Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Saw a White GT on a Ford Lot in Seattle........tell your insurance company you'll take that one
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Keep us posted on the insurance settlement process. When I had to deal with a totaled car, the insurance company kept comparing it to lower-spec versions (and I had to keep sending it back to get corrected), as there were thousands of dollars in difference on the enthusiast model versus the entry-level (like comparing a written-off 2013 Golf GTI Driver's Edition to the base 4-door).

Be prepared to have them compare the Mach-E GT to a Select 68 kWh (not that there isn't anything wrong with the base model, but it's not the GT).
Insurance companies will do all sorts of crap to lowball a payout, agreed. Watch their payout figures closely, OP!

discobeef

First Name
Biff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Grabber Blue
Country flag
I've done a quick shopping quest for all over my local area, and the dealer markup has only gotten worse since December. I was quoted $93K for one yesterday. I expect I'll wait for the order banks to open up and place an order. If anyone sees a Performance package version at a reasonable price, please let me know.
Galpin Ford near Los Angeles had a GTPE in dark matter grey on Friday 5/27 for under 80k after markup. Likely gone but you can check.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Check your insurance. Some companies replace the car within the first year of ownership with the same make and model. Then they have to deal with the Admin fee.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Glad to hear you and your family are safe. Sorry about the mme being totalled though.

I hope you can find one local

OP
OP

CobraDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Mustang; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Our insurance company is treating us well so far, but they also know they will eventually get reimbursed by the other guy's insurance. He was clearly at fault. They are paying out to me so I don't need to wait on the other company. They used online listings to value the car and came in just about where I think it should be, and they did add the sales tax on top of it. I can't complain about that.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
I've done a quick shopping quest for all over my local area, and the dealer markup has only gotten worse since December. I was quoted $93K for one yesterday. I expect I'll wait for the order banks to open up and place an order. If anyone sees a Performance package version at a reasonable price, please let me know.
Where are you located?

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Our insurance company is treating us well so far, but they also know they will eventually get reimbursed by the other guy's insurance. He was clearly at fault. They are paying out to me so I don't need to wait on the other company. They used online listings to value the car and came in just about where I think it should be, and they did add the sales tax on top of it. I can't complain about that.
Obviously I’m sure you’re aware that you can get the car repaired and pay the difference of the cost over the payout. Worth considering since you can’t find a replacement but depends on the damage. Cosmetic mostly only? Good luck either way.

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
After 6 wonderful months of ownership, our Mach E GT was taken from us by our insurance company. We were hit from behind, although the damage doesn't really show that. I am glad I don't have to deal with a body shop and a repaired vehicle, but we sure do miss this car. I will say the car is built like a tank and I feel better about its safety now than I did before. RIP Mustang Mach E GT.

Bad_Mach_E_2.jpeg
Such a shame! Glad you and yours are safe!

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
What exactly made it totaled?

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Glad your family is ok. Any more pics? Theres obviously more damage we can’t see in the original pic. I also have to wonder about batteries and insurance companies parting out like ICE cars. Even salvage titles and such.

Anyone needing modules or a junction box at a discounted but still high price?

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
Such a heartbreak.

I'm glad your family is OK and no one was hurt. Maybe your next Mme will have some improvements , hope it's not a forever wait.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
You might be able to use that to push the insurance company to give you more money. They are supposed to give you enough money to replace it in TODAY'S market it. it does not matter what MSRP is. They need to give you the money for TODAY'S price. Sadly that number can easily max out a lot of people's insurance but at the very least you might be able to use your and have them use the uninsuranced and under insured motorist to make up the differences. Let them sue the other guy.
Sponsored