Order to delivery timeframe? VIN assignment? Just, something.

57 Cohibas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 Cabriolet, Mach E Premium SR RWD ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I asked my salesman to verify the build week date in their Visibility system.
He responded with a printout from the Visibility system that verified the date and showed the VIN and that it had been submitted to the plant..

The Visibility system is available to all dealers 24/7. If your dealer is not using it to provide information to you they are either lazy or very poorly trained.
I had same experience with my dealer (although I hooked up with the GM/Partner). He printed for me an order preview which had the 4 digit order #, so I was able to use the order trackers.
Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Both the Ford Mach-E Reservation Details Viewer and Ford Vehicle Order Tracking require the Order #, which I was able to get from my dealer. (Not the same as the reservation order number; it's 4 digits.) With the Ford Mach-e Reservation Details Viewer you can request the window sticker, which has the order # in the "Item #" box, but my experience is that the window sticker is not released by Ford until the vehicle is in production. (see Window sticker availability relative to build week thread.)
I have all that. I was trying to use the VIN tracker but it doesn’t show up, yet.

VIN tracker

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Hello all. Just trying to get a read on delivery times. After searching the threads, it seems all over the place. So my husband and I officially ordered our MME at the dealer on 18 FEB after putting our money down on line. The dealer said the order has been placed and is in process. When we log in on line, we seem to be stuck at step 2 of 6 which is Place Order Ready.
Not bashing Ford at all as we have been loyal 30+ year owners of Fords. But we just want some kind of info on our order. Our MME dealer can only tell us it is in process as of yesterday.
We are fast approaching 60 days since we placed the order. We also know there is a world wide shortage of chip processors that most likely are impacting the build.
Anyone have any idea on some kind of timeframe we could reasonably expect delivery or even a VIN number being assigned? Just some sign of life on the other end?
Thanks everyone.
I ordered a Premium ER online about the same time you did and contacted the local dealer who is handling it. They said end of summer is a good guess, but no commitment. Surfing these threads on this topic produces a) confusion b) uncertainty c) no consistency d) no detectable rhyme or reason for the various wait times

There are folks who ordered in December who are just getting May/June build dates, while some who ordered two months later are getting similar dates, but more likely no dates yet - like me. Another dealer said the shortage of batteries is virtually stopping the production of the Premium ER which requires 2 of them. He said they were focusing on the Standard since 1 battery= a car out the door. He isn't even allowed to order a Premium.

First quarter they produced 6.5k cars and had 50k cars on order last year before they even started production. This does not bode well for 2021 deliveries.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I placed my order for a Rapid red Premium 4/X on Feb 3 and just received a email yesterday that it will be built on Jun 7th. mine was stuck in that same position as yours for all that time. Hopefully you will hear soon.
I have to confess that I have actually cancelled my MME order.
The biggest reason being this total lack of understanding of the process, coupled with absolutely no communication.
Secondly the apparent unfairness where some people had placed orders months after me and already have their cars (why??) and mine still in transit 4 months later.
Deposit paid November 2019, ordered only June 2020, production date December 15th, 2020, Shipped Jan 5th, ETA May 17th.
I will accept Covid as the reason it took days shy of 6 months between order and production.
18 weeks estimated time to ship to Canada??? I have no explanation and neither has Ford.
Blame me any way you want, but I had enough.
I can only say that I really wanted this vehicle, was mighty patient and still would wait longer if I only had some, any, assurance from Ford, but I a got in answer to my enquiries was impatience.

cl0udmaster

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X (Infinite Blue), Lotus Elan
Country flag
I placed my order on 9/23/2020. Premium with Extended Range Battery.

As of today I am still waiting for it to be built, supposed build date 5/2/2021.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I placed my order on 9/23/2020. Premium with Extended Range Battery.

As of today I am still waiting for it to be built, supposed build date 5/2/2021.
You should have a VIN by now. Do you?

Truenorth

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Country flag
I have to confess that I have actually cancelled my MME order.
The biggest reason being this total lack of understanding of the process, coupled with absolutely no communication.
Secondly the apparent unfairness where some people had placed orders months after me and already have their cars (why??) and mine still in transit 4 months later.
Deposit paid November 2019, ordered only June 2020, production date December 15th, 2020, Shipped Jan 5th, ETA May 17th.
I will accept Covid as the reason it took days shy of 6 months between order and production.
18 weeks estimated time to ship to Canada??? I have no explanation and neither has Ford.
Blame me any way you want, but I had enough.
I can only say that I really wanted this vehicle, was mighty patient and still would wait longer if I only had some, any, assurance from Ford, but I a got in answer to my enquiries was impatience.
I ordered July 10. Production Feb 23. Shipped Feb 26. Arrival, no one can tell me. I see in this forum that some people receive cars, and some don't.

There are never explanations from Ford, so I assume they have no idea (why would they know but not tell me?).
Do shareholders know they have no idea where their product is?
I really wish I had ordered something else. It's not because it takes so long, it's because they don't know what's happening, and don't seem to care.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I ordered July 10. Production Feb 23. Shipped Feb 26. Arrival, no one can tell me. I see in this forum that some people receive cars, and some don't.

There are never explanations from Ford, so I assume they have no idea (why would they know but not tell me?).
Do shareholders know they have no idea where their product is?
I really wish I had ordered something else. It's not because it takes so long, it's because they don't know what's happening, and don't seem to care.
I'm really sorry you are suffering this, hope it all works out soon.
At least you are not a quitter like me.
I totally agree that it's not all about the waiting (although no-one really cares for it) but for me it's about the uncertainty.
When my ETA was changed by 12 weeks within 2 days after the initial ETA, with no-one at Ford having any explanation or frankly any understanding that this is upsetting to me as a customer, treating me like my enquiries were uncalled for and childish, I bailed.

Truenorth

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Country flag
I'm really sorry you are suffering this, hope it all works out soon.
At least you are not a quitter like me.
I totally agree that it's not all about the waiting (although no-one really cares for it) but for me it's about the uncertainty.
When my ETA was changed by 12 weeks within 2 days after the initial ETA, with no-one at Ford having any explanation or frankly any understanding that this is upsetting to me as a customer, treating me like my enquiries were uncalled for and childish, I bailed.
I am still struggling with this, and might yet bail.
What seems weird to me is that anthing I buy online can be tracked by the customer Amazon, Best Buy, Staples etc etc. Millions of items, large and small are tracked every day. But a 5000 lb car, nobody seems to know where the hell it is.
Is this really the sad state of Ford systems? Even the post office can track a package, but not Ford.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Have you asked your dealer to look it up on their Visibility tool? The tool is available 24/7.

Truenorth

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Country flag
Have you asked your dealer to look it up on their Visibility tool? The tool is available 24/7.
Well, no I didn't because I have never heard of a visibility tool. I asked the dealer where the car was last week. Said it was in Mexico, or maybe Kansas City. Said he would get back to me. Sent a follow up email Monday with the same question, plus if it is still in Mexico, what is wrong with it?
Still waiting.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Well, no I didn't because I have never heard of a visibility tool. I asked the dealer where the car was last week. Said it was in Mexico, or maybe Kansas City. Said he would get back to me. Sent a follow up email Monday with the same question, plus if it is still in Mexico, what is wrong with it?
Still waiting.
Man, you ask all the questions I had, feel for you.
I asked my dealership to look and they showed me the results of the Vehicle visibility search, stating it is in KC
At that point, it was apparently there for 4 weeks already and scheduled for priority shipping
That was 6 weeks ago almost.
Ford Customer service tells me it is in Mexico and never left the factory yet since December.
I asked whether or not the car had the issues that were identified and led to the delays, corrected, but Ford can't tell me.
"what's wrong with it? " I asked to, and there does not seem to be an answer other than Quality control was done, but they can't confirm that.

I developed a significant fear that I would finally receive this car, with a bad battery, loose bolts, bad panoramic roof alignment and then have to deal with repairs through the dealership that has done nothing for me so far.
I know this might never have happened, by if you don't give me any answers, I start providing my own. My fault I guess.

I'll give you the answer the nice lady from CS at the dealership gave me.
She promised me that I would eventually get my car at some point and it would probably be fine.

Truenorth

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Country flag
Man, you ask all the questions I had, feel for you.
I asked my dealership to look and they showed me the results of the Vehicle visibility search, stating it is in KC
At that point, it was apparently there for 4 weeks already and scheduled for priority shipping
That was 6 weeks ago almost.
Ford Customer service tells me it is in Mexico and never left the factory yet since December.
I asked whether or not the car had the issues that were identified and led to the delays, corrected, but Ford can't tell me.
"what's wrong with it? " I asked to, and there does not seem to be an answer other than Quality control was done, but they can't confirm that.

I developed a significant fear that I would finally receive this car, with a bad battery, loose bolts, bad panoramic roof alignment and then have to deal with repairs through the dealership that has done nothing for me so far.
I know this might never have happened, by if you don't give me any answers, I start providing my own. My fault I guess.

I'll give you the answer the nice lady from CS at the dealership gave me.
She promised me that I would eventually get my car at some point and it would probably be fine.
Thanks for your story. It certainly does sound like they don't want to tell you the reason. They don't want you to know.
That is the other explaination, and makes way more sense than they don't know. It must be so bad they don't care if you walk. Yikes.
Sponsored