One-pedal fault - anyone seen this?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My mom got this issue on her 21 Mach-E a couple of months ago - local dealership told her they needed to complete a couple of recalls and software updates and that should fix it.

She got it again yesterday, just driving down the road (not switching between D and R like some others have seen).

It's really shitty that this is apparently so common - but dealerships are incapable of fixing it. It makes the car behave/brake differently than you're used to and could easily be considered unsafe. She certainly get scared when the message pops up.

Say what you want about Tesla but at least the service centers only work on Teslas, so the technicians are familiar with the cars/issues/parts. I get the impression many Ford dealerships have no idea how to work on the Ford EVs.

Lots of people in here with the issue. Has anybody gotten it fully fixed and not gotten the error again for several months? Car software is up to date.
It's happened to me 2 or 3 times in the past 2 years and 30,000 miles. Seems to be a bug of some sort, but way to0 infrequent to isolate. If it is happening more frequently for you, could bear looking into.
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Lots of people in here with the issue. Has anybody gotten it fully fixed and not gotten the error again for several months?
I had a couple of problems related I think to a GSM (gear shift module) problem:
  1. Couple times backing out of driveway, shifted and car ended up displaying R, but moving Forward.
  2. Once after shifting on a street, power was much reduced and Powertrain Malfunction was reported.
Both of these went away after shifting again or re-starting the car and waiting a few minutes.

Took it into dealer, who said they updated GSM software and it should be fixed now. There did seem to be a Technical Service Bulletin or two that were relevant to GSM. I only had the issues three times in a year and a half of driving, so I'll never know if they actually fixed anything, unless the problems recur someday.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I just got this on my 2021 First Edition.
It also came with a “service soon” yellow wrench.
I restarted the car and the 1PD worked fine but the “service soon” message stayed.

now I have this in my Ford Pass

should I be worried?
Ford Mustang Mach-E One-pedal fault - anyone seen this? A267A3FD-2D71-48F6-AA91-CF0C177B1E65

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I restarted the car and the 1PD worked fine but the “service soon” message stayed.

should I be worried?
Ford Mustang Mach-E One-pedal fault - anyone seen this? A267A3FD-2D71-48F6-AA91-CF0C177B1E65
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Mach-E concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Just got an error message on the instrument screen: "1 Pedal Drive Fault Press brake pedal to reduce speed"

Restarted the car, the message went away.

The car is set to use 1 pedal driving. When the message was on the screen, the 1 pedal driving was clearly not working.

Anyone seen this?
The last time this happened to me, I was driving spiritedly and applying friction brakes to dry the rotors after a car wash. I got the brakes so hot that I got the one pedal fault message.

Once I got home, I could hold my hand outside of the wheel well and feel all of the waves of heat coming off. The ambient air temperature was 45°F.

That was awesome đź‘Ť

Pedro Diaz

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E 4X California Route-1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got an error message on the instrument screen: "1 Pedal Drive Fault Press brake pedal to reduce speed"

Restarted the car, the message went away.

The car is set to use 1 pedal driving. When the message was on the screen, the 1 pedal driving was clearly not working.

Anyone seen this?
It's been happening to me on both 1-pedal drive and standard. I can duplicate the alert when I stop at a red light or parking lot Idling. It comes with a secondary visual alert on the main screen showing the front right bumper with a red light. I thought I took a picture but didn't. I will update my post with it soon.

Screenshot_20230801_200632_Gallery.jpg

Vgkfan

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mme premium ER AWD 2016 Kia, 2003 Honda
Country flag

should I be worried?
Ford Mustang Mach-E One-pedal fault - anyone seen this? Screenshot_20230801_200632_Gallery
I just got that same alert last night on my 22 premium er awd. How did you make out? I’m heading to the dealership this morning. Sorry, I know your post was back in march.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I just got that same alert last night on my 22 premium er awd. How did you make out? I’m heading to the dealership this morning. Sorry, I know your post was back in march.
it was just a fluke for me. I just had gotten an OTA update and I guess that was it.

it didn’t happen again after

Vgkfan

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mme premium ER AWD 2016 Kia, 2003 Honda
Country flag
it was just a fluke for me. I just had gotten an OTA update and I guess that was it.

it didn’t happen again after
Ok, thanks for the reply. mine has been there for a week, but with the long weekend still haven’t looked at it. I’m suspecting a fluke as well.

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Count me in for this bug. Just got it this morning. Car had been in garage two days. 90% charge and got turtle mode too. Restarted and cleared. So far …..
Sponsored