OP

YearofTurkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Just an update for those following along:
After tweeting at Ford, Jim Farley, and Mike Levine on Friday I quickly received a message from Mike asking for VIN to try and help. But it’s 6 days later and still the farthest I’ve gotten with them is another generic response.

EED5D8E1-BBBF-4CE1-A4B7-9A959C4E54BA.png
Sponsored

OP
OP

YearofTurkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
After tweeting at Ford, Jim Farley, and Mike Levine on Friday I quickly received a message from Mike asking for VIN to try and help. But it’s 6 days later and still the farthest I’ve gotten with them is another generic response.

EED5D8E1-BBBF-4CE1-A4B7-9A959C4E54BA.png

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ordered 7/15/20 still not delivered EED5D8E1-BBBF-4CE1-A4B7-9A959C4E54BA
I’ve received more help from this free forum in the first 24 hrs than in 13 months from a $100 billion plus company with hundreds of thousands of employees. I keep telling my parents that I’m going to figure this out for them but I’m starting to lose faith.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
At this point, I'd move on to something else. This whole situation is shady and it's giving me pause for my order. Horrible communication from Ford, and your dealer.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
The day you give up they'll find the car sitting in some lot in perfect condition without a scratch. Until then it's in a quantum state of flux where it's perfect and waiting for you and totaled in a ditch somewhere buried under a landslide...

Seriously though, wishing you luck. I can only imagine the insanity this causes.

OP
OP

YearofTurkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
The day you give up they'll find the car sitting in some lot in perfect condition without a scratch. Until then it's in a quantum state of flux where it's perfect and waiting for you and totaled in a ditch somewhere buried under a landslide...

Seriously though, wishing you luck. I can only imagine the insanity this causes.
Thank you! The crazy thing is they seem to know where it is. That’s the only consistent thing that’s happened each time we’ve talked to someone “we’ve located your vehicle.” But nothing else. At this point, you’re right, the car could be at the bottom of a river. There must be something seriously wrong with it - so why couldn’t they just fast track another one months ago?! So insane.

OP
OP

YearofTurkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
At this point, I'd move on to something else. This whole situation is shady and it's giving me pause for my order. Horrible communication from Ford, and your dealer.
Agreed. If they can locate it they should have been able to give us more information by now, possibly something like, “Your car was hijacked by a gang of wild tigers 3 months ago and they peed all over it. We’re so sorry for the delay and our horrible lack of communication. We definitely dropped the ball here but we do value our customers. We’d like to offer you this better car instead and you can pick it up tomorrow”

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Agreed. If they can locate it they should have been able to give us more information by now, possibly something like, “Your car was hijacked by a gang of wild tigers 3 months ago and they peed all over it. We’re so sorry for the delay and our horrible lack of communication. We definitely dropped the ball here but we do value our customers. We’d like to offer you this better car instead and you can pick it up tomorrow”
Wow, cat pee is nasty. I can only imagine tiger pee. ?

I hope that they can tell you more than “we found your car, (maybe something like “we found your car and here is what we are doing to get it to you”) and soon.

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. Ordered directly via a Dealer in CO (one of the larger, but not the largest) on May 14. I have an order number, but no VIN and no Production Date (obviously). The dealer has about 10 in their order queue but they haven't had an allocation assigned to them in over a month. It seems to me that the 2021 model year production slots must already be full up (they'll be switching over to the 2022 models in late Nov.). So if I don't get a production date assigned in the next couple of weeks, I have no idea what I will get.

I can't believe that anyone who orders today will get a 2021, but if you navigate the Ford site, they are still stating that 2021 orders can be made but also state a 24+ week wait. If its generally 6-ish weeks from production to delivery, that implies that someone ordering today will get a "2021" that is not manufactured until Feb. 2022. Makes no sense.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I have been following your mis-adventure. Stick with it a while longer to try find out how the story ends. Its hard to get any new car today so maybe start working on plan B.

OP
OP

YearofTurkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
I have been following your mis-adventure. Stick with it a while longer to try find out how the story ends. Its hard to get any new car today so maybe start working on plan B.
I mentioned in a previous post that I’m an optimist/idealist and I’m definitely still choosing to believe that Ford is not actively trying to screw people over. But it is crazy that they are, obviously, aware of this issue now and still haven’t delivered any solution.

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
I mentioned in a previous post that I’m an optimist/idealist and I’m definitely still choosing to believe that Ford is not actively trying to screw people over. But it is crazy that they are, obviously, aware of this issue now and still haven’t delivered any solution.
Could it be they dont have a solution? Depending on what vehicle your parents ordered they might not have another like for like they could take from a dealer and give to you since that was already assigned to someone else etc. I guess they could take one that was dealer ordered ... or put in a new factory order in your name but I just dont see too many Prem Extended available anywhere.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
When were those messages exchanged with Amelia? If that was more than a couple days ago, I'd reach back out today or, at the latest, tomorrow and ask for an update. They obviously know where the car is, and I have to believe they know why it has been delayed.

At this point they either need to provide a reasonable explanation about the situation or simply provide a path to get your parents into a different Mach-E. Press Amelia for a resolution, and demand further escalation if she is dodgy.

OP
OP

YearofTurkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
When were those messages exchanged with Amelia? If that was more than a couple days ago, I'd reach back out today or, at the latest, tomorrow and ask for an update. They obviously know where the car is, and I have to believe they know why it has been delayed.

At this point they either need to provide a reasonable explanation about the situation or simply provide a path to get your parents into a different Mach-E. Press Amelia for a resolution, and demand further escalation if she is dodgy.
Those messages from Amelia were from yesterday afternoon.

OP
OP

YearofTurkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Could it be they dont have a solution? Depending on what vehicle your parents ordered they might not have another like for like they could take from a dealer and give to you since that was already assigned to someone else etc. I guess they could take one that was dealer ordered ... or put in a new factory order in your name but I just dont see too many Prem Extended available anywhere.
It’s definitely possible they don’t have a solution but they’ve had a long time to come up with one. I’ve seen some peoples car’s delivered in as fast as 6 weeks (I think) so when they realized there was an issue they could have started building another one?
Sponsored