Order to delivery timeframe? VIN assignment? Just, something.

Truenorth

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Country flag
Man, you ask all the questions I had, feel for you.
I asked my dealership to look and they showed me the results of the Vehicle visibility search, stating it is in KC
At that point, it was apparently there for 4 weeks already and scheduled for priority shipping
That was 6 weeks ago almost.
Ford Customer service tells me it is in Mexico and never left the factory yet since December.
I asked whether or not the car had the issues that were identified and led to the delays, corrected, but Ford can't tell me.
"what's wrong with it? " I asked to, and there does not seem to be an answer other than Quality control was done, but they can't confirm that.

I developed a significant fear that I would finally receive this car, with a bad battery, loose bolts, bad panoramic roof alignment and then have to deal with repairs through the dealership that has done nothing for me so far.
I know this might never have happened, by if you don't give me any answers, I start providing my own. My fault I guess.

I'll give you the answer the nice lady from CS at the dealership gave me.
She promised me that I would eventually get my car at some point and it would probably be fine.
I really appreciate your story now. I just got a call from the dealership. They claim the car is in KC and waiting for completion of assembly??
They are expecting to complete it any day, and ship it on up here.
I thanked him for the update, and asked him to return my deposit. That crazy story did not instill any confidence that I would see the car of my dreams anytime soon.
I am going to buy an electric car that exits. Time to give Tesla a call. I wish I could join all the people on this forum loving their Mach E, but it is not going to happen.
Sponsored

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I really appreciate your story now. I just got a call from the dealership. They claim the car is in KC and waiting for completion of assembly??
They are expecting to complete it any day, and ship it on up here.
I thanked him for the update, and asked him to return my deposit. That crazy story did not instill any confidence that I would see the car of my dreams anytime soon.
I am going to buy an electric car that exits. Time to give Tesla a call. I wish I could join all the people on this forum loving their Mach E, but it is not going to happen.
I’m sorry, I share the disappointment. If you live close enough to 1 of the 3 polestar outlets, I can only recommend you speak with them. Awaiting my delivery from Halifax. 0.9% financing and so far, awesome service. Sure Tesla is fine as well. Price of the FE MME and the P2 only dollars apart.
Good luck either way.

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Hello all. Just trying to get a read on delivery times. After searching the threads, it seems all over the place. So my husband and I officially ordered our MME at the dealer on 18 FEB after putting our money down on line. The dealer said the order has been placed and is in process. When we log in on line, we seem to be stuck at step 2 of 6 which is Place Order Ready.
Not bashing Ford at all as we have been loyal 30+ year owners of Fords. But we just want some kind of info on our order. Our MME dealer can only tell us it is in process as of yesterday.
We are fast approaching 60 days since we placed the order. We also know there is a world wide shortage of chip processors that most likely are impacting the build.
Anyone have any idea on some kind of timeframe we could reasonably expect delivery or even a VIN number being assigned? Just some sign of life on the other end?
Thanks everyone.
We ordered at the same time you did and are stuck at the same status. Our dealer said that it would likely be delivered sometime in late summer. However I don’t believe them and I don’t think they have any better information than we do. Given the backlog of orders I would think more realistically winter. But it is a crapshoot. 5 minutes ago I just bought a premium from a different dealer that had 10 of them coming in June. I think the larger dealers or a good bet for finding something. I had contacted 10 dealers and finally one of them came through.

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
I’m sorry, I share the disappointment. If you live close enough to 1 of the 3 polestar outlets, I can only recommend you speak with them. Awaiting my delivery from Halifax. 0.9% financing and so far, awesome service. Sure Tesla is fine as well. Price of the FE MME and the P2 only dollars apart.
Good luck either way.
In the US the Mach-e purchases qualify for a $7,500 federal tax credit. Teslas no longer have that going on. So for those paying $7500 or more for Fed income tax, this reduces the Mustang effective price, making it less expensive than Tesla. There is a bill pending in Congress that would restore the credit for makers such Tesla (the Green Act), but currently Snopes gives it a 14% chance of passing so don’t hold your breath on that one.

BTW I contacted Ford dealers in three states in my , now successful, search for a Mach—e arriving at a dealer soon and not pre-sold. They typically disappear within a day or so. So you have to establish a relationship with a sales person or manager and be the squeaky wheel. And be quick to respond when they let you know a vehicle is available. You also be offered vehicle colors that are not your first choice.
Sponsored