Order to delivery timeframe? VIN assignment? Just, something.

NurseNoodles

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E/2018 5.0 GT Mustang PP1
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hello all. Just trying to get a read on delivery times. After searching the threads, it seems all over the place. So my husband and I officially ordered our MME at the dealer on 18 FEB after putting our money down on line. The dealer said the order has been placed and is in process. When we log in on line, we seem to be stuck at step 2 of 6 which is Place Order Ready.
Not bashing Ford at all as we have been loyal 30+ year owners of Fords. But we just want some kind of info on our order. Our MME dealer can only tell us it is in process as of yesterday.
We are fast approaching 60 days since we placed the order. We also know there is a world wide shortage of chip processors that most likely are impacting the build.
Anyone have any idea on some kind of timeframe we could reasonably expect delivery or even a VIN number being assigned? Just some sign of life on the other end?
Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello all. Just trying to get a read on delivery times. After searching the threads, it seems all over the place. So my husband and I officially ordered our MME at the dealer on 18 FEB after putting our money down on line. The dealer said the order has been placed and is in process. When we log in on line, we seem to be stuck at step 2 of 6 which is Place Order Ready.
Not bashing Ford at all as we have been loyal 30+ year owners of Fords. But we just want some kind of info on our order. Our MME dealer can only tell us it is in process as of yesterday.
We are fast approaching 60 days since we placed the order. We also know there is a world wide shortage of chip processors that most likely are impacting the build.
Anyone have any idea on some kind of timeframe we could reasonably expect delivery or even a VIN number being assigned? Just some sign of life on the other end?
Thanks everyone.
12 weeks and counting here. Iā€™m exactly where you are. If you find a way to squeeze information out of Ford, please share.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Thanks everyone.
Unfortunately, no. If I had a dollar for every complaint about lack of communication from Ford on here (mine included) I could cover the deposit on my MME. ?

OP
OP
NurseNoodles

NurseNoodles

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
12 weeks and counting here. Iā€™m exactly where you are. If you find a way to squeeze information out of Ford, please share.
Well, we even called a local dealer in where we live. They were the first dealer in the metro area to receive the Mach E. We thought they might be able to help us out. But the rep said he had no access to the system. We even tried a chat with Ford but to initiate one, you need a VIN. Perhaps weā€™ll just give them a VIN of our current Mustang and in turn talk about our MME order.
Please do the same.
Thanls for the response.

OP
OP
NurseNoodles

NurseNoodles

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Unfortunately, no. If I had a dollar for every complaint about lack of communication from Ford on here (mine included) I could cover the deposit on my MME. ?
Yeah. We totally agree. Just some comms from Ford to disperse info to keep people like us from posting threads:).

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I ordered on 1/20 and received this on 2/18...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order to delivery timeframe? VIN assignment? Just, something. 1618188844908
Interesting. I've seen several other posts with relatively short periods between order and production scheduling. What are the specs of your MME? Wondering if that makes any difference.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, we even called a local dealer in where we live. They were the first dealer in the metro area to receive the Mach E. We thought they might be able to help us out. But the rep said he had no access to the system. We even tried a chat with Ford but to initiate one, you need a VIN. Perhaps weā€™ll just give them a VIN of our current Mustang and in turn talk about our MME order.
Please do the same.
Thanls for the response.
Been there. Done that. Same result.

You can also call Ford Mach-E Order Support, (833) 385-0523. Youā€™ll get the same answer but youā€™ll get to spend an hour or so on hold listening to music.

If it helps at all, there are people on this forum who have waited much longer and been treated far worse than us.

Your options boil down to...

-find a car on the lot at another dealer

-buy a Tesla

-settle in for the long haul and develop a seething hatred for ? Ford

So far Iā€™m going with the last.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
It seems like build dates through May have already been assigned. GT production almost has to start in June, which I suspect will push most unassigned builds out until July or later. The SR and RWD versions seem to be getting faster build dates, but there is also a lot of randomness in the order of builds.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
It seems like build dates through May have already been assigned. GT production almost has to start in June, which I suspect will push most unassigned builds out until July or later. The SR and RWD versions seem to be getting faster build dates, but there is also a lot of randomness in the order of builds.
?? that my SR RWD gets scheduled for production soon. ?

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I so hope you are wrong but I fear you are not.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I received my VIN on 3/20 from the dealer.
My order was 6/30/2020, with a not very early reservation. I heard nothing until this January when I Got a production schedule of mid-feb. Hear nothing again until Feb 28 when is was completed right on schedule. Then another emsil on Mar 3 that it was shipped with an estimated delivery date of 3/28 to 4/4. Again nothing until finally on 3/29 the dealer sees it is on its way from the rail yard. It was prepped and delivered 4/1. There is apparently no way to hurry any part of the precess. Just need to chill. It is a great car and worth the wait, but not the stress.

ā€˜64 GTO

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜64GTO, ā€˜73 280Z,ā€™ 92 Miata, 2004 PT Cruiser
Occupation
Ret. Financial Advisor
Country flag
I ordered on 12/24/2020. Scheduled for build week 4/19/2021. Just got a vin # yesterday but it had a date of May 17. Donā€™t know the significance of that date. Waiting for a reply from dealer. Vin # canā€™t be found in System yet.
Sponsored