - MyFord Mobile doesn't use Bluetooth for the three-way registration handshake - you don't even need a phone to do it (you can do it all through the web site). You're saying FordPass registration uses Bluetooth?

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Both F-150 plants have reportedly achieved OKTB.

The BLIS issue is resolved by a SW update.
Yes.

FWIW, Detroit dealers are showing new F-150's today, and trucks are being loaded.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
So with OKTB delayed i get the feeling there wont be any deliveries this year. At max some southern most states might get some cars but with everyday that passes theres less and less chance of that

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So with OKTB delayed i get the feeling there wont be any deliveries this year. At max some southern most states might get some cars but with everyday that passes theres less and less chance of that
I never thought there would be any this year. That was wishful thinking from way back. But I am all for getting it right. Hopefully this will resolve soon.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
They're still building, just waiting to ship. There will still be plenty of deliveries this year. Just more will be loaded on the trains now when OKTB is announced.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
im not worried about the deliveries being delayed but im wondering if this will cause a daisy chain effect for the remaining builds.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Ford took a beating in a recent Consumer Reports article. They are giving the Mach-E a bad rating, even before testing the car!!!

So Ford wants it to be right. I am giving them the time they need on this one....

Here is that article:

https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/reliability-problems-plague-newer-electric-cars/

Jim
I think it's irresponsible and misleading for Consumer Reports to "rate" vehicles they have never evaluated based on assumption of what it will be.

In my opinion it reflects poorly on CR and decreases my trust in them. I say this because the need to hurry up and post opinions on products they've never seen wreaks of them trying to "scoop" the industry by being able to say "you heard it here first". I'd rather just have accurate quality product reviews ... where the review *actually* took place.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Ford took a beating in a recent Consumer Reports article. They are giving the Mach-E a bad rating, even before testing the car!!!

So Ford wants it to be right. I am giving them the time they need on this one....

Here is that article:

https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/reliability-problems-plague-newer-electric-cars/

Jim
I think it's irresponsible and misleading for Consumer Reports to "rate" vehicles they have never evaluated based on assumption of what it will be.

In my opinion it reflects poorly on CR and decreases my trust in them. I say this because the need to hurry up and post opinions on products they've never seen wreaks of them trying to "scoop" the industry by being able to say "you heard it here first". I'd rather just have accurate quality product reviews ... where the review *actually* took place.
Meh.
CR has not tested or rated the Mach E. Their *predicted reliability* (emphasis mine) of the Mach E is below average, and this prediction was made in the context of general EV complexity, including the (also not yet tested) MB EQC.

The article is mostly about the idea that more complexity and more electronics *can* result in quality issues, especially on new platforms, whether ICE or EV. Seems reasonable to me.
Sponsored